PaRiS2005 is offline Female Member

Question Who/what is YOUR inspiration?

I'm trying to motivate myself to start working out, eating right and everything again...but since the summer has come and almost gone, I've found myself extremely lathargic. The drive is there, but the determination is taking its sweet time! Am I alone in this??

I was just wondering what guy y'all started and got you where you are today.

Any help, ideas, and/or suggestions are welcome!! Thanks!

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    In red....
    Quote Originally Posted by PaRiS2005
    I'm trying to motivate myself to start working out, eating right and everything again...but since the summer has come and almost gone, I've found myself extremely lathargic. The drive is there, but the determination is taking its sweet time! Am I alone in this??
    Actually, I can't wait to train and I love eating, so motivation is always there for me. However, I see where you are coming from. I think I can give you some motivation....
    Set Halloween as your goal day. Get yourself a costume that reveals your belly and legs. There are always Halloween parties, so get yourself in shape for that night/ weekend.

I was just wondering what guy y'all started see profile and got you where you are today.
    What guy got me all started? I guess it was watching the Incredible Hulk as a kid. Lou Ferrigno use to scare the sh*t out of me. He was one of my first influences.
    Any help, ideas, and/or suggestions are welcome!! Thanks! See above

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Also, Arnold Scwarzenegger. The man is famous, and has gone from the best BBer in the world, to movie star. He married into big money and then became governor. Not the sharpest politician, but I don't live in Cali.
    His accomplishments and the fact that he is the BBing revolutionary renegade of funk, puts him on the top of my list.

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    He is a charismatic politician, the people in cali were fed up of the previous governors and want some savior and Arnold came in the right time just like Hitler after the WWI the Germans were frustrated by the restriction the allies made on Germany so they elected Hitler because they thought he might be a savior.

ultimo is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MilitiaGuy
    He is a charismatic politician, the people in cali were fed up of the previous governors and want some savior and Arnold came in the right time just like Hitler after the WWI the Germans were frustrated by the restriction the allies made on Germany so they elected Hitler because they thought he might be a savior.
    first time ive ever heard an arnold hitler comparison...

man you love putting a positive spin on things ;( j/k

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimo
    first time ive ever heard an arnold hitler comparison...

man you love putting a positive spin on things ;( j/k
    well in an interview Arnold said Hitler was an inspiration to him because he was nothing then he became a fuhrer

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    Paris, it may sound weird to do this, but my inspiration lies in pictures of ideal builds. Keep some on your comp of what you are looking to achieve and keep re-evaluating your goals. Progression pics of yourself is extremely important imo. looking back at some where I am in my best shape makes me drive harder at the gym. Its easier said than done, but does help with that one extra rep!

devil1 is offline Jacked Jarhead
    I agree justin, pics myself so i can see where i need work (usually around the midsection) is where i get my motivation

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Sane
    Paris, it may sound weird to do this, but my inspiration lies in pictures of ideal builds. Keep some on your comp of what you are looking to achieve and keep re-evaluating your goals. Progression pics of yourself is extremely important imo. looking back at some where I am in my best shape makes me drive harder at the gym. Its easier said than done, but does help with that one extra rep!
    I do the same, and what I also find really motivates me is a technique i started to use at the beginning of this summer. I always used to watch bodybuilding vids right b4 I went to the gym, like The Best of Flew Wheeler or some Ronnie stuff or even Cutler. But when I got to the gym after biking I had lost some of the motivation from those videos. So what I did was take all of the music/songs from those videos and put them on my Mp3 player, that way I associate the songs with the videos and I can almost play them in my head when Im working out, just close my eyes and it really motivates me.

Try that out.

-Bino

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    I just drag my ass into the gym! If I'm tired, so what? After a while it just becomes something you do similar to brushing your teeth or cooking a meal.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    I cannot explain my inspiration...I dont need an isnpiration its always been there...ever since i got a set of 2lb dumbells when i was 7...I fell in LOVE with the sport..its more like if I dont go...I actually get depressed and sad....thats how much i love th gym/eating/reading bout them anything related...

my advice 2 u : Is start going..wether u feel like it or not

and keep this in mind

"Your desire to change MUST be greater than your desire to stay the same. "
    ~SC~

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    My original motivation was beating anorexia.

My second motivation was natural, because I just got "hooked" on working out.

My third motivation came when I developed enough to the point where people said I should/could compete.

My 4th motivation came when I did my first show and won it all, and I knew I wanted to do more.

My 5th motivation came when I ruptured BOTH patellar tendons and had major surgery. Crying for days sitting in the hospital immobilized staring at my business cards with a picture of me on the beach I had just taken 2 weeks earlier in perfect condition. Took me over 2 years to get back to where I was.

My motivation now is myself. Today, my wife begins her school year teaching, my son is in 1st grade, I have to be up at 6:30 to get him ready and see the family "off", take my son to school, etc. So then it's back to my home office to run/operate Vizual X-Cellence while drinking coffee/crystal light/sugar free kool aid and eating healthy, as the junk food is officially out the window. I want to take new pictures months down the road, and it's time to get lean.
    I also have a major business proposal I am writing that will take me a good month or so to develop, have printed, organize into a presentation packet, and send off. It's a longshot, but I'm not going to just give up and not try.

The longest journey starts w/a single step, and today my first foot goes forward.

~SC~

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    Paris... this is a simple question, which we've already answered together.... your motivation is lookin your best for when I come up to visit!! hahahaha (not kiddin either)

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    MY motivations originally stemmed from me being so skinny that i looked malnurished. I will never let myself get back to looking anything close to the way i did then.............

decadbal is offline Banned
    i can see myself 55lbs from now.. big.. and competting...

Heracles74 is offline Senior Member
    My inspiration comes from my son and my girl.

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    Same thing for me... makes me always hit the gym hard!
    Quote Originally Posted by spound
    MY motivations originally stemmed from me being so skinny that i looked malnurished. I will never let myself get back to looking anything close to the way i did then.............

Thanks Guys. I love the advice of comparing yourself to what you are now to before...I'm gonna try that, and see where it gets me. ALong with just pushing my ass...like most of you said, thats the first step!

Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    My inspiration was being the strongest kid in school. But now its being the strongest at my gym I'm ranked 4th.

freakintraining is offline Associate Member
    my inspiration is that all my friends from H/S are all junkies and i dont want to follow...so know i train eat train eat own my own construction company bought a house at 20, married, and have 2 dogs

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    what inspired me to start lifting at a young age was arnold (the greatest) and lee haney.

finding myself, and realizing the great gifts that i've been given.

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    Arnold Scwarzenegger. for sure.

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    my two major motivations for next year:

i have two wedding to attend next year in NY (including two bachelor parties) where one will be in Vegas, but both will be packed with extremely hottt single women...............

already requested a month off from work since am also going to Europe to visit my family and catch up with some ballers from the neighborhood next year................there are plenty of hottt women in Europe....................

i think its self explanatory......................but what gets me going the most is my potential for competing since my body composition is already on that level with a few miner touch ups i am working on.................i decided to give it a go after all....................

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MilitiaGuy
    No offense, but how is this contributing to this thread in anyway? There is a politics forum for these kinds of posts.

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    My current inspiration is to be a major contributer on my team, since last season I was a non-contributer, lol. I just think about the frustration of last season and that keeps me going.

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    I didnt want to get depressed to the point of suicide when I looked in the mirror anymore.

Being obese can have serious effects on a persons confidence, well being, social life, and mental health. Now that ive seen major results over time, i could never go back to the way it was...

Its wierd to look in the mirror and smile. Not because Im anywhere near having the body I want yet, but because ive already changed it so much.
    Last edited by Evil Predator; 08-15-2005 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RussianVodka
    Arnold Scwarzenegger. for sure.
    I think he's like a God to you guys!! But I can see why. He's AMAZING!

Thread Information