Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 27 of 27

Thread: sleep paralysis

  1. #1
    lcpl kill is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    dirty south
    Posts
    282

    sleep paralysis

    just wondering if anyone else got this. its when yourwake up but your body hasnt turned your muscles back on yet, so your awake but you cant move i get it all the time is pretty f@#kin freaky.

  2. #2
    _Tiger_ is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    760
    My family are big investigators of paranormal phenomena, and waking paralasys is one of those things...it isnt as simple as "your body hasnt turned your muscles back on"...its actually quite interesting!

  3. #3
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    14,217
    ..Yes..and it sucks......
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  4. #4
    _Tiger_ is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    760
    Do you ever wake up paralysed and feel like theres someone in the room with you? its called a hypnagogic hallucination.

  5. #5
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Never woke up and couldn't move...........that would suck big time.

    ~SC~

  6. #6
    O.fO.shO is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    725
    somtimes i wake up and dont wanna move .

  7. #7
    BG's Avatar
    BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    19,321
    Quote Originally Posted by _Tiger_
    Do you ever wake up paralysed and feel like theres someone in the room with you? its called a hypnagogic hallucination.
    Yes fuc'n freaked out, was doing lots of rec drugs. I thought someone was pulling me out of bed, screamed like a bitch, my girl moved out the next day. Atleast some thing good came out of it, got my bed back to myself!!!

  8. #8
    _Tiger_ is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns101
    Yes fuc'n freaked out, was doing lots of rec drugs. I thought someone was pulling me out of bed, screamed like a bitch, my girl moved out the next day. Atleast some thing good came out of it, got my bed back to myself!!!
    Lmao...you know what, thats crazy because its known that the use of drugs often brings about certain types of strange phenomena like that. When I was heavily into drugs, my alarm would go off in the middle of the night, louder than it was set, and it would be this man SCREAMING, every time....crazy stuff

  9. #9
    guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,992
    Quote Originally Posted by lcpl kill
    just wondering if anyone else got this. its when yourwake up but your body hasnt turned your muscles back on yet, so your awake but you cant move i get it all the time is pretty f@#kin freaky.

    Is it when you fall asleep with yer head kinked and its like yer whole body fell asleep? KInda like when yer arm is up and falls asleep, just yer whole body gets numb like that.

  10. #10
    BG's Avatar
    BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    19,321
    One time my brother in law came home up stairs and set the alarm off in the middle of the night and my head shot up but my body wouldnt move, my girl still laughs about it, she got a kick out of it. I have problems being woke up quicly out of my sleep, and when I used to party I would sleep walk and when I would relize I was asleep I would pass out and collapse, fuc'd my shit up a few times, caught a talble once OUCH!!!

  11. #11
    _Tiger_ is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullsmasher
    Is it when you fall asleep with yer head kinked and its like yer whole body fell asleep? KInda like when yer arm is up and falls asleep, just yer whole body gets numb like that.
    no, its somewhat unexplained, there are theories about why it happens
    some say its a slight form of nacolepsy
    some say your hormones are still acting as if you were sleeping (because if they didnt sedate you, you would be tossing and throwing yourself all over the place)

    some say your astral projecting and you are not aware that your spirit has left the body...etc etc.

  12. #12
    _Tiger_ is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns101
    One time my brother in law came home up stairs and set the alarm off in the middle of the night and my head shot up but my body wouldnt move, my girl still laughs about it, she got a kick out of it. I have problems being woke up quicly out of my sleep, and when I used to party I would sleep walk and when I would relize I was asleep I would pass out and collapse, fuc'd my shit up a few times, caught a talble once OUCH!!!
    LMFAO!!!!!! your head shot up but your body wouldnt move...

    PRICELESS!!!!

  13. #13
    BG's Avatar
    BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    19,321
    Quote Originally Posted by _Tiger_
    LMFAO!!!!!! your head shot up but your body wouldnt move...

    PRICELESS!!!!
    You and my girl are on the same page, almost gave myself whip lash, she laughed for 15 min straight, like an hour later when we were sleeping again I would hear her giggle in her sleep , bitch!!!

  14. #14
    lcpl kill is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    dirty south
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by _Tiger_
    My family are big investigators of paranormal phenomena, and waking paralasys is one of those things...it isnt as simple as "your body hasnt turned your muscles back on"...its actually quite interesting!
    actually it is basically that simple. yes in some cases there is alot more behind it but in my case there isnt your body turns off your voluntary muscle function when you sleep so you dont act out your dreams and if your not tired enought to fall into a deep sleep you can wake up while you muslce function is still in sleep mode.it happens mostly when you go to sleep while your body is still very active like right after you work out, or when you take irregular naps in the middle of the day. it usually happens in your early teens so if you havnt experienced it by know chances are that you wont. some people get the feeling like someone is in the room with them like a demonic ora, other people get the feeling that there is someone sitting on their chest this goes way back to when people believed that there was an old demon hag who would come and sit on your chest in the middle of the night and suck the life out of you. however you cut it, it sucks ive had all three most commonly just not being able to move but being wide awake. you feel very weak and defenceless like a little biotch. some times its not that bad other times it seems like it lasts for hours.
    Last edited by lcpl kill; 08-06-2005 at 07:36 PM.

  15. #15
    _Tiger_ is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    760
    just that damn mental picture is hilarious! your like sprawled out under the covers, and the alarm goes off and your head shoots up, and your heads just turning this way and that, looking all confused and worried and shiet..lmao!

  16. #16
    BG's Avatar
    BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    19,321
    :
    Quote Originally Posted by _Tiger_
    just that damn mental picture is hilarious! your like sprawled out under the covers, and the alarm goes off and your head shoots up, and your heads just turning this way and that, looking all confused and worried and shiet..lmao!

  17. #17
    3Vandoo's Avatar
    3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Bandit County
    Posts
    4,249
    Actually the sleep paralysis is a trick of the brain. You are asleep, but in some part of the brain the cerebral activities of consciousness is 100%. And your imagination takes over, with something happening like the door opens, or you feel someone on you, you try to scream or move but you realize (brain) that you cannot move. This is simple, your body is asleep but not some parts of your brain, that are going full speed.

    This is also known as the night witch, sleeping witch, demon's night etc....

    when this happen, usually dont try to fight or move it just get worst, only think waking up waking up!

  18. #18
    Tazwell's Avatar
    Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    1,100

    i hear voices.. haha

    man, i swear it used to happen to me every time i took a nap in the middle of the day.. i would wake up but would be locked, but i was wide awake.. and yea, i heard voices of children, usually a boy and a girl.. it didn't sound like it was from my head.. i could hear them as they moved around me, from left of the room, to right, and then evetually right behind me.. sometimes it would go on for five minutes, i would get convinced that there had to be someone in the room cuz i was listening to freakin' conversations and shxt, but i would wake up and nothing would be there.

    but i know for a fact that it isn't paranormal.. sometimes i would hear people i recognized like my father or bro.. i would wake up and ask where my bro was.. my mom would be like; he's not home from practice yet.. so yea, just my mind playing tricks on me, probably from the crazy stress i used to get from mid-terms, projects, and papers back when i was in college..

  19. #19
    max2extreme's Avatar
    max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,982
    Quote Originally Posted by lcpl kill
    just wondering if anyone else got this. its when yourwake up but your body hasnt turned your muscles back on yet, so your awake but you cant move i get it all the time is pretty f@#kin freaky.

    YES!! I never could put it into words though. but it used to happen to me and i hated it! My dad used to wake up early like at 4am, and i would have him wake me up and i wouldnt go back to sleep because of it. this was over 10 years ago, but still, i hope it never happens again.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Steel City
    Posts
    955
    lol thats so funny this post is up....i had that this morning and i get it alot....

    like i got 2 get outta bed...and my legs dont work so i just fall strait to the ground....

    it happens sorda often to me actaully....i think its kinda funny

  21. #21
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    happened to me once and it was one of the most horrible experiences I have ever had(ironicly it was in a apartment that where defenetly haunted no clue if it had anything to do with it though). I hope it never ever happens again.

  22. #22
    Evil Predator's Avatar
    Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moncton
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by _Tiger_
    Lmao...you know what, thats crazy because its known that the use of drugs often brings about certain types of strange phenomena like that. When I was heavily into drugs, my alarm would go off in the middle of the night, louder than it was set, and it would be this man SCREAMING, every time....crazy stuff
    See, thats the thing..

    If the drugs "brought it out", then blame the drugs My aunt claims she saw aliens before too... She was doing mushrooms, dumb bitch.. Drug addicts see alot of stuff that isnt there...

  23. #23
    BG's Avatar
    BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    19,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Predator
    See, thats the thing..

    If the drugs "brought it out", then blame the drugs My aunt claims she saw aliens before too... She was doing mushrooms, dumb bitch.. Drug addicts see alot of stuff that isnt there...
    Good stuff

  24. #24
    HeavyHitter's Avatar
    HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,107
    Quote Originally Posted by lcpl kill
    just wondering if anyone else got this. its when yourwake up but your body hasnt turned your muscles back on yet, so your awake but you cant move i get it all the time is pretty f@#kin freaky.
    It happened a couple of times to me!! Its some scary shit... i have an article on it. I will try to post it if i find it!!

  25. #25
    _Tiger_ is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Predator
    See, thats the thing..

    If the drugs "brought it out", then blame the drugs My aunt claims she saw aliens before too... She was doing mushrooms, dumb bitch.. Drug addicts see alot of stuff that isnt there...
    I'm talking about Heroin..not "SHROOMZZZZZZ" BRO..


    I didnt have any other "Weird stuff" I experienced other than that. Do you think I woulda thought of these things before I posted them online? Doing things that bring your mind into a bad place mentally can definitely make bad things happen to the places you do them in, or where you live. These are things I experienced in a sober state of sleep, not high. Plus Heroin is a sedative/depressant, not hallucinogen. Thanks for the comment though


    Quote Originally Posted by Tazwell
    man, i swear it used to happen to me every time i took a nap in the middle of the day.. i would wake up but would be locked, but i was wide awake.. and yea, i heard voices of children, usually a boy and a girl.. it didn't sound like it was from my head.. i could hear them as they moved around me, from left of the room, to right, and then evetually right behind me.. sometimes it would go on for five minutes, i would get convinced that there had to be someone in the room cuz i was listening to freakin' conversations and shxt, but i would wake up and nothing would be there.
    Lol Tazwell that sounds pretty damn paranormal if I say so myself! thats way interesting

  26. #26
    Animal Cracker's Avatar
    Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Va Beach
    Posts
    3,658
    That crap happens about once a month for me...everytime it freaks me out. When I was a kid, my mother told me that it was Satan coming to get my ass because I was a bad boy...only I keep waking up before he can haul my butt off to hell!

  27. #27
    Bigen12's Avatar
    Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4,301
    It's happened to my brother several times, he'll wake up and go to get out of the bed, and his legs won't work and he falls to the ground.

    We called an ambulance the first couple of times, scared the shit out of him.

    They say it is also affected by stress.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •