georgie24 is offline Member

O/T price check on a used bmw

it was a pretty damn nice day out there today, i figured to take the old crotch rocket out for a lil bit seeing that i havnt started it up in almost 2 weeks. as i was coming home from dutchess (doing a refeed ) i happen to pass this nice very spiffy black bmw at the dealership. so i do a complete u turn back and talk to the guy for a few minutes. the car is in great shape in and out no dents at all, power everything sunroof 6 cylinders and most importantly it was clean as hell. i was able to haggle him down a lil bit to 9500.00 (they where asking 10900) is 9500 a good price?
    heres the specs in a nut shell

1993 bmw 325is
    power everything
    6 cylinder
    moonroof
    86500 miles

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a good buy , over here you would pay 16g upwards for a 1990 upwards so go for it. How hard was it to get the price down? you might be able to squeeze him for a cd player or some awesome alloys or even your next cycle lol.........HITMAN

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Get it checked out by a good mechanic that SPECIALIZES IN BMW's. I sold my 1992 325is almost a year ago for 13,000. The low price smells fishy to me.

A_Nice is offline Associate Member
    That is my EXACT car lol...Same color and everything. Not selling it tho

bigwillster is offline Associate Member
    I would have the car checked out by a mechanic. I just sold my 98 528i and had to take ahuge loss on it because when I bought it I didn't have a mechanic check it out. The car had been wrecked and painted. i couldn't even tell. I sold it for $20,500 with 59,000 miles on it. good luck

bigwillster is offline Associate Member
    Oh, and don't rely on a carfax report. I looked it up and my car looks like it had no problems.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    go to kelly blue book. www.kbb.com

since it is a dealership see if they will warranty it until 100,000.

Good luck. Love them BMW's. Got a 2000 3 series coupe now, waiting for the new 5 series to come out the end of next year...

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Hmmm...it does seem a little low. The milage is pretty low to, maybe they pulled it down a bit, unless it's a known dealer. Did you check if it's been in accidents? Also could have been repainted and have some engine trouble. Double check this stuff for sure!!!

jbrand is offline Member
    I just signed today for a new 2002 325ci but the wait is a few months. I am trading in a 1999 323i and after bringing it to two BMW dealerships it doesn't look like I can get more than $17,000 for it (40,000 miles), I am not sure what the resale value would be though.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    go to www.kbb.com for resale. The two door is sweet looking. No body parts from the four door, all different. Longer, lower and wider. Back seats are just for show, but at least you can put them down for real big trunk space. Congrats. The wait for the production and boat ride over is a killer. I was on a message board where they showed you how you could actually figure out which ship you beemer was on and see its status as it came across the atlantic.

jbrand is offline Member
    Originally posted by scottp999
    go to www.kbb.com for resale. The two door is sweet looking. No body parts from the four door, all different. Longer, lower and wider. Back seats are just for show, but at least you can put them down for real big trunk space. Congrats. The wait for the production and boat ride over is a killer. I was on a message board where they showed you how you could actually figure out which ship you beemer was on and see its status as it came across the atlantic.
    Thanks alot bro, I'll check that site out. You are right as far as the wait being shitty, three days before signing I was on target for July, now it seems like August. It's weird how BMW waits for orders to be processed to stock these kind of demanded vehicles, while having 4-doors on hand for immediate purchase.

Thread Information