Ambien 2 day nightmare.

so ive been having some trouble sleeping. decided to call my doc to complain and he prescribed me ambien 5mg. soooo... i took 2 before bed on monday night and it knocked me cold. my next waking memory was mid-day wednesday. looked at my bottle and there were only 4 pills remaining of a total 30?!?!?!

wtf happenned?

i read the side effects and they included memory loss. could i have lost track of taking the pills and taken them all day? i don't know what to think. my girlfriend said i was a mess.

the worst part is i forgot to take my prop and igf injections for 2 days in a row!!!! not good.

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    ambien is very strong. i have used it many times. never took more then 2 at a time. i remmeber trying to fight it to stay up when i took it once and it made me stupid and slow. other then that it knocks me out. BDTR once had a story about himself doing some very weird things while taking ambien so it is possible you took more then you realized.

doublewide is offline Associate Member
    I hope you do not take offense to this but that is hilarious!!!! I am glad you are OK but you mean you slept for like a day and a half? I can only imagine your whole thought process when you woke up after that figuring out what day it was and everything.

Ambien rocks when you need to sleep and can't. Sounds like you took a whole bottle in your sleep or something. I am sure you will be OK. I might be more worried about your liver and kidneys. I do not know for sure but taking 26 of those bad boys can't be too good on everything.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Crazy shit!!Sure your girl isnt messing with you and hid them, would be pretty funny!

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    By the way where on LI are you???Im in the Hamptons area.

quamrh is offline New Member
    I was precribed 10mg and had no problems I am out cold as a mofo for 6 hours then wide awake.

Zapp is offline Banned
    Bro if you took all 26...you would still be sleeping.....at the morgue!

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Is that shyte habit forming? What are the side effects? I have always had a hard time falling asleep, but my mom has drilled in to my brain since I was a child to never become dependent on any kind of drug.

Zapp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by clockworks
    Is that shyte habit forming? What are the side effects? I have always had a hard time falling asleep, but my mom has drilled in to my brain since I was a child to never become dependent on any kind of drug.
    Yeah it is addictive. Was going through a divorce and custody battle a few years ago and couldn't sleep. My doctor put me on ambien 10mg. I took them for two months. When it came time to get off of them, couldn't sleep for nothing. It took me over two weeks to finally get back right.

freon is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fighteveryone
    so ive been having some trouble sleeping. decided to call my doc to complain and he prescribed me ambien 5mg. soooo... i took 2 before bed on monday night and it knocked me cold. my next waking memory was mid-day wednesday. looked at my bottle and there were only 4 pills remaining of a total 30?!?!?!

wtf happenned?

i read the side effects and they included memory loss. could i have lost track of taking the pills and taken them all day? i don't know what to think. my girlfriend said i was a mess.
    Yes, you probably did. Ambien is pretty safe as far as overdoses: " Individuals have fully recovered from zolpidem tartrate overdoses up to 400 mg (40 times the maximum recommended dose)" http://www.sanofi-synthelabo.us/prod...tml#OVERDOSAGE

The key to using Ambien right is to take it and go RIGHT to bed. No delay, no conversations, no phone calls, no computer. Otherwise it'll start to affect you in strange ways and you won't remember it the next morning, plus you won't feel well rested, in my experience.

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    Ambien is habit forming and works less and less as you continue to take it. Just as valium is and many other of those kinds of drugs that cause drowsiness.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns101
    By the way where on LI are you???Im in the Hamptons area.
    i'm in the Islips area... middle of Suffolk.

yeah im not taking it ever again. that scared the crap outta me. the past 2 nights i havent slept more than 2 hours too. shyt got me all fukked up.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    I took ambien once when having bad insomnia... 10mg knocked me out
    like a baseball bat... It didn't leave that much of the drug hangover
    feeling either as some sleeping aids will... I just didn't like the idea of
    becoming depended on it, so I stopped using it...

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by freon
    Yes, you probably did. Ambien is pretty safe as far as overdoses: " Individuals have fully recovered from zolpidem tartrate overdoses up to 400 mg (40 times the maximum recommended dose)" http://www.sanofi-synthelabo.us/prod...tml#OVERDOSAGE

The key to using Ambien right is to take it and go RIGHT to bed. No delay, no conversations, no phone calls, no computer. Otherwise it'll start to affect you in strange ways and you won't remember it the next morning, plus you won't feel well rested, in my experience.
    Yea but it is pretty fun when it kicks in and you are still up, the next morning my girl always has some type of story to tell me of something stupid I did.

Rebel Yell is offline Associate Member
    Been taking it for 6 months ( prescribed ) ay 5mg a night. I sleep real well, wake up fine.
    Been an insomniac before ambien.

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    I took Ambien when I had to fly and it worked great, loved that shit but you can get hooked real easy. I was relying on Klonopin and then Valium to help me sleep and I ended up taking 3 times the prescribed amount. Now I stay away from script meds. Melatonin does the trick for me if I can't sleep.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    take a few tabs of benedryl or some nyquill..... and about 3-4 melatonin.

The benedryl or nyquill knocks you out and the melatonin keeps you in a deep sleep longer..... works great for me
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    i took a couple one time and woke up in a different pair of underwear. They were stuffed in the back of a drawer, and i hadnt worn them in about a year. that shit is crazy.

Thread Information