Big Rush is offline The Juice Man

Depo-Provara...Birthcontrol shot...?????

My g/f went to the doc the other day and he prescribed the Depo-Provara...Birthcontrol shot for her. He said she could get a friend in nursing school to do it or she could make another appointment to come in and have him do it. Well, of course she asked me to do it ...Anyway, I felt for her muscle, told her to rest her weight on the opposite side of injection, wiped the area with alcohol. Started talikng to her and just stuck it in and pushed. She didn't even feel it.

Now I have a few questions for any of you who might be familiar with this shot:

I shook it up vigorously like the directions said. When I put the needle on, I noticed about 1cc of air and about 1cc with the solution. Naturally, I got the air out and was careful not to spill a drop. Is this cool??? Did I do it right??? I useed the needle that came with it (1.5 inch 22'g). I stuck her in the glute as well and I know I got it in her muscle.

Help me out bro's and sista's...

Peace

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    sounds like you did it right bro. remember though, it takes three weeks for the shot to take effect, so, use caution until then. and it will cause weight gain and moods swings. use caution there also!

BK...don't tell me that bro...It's supossed to work immediately. Any one know anything croncrete on this drug???? Oh God, please help me!!!!

Oh thank God...you scared the sh*t outta me BK...lol

http://www.depo-provera.com/consumer...po/what_is.htm

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    The website says it takes effect immediately if the injection is taken within the first 5 days of the menstruation period, but I've heard different too. Just be careful.

They give it to them within 5 days of menstration just to make sure they aren't already pregnant...at least that's what the doc told her. I will definitely watch myself from here on out until I'm sure...anyone else know much about this???

jbrand is offline Member
    it supposedly works instantly if taken in the first few days of a womans' menstrual cycle, I am not sure to the specifics if taken off cycle. each injection is only good for three months or so I believe.

jbrand is offline Member
    i'm a moron. this apparently was already answered efficiently.

She got off her period maybe Mon. or so. Gave it to her Thurs.....

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    This is one situation where playing it safe is the right thing to do.

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    my mom is a nurse, so i am at her clinic quite a bit, and have gotten depot for my girl several times, and each time the doc has specifically stated that it will not be totally effective for 3 weeks. he is an obgyn.

Originally posted by bigkev
    my mom is a nurse, so i am at her clinic quite a bit, and have gotten depot for my girl several times, and each time the doc has specifically stated that it will not be totally effective for 3 weeks. he is an obgyn.
    Oh shit BK!!! That's bad, real bad ...thanks for the info. bro

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    Dude, just put one on to be safe until you know for sure bro...Kids are great, if you are ready for them

03733+$ is offline Associate Member
    HEY BRING UP MOOD SWINGS

THEY ARE HELL !!

BEWARE OF TREMENDOUS MOOD SWINGS THAT MIGHT TURN VIOLENT!

NOT TRING TO SCARE YOU JUST A PERSONAL WARNING !

WITH SOMETHING I HAVE EXPERIENCED!

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    My girl is going tomorrow for her first shot. Im going too.So i'll ask about how long to kick in. She wants me to inject her to. I said do the first one with the doc incase there she has any side effects.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Well the doc said it takes 24-48 hours to absorb. But he recomends useing other protection for the first month just to be safe. Good luck everyone
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    I'll second that opinion... IMO that is the worst drug ever invented for woman and I also have plenty of personal experience to back that up....

MOOD SWINGS!!!
    WEIGH GAINS!!!
    NOT TO MENTION A LACK OF INTEREST IN SEX!!!

My girl was on it for almost 2 years and it totally changed her... When we finally did some research she got off of it and was back to her normal self in a few months.. She switched over to the pill and everything is fine now...

Do some research on it before your girlfriend is on it to long... You'll find all kinds of side effects associated with Depo-Provara

Originally posted by 03733+$
    HEY BRING UP MOOD SWINGS

THEY ARE HELL !!

BEWARE OF TREMENDOUS MOOD SWINGS THAT MIGHT TURN VIOLENT!

NOT TRING TO SCARE YOU JUST A PERSONAL WARNING !

WITH SOMETHING I HAVE EXPERIENCED!

Originally posted by buff87
    I'll second that opinion... IMO that is the worst drug ever invented for woman and I also have plenty of personal experience to back that up....

MOOD SWINGS!!!
    WEIGH GAINS!!!
    NOT TO MENTION A LACK OF INTEREST IN SEX!!!

My girl was on it for almost 2 years and it totally changed her... When we finally did some research she got off of it and was back to her normal self in a few months.. She switched over to the pill and everything is fine now...

Do some research on it before your girlfriend is on it to long... You'll find all kinds of side effects associated with Depo-Provara

\

Damn...thanx Buff, I'll show her this post. BTW, is that you in your avatar??

Peace

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by buff87

Hey buff wasnt your girlfriend told not to go on it for so long? it can make a woman infertil (well thats what the doc said). My wife was on it for 2 and a bit years and after ceasing the injections her cycles never started up properly for 12 months. We were told its best to go on for 6 months and off for 3 months.Oh yeah i now have 2.5 kids and all of them were conceived in the 3 months off period lol..............HITMAN

Originally posted by Hitman
    .Oh yeah i now have 2.5 kids and all of them were conceived in the 3 months off period lol..............HITMAN
    huh ????

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Big Rush

huh ????
    ok Big what i was getting at is i have 2 kids now and i have 1 on the way and all of them were conceived in the 3 month break in between shots, hope this cleared it up........HITMAN

Beat Down Wrinkles is offline New Member

Unhappy Well

My girl took the shot within four days of her period and the doctor still told her to wait 3 weeks. If I were you, I would listen to bigkev on this one, better safe than sorry. As for mood swings and weight gain, I never noticed any weight gain in my girl but Christ, the mood swings were a freaking pain. Good luck fella.

Re: Well

Originally posted by Beat Down Wrinkles
    My girl took the shot within four days of her period and the doctor still told her to wait 3 weeks. If I were you, I would listen to bigkev on this one, better safe than sorry. As for mood swings and weight gain, I never noticed any weight gain in my girl but Christ, the mood swings were a freaking pain. Good luck fella.
    LOL...the shitty news just keeps a rollin' in...

Edges is offline New Member
    My wife's been on Depo for over 5 years, she LOVES it, she hasn't bled in years, very rare cramping, very few PMS symptoms... they say women have a tendency to gain weight on it but she hasn't gained an ounce. She's 27 5'7 114lbs. She was late in getting her shot once and we were told to use condoms for 3 weeks just to be sure it was effective, I'd be safe if I were you.

Thread Information