GetPumped is offline Senior Member

Western Union problem that I need some help with

I went to the WU today to send some funds to China . I used a fake name, address, and telephone which I always do. The lady asked me if I wanted them to receive it in US dollars and I said yes (I never had them asked me that before but I just assumed so). So she began putting my info in the computer and then she asked me for my ID because the computer was telling her that she needed my ID (which has never happened to me before). I told her I didn't have it and I never had that problem before. I told her that I was only sending $500 and that it shouldn't ask for my ID so I told her to just refund me my money and I would come back when I had my ID on me. She gave me my money back and I left. I have sent money WU to Russia twice before and they didn't ask me for my ID. I know if you send over $1000 they will need your ID, but I was only sending $500. Do you bros know what the problem might be? Thanks bros.

trisdog is offline Associate Member
    you Should of asked for a supervisor or manager, I come across a lot of idiots that work at places and have no idea at all what they are doing and will talk out of thier asses.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    No..anytime you send $ to china or other "hot" countries they'll ask you for ID.
    She was just doing her job so you can either try and find a shady WU center or find another payment method.

Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    No..anytime you send $ to china or other "hot" countries they'll ask you for ID.
    She was just doing her job so you can either try and find a shady WU center or find another payment method.
    Ok, glad I got that straight. I figured it was something along the lines of that. I'll figure something out. Thanks guys.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    yep international must show ID no matter amount...

Quote Originally Posted by Deezuhl
    yep international must show ID no matter amount...
    I don't think that is true because I have sent money twice to Russia and I didn't need to show my ID. I think it is the "hot" spots like MBaraso said. I will try to send if he will let me send it to Russia or maybe another WU will let me do it without my ID.

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    In Germany you have to show an ID now whenever you send any WU transfer, period. It doesn't bother me because I always use my real name and address. I don't feel like ****ing around and losing 1000 Euro...

Edit: This is a new rule here, it started June 2005.

deuce-is-loose is offline Associate Member
    i sent 900 bucks today and i didnt get asked for ID, but when she called me by my fake name i didnt respond. She said the fake name like 4 times till it got my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by deuce-is-loose
    i sent 900 bucks today and i didnt get asked for ID, but when she called me by my fake name i didnt respond. She said the fake name like 4 times till it got my attention.
    Where did you send it to? International?

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    ive sent money to greece, no id not even a secret question.

skiing is offline Associate Member
    I would try another store and see if its the same. good luck and ski a great winter

mitch428cj is offline Member
    They never ask me for ID , Int. or not

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GetPumped
    I don't think that is true because I have sent money twice to Russia and I didn't need to show my ID. I think it is the "hot" spots like MBaraso said. I will try to send if he will let me send it to Russia or maybe another WU will let me do it without my ID.
    Because a clerk is incompetent doesnt mean its not true...

You must show ID when sending internationally its WU Policy..

Also, just a note individual store can refuse to cash or send any transfers without you having ID even if its stated no ID req and test question or the amt is 100. STore policy overrides WU's.. With that said when the store has no policy and they dont enforce WU's policy thats the loophole. They just want $$$ and dont care. Refer back to 9/11 and remember how these ARAB's were taught how to fly for 15k with no questions asked.. $$ talks here in America..good luck.

Ok guys I just talked to the guy and he said anytime you send money to China they will ask for your ID. I sent the money to Russia instead and they didn't ask me for my ID.

Thread Information