Thread: A bad day.

Iowa Boy is offline Associate Member

A bad day.

I've had a checkered past. I used to drink do what ever.. I loved coke. Over a year ago I had a real wake up, my third DUI. When I went to city court the charges were dropped. That was the last time I did any drugs. I gave up drinking over four months ago. Today I found out the State picked the DUI up as a felony. Looking at 4 months to two years.

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Damn, Sorry to hear. Perhaps there is a chance (there is always a chance) of not going to the pen. Keep your chin up.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I agree hope for the best, tell them you dont drink anymore , youve learnt your lesson. I gave up drinking a year ago for the same reason, well I didnt get caught but was driving drunk as hell, and would never rebound from a DWI charge, gotten so many ACOD's for assaults, the next fuc up no matter what Im going to jail. Good luck bro, fuc the drinking, keep me up dated.

Iowa Boy is offline Associate Member
    Thanks bros. No more drinking. Just work, gym, and try to get a family going.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    i got a dui 2 years ago. the worst day of my life. dude how could you get 3? dont they take your license after the 2nd?

How can they drop charges and then just pursue it like nothing happend? weird..

skiing is offline Associate Member
    They can pick up the charges because the statute of limitations has not passed yet. I would be preemptive and attend some drug and alcohol classes or meetings. You might even try doing some community service. Do you have a good job you might be able to get work release.

First thing contact the local bar association where you will be going to court. Tell them your situation and they will help you find the best attorney for the case make sure to get all of his background information. you need someone who has beaten a case similar to yours and someone with strong political ties in the community. I wish you the best. ski a great winter. BLC

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Boy
    I've had a checkered past. I used to drink do what ever.. I loved coke. Over a year ago I had a real wake up, my third DUI. When I went to city court the charges were dropped. That was the last time I did any drugs. I gave up drinking over four months ago. Today I found out the State picked the DUI up as a felony. Looking at 4 months to two years.
    Damn 3 DUI's that must have been expensive as hell. 1 is enough for me (knock on wood)
    best thing you can do is go to rehab/counseling, get documentation saying that you completed all parts of the program, and get a lawyer.

Thread Information