Thread: Need some help

KunipshunFit is offline Lounge Lizard

Need some help

As some of you may know I was in a car accident about 2 weeks ago.

I have been to the chiropractor the lawyer (yes i finally got one) and next week i have to go to the nurologist(SPELLING). I have extremely bad headaches which the chiropractor say's is a result of the whiplash from the accident. ( I was hit from behind and pushed into a car in front of me).

My back has "soft tissue damage", "nerve and tendon stretching", and "double whiplash". Now I have to go to the neurologist (note the different spelling ) Anyway my questions are these.

1) I can not lift weights due to the other person's insurance and my obvious discomfort. I am gaining some weight back, actually I'm gaining the fat back. Before the accident I was 10% bf (for the first time ever!!!!) and now I have not been able to do cardio or lift for a little over 2 weeks. I checked my weight and body fat again because I was bored at work and i'm now up 4 pounds and the body fat is up to 12%. I'm getting pissed because I can not lift weights...Is it ok to do cardio or could this pose a risk for my case?

2) My diet is staying pretty clean, I have had to up the carbs back (*around 150g daily*) In what I feel is an effort to help the healing process and help me feel better! My question is, Can i still do the carb depletion I was doing before to help me stay lean!

My chiropractor say's i have about 3 months of treatment to correct the problems and have me back to normal. I know that this does not mean I can not lift weights for 3 months, but i am trying to keep my weight in check.

I am a person who gains the fat back around the waist and lower back and abs first....like most people... I can not do sit up's, crunches or any ab work right now due to the strain on my back, and Cardio well I'm going to "attempt that" tomorrow to see how it feels. Do I have any options besides clean diet and attempting cardio to keep my lean.

I gain weight easily and while I may be at 12% bf i feel I look more like 14-16%!!!!! I feel sloppy, like a bum and I actually think i'm depressed because I feel my lifestyle is being forced to change so drastically from this one accident which was not even my fault!!!

I'm trying to minimize gains of fatty deposits, and am looking for any help with this. Thanx in advance and I appreciate all help because I'm a bit confused as to how to proceed.

Kunipshun

PS...Ya know what sucks the most....I work at a World's Gym and have to watch people lift weights all day, see people getting ready for shows, then look in the mirror and see my ass getting fatter and fatter!!!!

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Bro I hear what your saying and I know it must be hard to not be able to work-out, but for any of us on this board to tell you what to do with your condition would be really ignorant.
    We're not Dr's. Your specific questions about what you can and cannot do can only be answered by your Dr.
    I wish you a fast recovery.
    Best of Luck!

M

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    We are not doctors so your best bet is to play safe and see what he/she has to say. And if i were you, i wouldn't work out, looks better in court. Your laywer should have told you that LOL Hope all goes well.

Mrs. T is offline Female Member
    Indeed, it would look really BAD in court for you to be working out. Just sit tight and get back to work after everything is settled. Your muscles and tendons will heal faster if you leave them alone, as hard as it is to do that. Several years ago I was in a car accident and I healed in HALF the time the doctor and the chiropractor predicted because I was in such good shape to begin with, so you probably will, too. I started working out LIGHTLY after about 3 weeks, but I wasn't going to court. Sit tight.
    Mrs. T
    "We can change the world when we change ourselves. And the energy of our consciousness, like the energy of all light, continues into the eternity. When there is light in the soul there will be beauty in the person. When there is beauty in the person there will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home there will order in the nation. When there is order in the nation there will be peace in the world."
    - Chinese Proverb

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    See what the doctor says about walking, I am not sure if I would attempt to do any running. Also, once the doc gives you an affirmative on any physical activity find out your lawyers opinion. I know the timing is bad with summer comming up but you will get through it. Rest for your injuries will be the best thing in the long run. Many people push things and end up with pain for life. You are young and in good shape so like Mrs. T said you will be back to full strength faster if you put in some good rest and communicate well with the doc.

KunipshunFit is offline Lounge Lizard
    Thanx for the comments guys! Chiropractor said I can do cardio as I feel up to it, Lawyer said not to...

So, looks like I'm not going to be doing anything for awhile...

Time to keep the diet clean as hell and hope I dont put on tooo much weight...There goes my summer!!!!

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Take the lawyers advice, it might slow your progress in the gym but it wont slow your prgress in the bank when it comes time to go to court.

Thread Information