BeerBaron is offline Senior Member

Funny misuses of equipment in your gym

This idea came to me today when I watched a woman doing a leg work out on the assisted dip/pull up machine. Another I recently observed was a kid using the forearm twist up rope for a behind the head tri work out and snapped the f***ing rope! I mean what are some of these people doing!?!?

I know you guys gotta have some good ones, as I see dumb sheit all the time. Please share!

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    lol some guy was doing some sort of warped Tri workout on one of those ab machines, using the handles and just pushing his arms forward without using his abs...

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    leg workout??? assited pull ups???
    that would be very interesting lol

why dont u walk up and say you are doing the wrong thing
    and u may damage the equipment how bout trying this exercise
    if it really annoys u

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    one time some dude grabbed a 45 plate and just swinged it.. he does it once with his left hand, then right, then over his head.. he got some water, and then did it again..

i aways see older guys do wierd things.. today some fat old guy, with a big gut and little stick arms, was running in place after he would do a set on a machine.

Quote Originally Posted by collar
    leg workout??? assited pull ups???
    that would be very interesting lol

why dont u walk up and say you are doing the wrong thing
    and u may damage the equipment how bout trying this exercise
    if it really annoys u
    cause it aint my problem if someones an idiot

i havent seen anyone at my gym do dumb exercises
    but i have seen guys come in try bench like 4 plates a side or 3 and half
    and u can tell they have never trained
    and their there struggling his doing 50% and his mate spotting the other 50% lol
    its like watching one big struggle lmao

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    i somehow manage to be in there when its like 80% girls, and they have their own section at my gym. I have been known to experiment using a lot of different angles for my back workout, but thats about it. I dont pay much attention to anyone, and i frankly couldn't care less unless they are about drop a dumbbell on my foot.

I see this one Pacific Islander guy in the gym once in a while...he's such an idiot. The only muscle groups I see him train are Biceps and Chest, I saw him on Monday doing this, and then again on Wednesday of the same week doing it again. idiot.

he would grab a 50 lb dumbell for each hand (wayy to much weight for him to be controlled for standing bicep curls)..he would literally throw both of them up with his back/shoulders instead of curling them...god that sh*t REALLY pissed me off

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    its not funny but....theres this old man who had a stroke.....he has a nurses aid with him every day that puts him thru his workouts.......now he dont talk and can barely move....his aid, that day had him sitting in a 4-way neck machine doing neck exercises, but the machine was broken and had no padding to protect his forhead. before i could stop him,the poor ole man had cut his forehead on the machine. he didnt complain at all. freaken nurses aid said, i didnt know it was broke......guess she couldnt read the sign

decadbal is offline Banned
    look at all the experts... again... pay attention to you.. let the rest of the world fade out..then youll be lifting weights correctly..

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by captain5214
    its not funny but....theres this old man who had a stroke.....he has a nurses aid with him every day that puts him thru his workouts.......now he dont talk and can barely move....his aid, that day had him sitting in a 4-way neck machine doing neck exercises, but the machine was broken and had no padding to protect his forhead. before i could stop him,the poor ole man had cut his forehead on the machine. he didnt complain at all. freaken nurses aid said, i didnt know it was broke......guess she couldnt read the sign
    That is, actually, really funny. I'm on my way to the gym now, hopefully I'll have more stories when I get back.

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    look at all the experts... again... pay attention to you.. let the rest of the world fade out..then youll be lifting weights correctly..
    Oh I forgot that lifting weights correctly was impossible if you were concious of anyone in the same room you are. Thanks for the helpful tip deca ! Maybe some of us can walk and chew at the same time.

isnt my fault your workout methods are crap... dont be mad little boy.. just change em... everyones in the gym to make sure they workout exactly the way you want em to..

SHAOKAHN is offline Member
    Focus prevents me form noticing anything but what I'm doing. Unless someone actully approches or touches me (HATE THAT BTW). I'll see stupid sh*t like that sure, and prob laugh about it later that day too, but it just does'nt register at the time.

1819 is offline Senior Member
    guys im sorry but sometimes ya cant help it. i saw a guy, a grown ass man for god sakes, squatting down under the calf machine doing military presses. i had to ask what the hell he was doin? maybe it was some type of crazy isolation somethin or other but it looked painful and funny as all hell. by the way, he didnt have an answer and i never saw him again.

chest6 is offline Banned
    I fvcking hate when stupid women take up my bench with their hands on it for pushups...wtf this is pointless and u are using my bench for it. I always come up to them and say are you using this then I jump on it. Also I saw a guy the other day trying to leg press on the calf machine..pretty funny his range of motion was like 4 inches

Quote Originally Posted by 1819
    guys im sorry but sometimes ya cant help it. i saw a guy, a grown ass man for god sakes, squatting down under the calf machine doing military presses. i had to ask what the hell he was doin? maybe it was some type of crazy isolation somethin or other but it looked painful and funny as all hell. by the way, he didnt have an answer and i never saw him again.
    LMAO

1819- "Dude wtf are you doin?"

Newb-"Well ya see I...er.....uhm..I will answer that question as soon as I go out to my car to grab some..uhh......fitness.....stuff!"

i hate you all

chest6 is offline Banned
    i hate you more..i hate ppl who say they hate everyone

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    i hate you all
    Why? are you one of these people?

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by juicy_brucy
    Why? are you one of these people?
    please see ironfreaks thread

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    at my gym we have a sit down chest press. it has a footbar u push on to get the handles started so u can reach them i see people doing 3 in. leg presses all the time on that damn machine.

chest6 is offline Banned
    k today i saw a few. There was a 10 year old kid standing on the weight assisted dip machine that you are supposed to put your knees on cuz he was too short. I looked over there and burst out laughing and the lady training him told me i was disrespectful. I didnt even try to make it look like i was laughing at something else..o well.

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    At my gym I dont see alot of stupid uses for gym equipment, just alot of stupid people always trying to lift too much...

They must think they look strong... Pick up 100lb dumbells, strain back, pick up 80's, strain back, work their way down, do 3 wicked hard sets of 45-50, then on to the next excercise..

oh, and whats with half reps???

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    some1 doing dick raises on the smith machine

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    some1 doing dick raises on the smith machine
    you mean thats not what its for??

Lmao
    Rofl

gymnutt is offline Associate Member
    I see a couple with some unusual exercises at my gym. One dude looks like a 90 year old drunken sailor and will pick up a 45 lb plate and swing it from side to side while totally torqing out his lower and even mid back, I try to stay away from him in case he loses hold and it goes flying. Then there's the 90% of people in the gym that think the bench press is a barcalounger that they can lie on while giggling with their silly friends about all the money they're making or lie about how much weight they're lifting. Which is just so very amusing to me when I have to work in an hour and there's only three benches, meaning I have stand behind them and harass them until they get off from the bench. They'res the 250 lb Ms. Trunchbull lookalike in hot neon 80's spandex who does a Chris Farley chippendales aerobic routine with 5 lb dumbbells sidestepping her big fat azz from side to side in front of the dumbell rack. Then there's the genius who throws..three 45 lbsers! on the standing lat pull and than does squats and doesnt even pull with his back or arms. I think I always get a great laugh when I see punks mad dog everyone in sight and load up the smith machine and then do 1/4 or 1/2 reps on their bench or military. Coming off of rant mode when I do see someone in the gym who is consistent in working out..if I see them doing something extra stupid I'll often show them an "alternative way" to do an exercise. I got all the respect in the world for people who actually put out their best in the gym.

i seen this guy other day doing dumbell curls
    which looked like he was doing
    biceps
    forarms
    shoulders
    traps
    chest
    back
    lower back
    all in one he swining like crazy

how 'bout the fat guy that that benches like 225 twice, while he's being spotted, then walks around with his sleevs rolled up like he owns the place.. thos guys are the biggest jokes .. i can't stand when they show of there fatty arms and think there swole.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazwell
    how 'bout the fat guy that that benches like 225 twice, while he's being spotted, then walks around with his sleevs rolled up like he owns the place.. thos guys are the biggest jokes .. i can't stand when they show of there fatty arms and think there swole.
    your just jealous cause they can bench 225!!!!

LMAO
    what about the ones that put obvouisly bout 80 lb more than what they should be doing lmao
    and they have the spotter doing a back workout

Quote Originally Posted by _Tiger_
    your just jealous cause they can bench 225!!!!
    i know, sorry.. those lucky fat bastards, why can't i be cool like them.

Thread Information