HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member

Yo Armwrestler22.......

What up bruva...

I am interested in entering an armwrestling tourney on Aug 27th. Ive never done it Professionally, but im one of those husstler types that do it for alot of money at bars and parties. (you know, call out the 250lb meathead and bet im for a couple hundos... hahaha)

anyway, i was wondering how you prepare, or actually anything you do before an actual tourney?? Im a lil worried b/c i popped my tendon/ligament?? once and after every match I wake up not being able to move my arm. But i figured, fck it, you only live once!!

thanks alot bro for anything you can help me with!!

Anyone else with some helpful info... please jump in!!!

HH

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    PM Warrior about competing too.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    uhh..yeah and post them here plz

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Hey... try and e-mail Stump, he was going to do the Arnold last I talked to him... he loves to talk Arm Wrestling... he has won a lot of money in it - not sure if he got his pro qualification last year or not... I think he took up another gig overseas instead...

We had him running static holds on bicep curls up around 135 pounds getting him ready for a pro entry last year... but he will tell you it isn't all brawn either... he's a big fuker - and from all I know... all natural...

You can try and e-mail through the link in his profile I gave you... and you can break the ice and tell him I asked if he still goes too wide on his Close-Grip Benches... we argued about 20 mikes about that!

PM me if he gets back to you...

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Hey... try and e-mail Stump, he was going to do the Arnold last I talked to him... he loves to talk Arm Wrestling... he has won a lot of money in it - not sure if he got his pro qualification last year or not... I think he took up another gig overseas instead...

We had him running static holds on bicep curls up around 135 pounds getting him ready for a pro entry last year... but he will tell you it isn't all brawn either... he's a big fuker - and from all I know... all natural...

You can try and e-mail through the link in his profile I gave you... and you can break the ice and tell him I asked if he still goes too wide on his Close-Grip Benches... we argued about 20 mikes about that!

PM me if he gets back to you...
    thanks War!!

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Arm wrestling is the devil. Dont do it.

-Bino

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Watch Over the Top 10 times straight. Youll be psyched up enough to take on Bull Hurley.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    Arm wrestling is the devil. Dont do it.

-Bino
    why Bino??

Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    Watch Over the Top 10 times straight. Youll be psyched up enough to take on Bull Hurley.
    one of my oldie favs!! hahahaha

radar1234 is offline Member
    the guy on the left is world champion Allan Fisher.the guy had freakish power.watched him on TV before.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yo Armwrestler22.......-dscn0061-1wwc_2004.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyHitter
    why Bino??
    Well if you are doing it in a contest I guess it should be safe since your elbow is usually held still within an area. However, last yr a bunch of guys pushed and pushed and pushed me to armwrestle this other guy at University. I did it and since my elbow was moving side to side (minimal, but picture ur elbow on the table and slide it a lil back and forth with it still pressed on the table firmly) since your elbow is not supposed to move this way I damaged the ulnar nerve in my arm. This nerve runs down in between the two bones in your elbow. So the sheath the protects it can get worn away as the bone moves back and forth the wrong way, a lil too much pressure on a hard arm wrestle can damage the actual nerve. Nerve damage is a scary thing. Im not sayin its gonna happen to everyone, I was half joking in my first post. Just my experience and it screwed me up for a while. No workouts with arms. Still pains a little to this day.

-Bino

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Did you flip your hat backwards Bino? I heard that helps in arm wrestling. Its like a switch.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    Well if you are doing it in a contest I guess it should be safe since your elbow is usually held still within an area. However, last yr a bunch of guys pushed and pushed and pushed me to armwrestle this other guy at University. I did it and since my elbow was moving side to side (minimal, but picture ur elbow on the table and slide it a lil back and forth with it still pressed on the table firmly) since your elbow is not supposed to move this way I damaged the ulnar nerve in my arm. This nerve runs down in between the two bones in your elbow. So the sheath the protects it can get worn away as the bone moves back and forth the wrong way, a lil too much pressure on a hard arm wrestle can damage the actual nerve. Nerve damage is a scary thing. Im not sayin its gonna happen to everyone, I was half joking in my first post. Just my experience and it screwed me up for a while. No workouts with arms. Still pains a little to this day.

-Bino
    im actaully wit ya bro... ive already hurt myself doing this on my own. I know it sounds stupid to do now... but its just one of those things where ya gotta know.... ya know!!!

Did you flip your hat backwards Bino? I heard that helps in arm wrestling. Its like a switch.
    yeah.... its like you become... a truck!! hahaha

Dally is offline The Dally Lama

i know heavy flips the hat backwards for whopperwrestling.....

LOL. Ya man the hat always goes backwards when I mean business. But I make sure I do it really slowly.

And Heavy, go for it all the way man. Just be careful.

-Bino

whut up heavy, you said its a pro style tournament, so your using an arm wrestling table and not just going over a bar top, so now there is way more technique involved because you can use a sheeitload more weight leverage and height also becomes a factor. hopefully its a pro/am tourney or else the pros will anialate even the strongest of mortal men.the weight class you'll prolly be in is 171-200lbs, so as far as your stats go could deffinately be competitive. the best way to train is always against someone. if your lucky enough to have an armwrestling table, lock up with your buddy and practice going back and forth over and over again with about 60% of your full force, resisting as your opponent does the same back to you, but while still letting him take you all the way to a pin and then vise versa, for as many reps as you can do. also at the gym you can stand inbetween the cable machines like ur doing crossovers, but step closer to the side of the arm ur gunna work. have the cable pully at the top of the machine with the single hand grip attatchment, and grab that sheit like ur honking a semi truck horn, then pull it across ur body like ur doing an armwrestling movement and end just under your opposite pec to the hand yur working, go really heavy and do as many as you can try to atleast be able to get 6-10. this really simulates the armwrestling movement and works well. also those single hand gripping exercise thingies with the two handles work well for building grip stength. if this is your first tourney the most important technique and practice will be the start. i've seen many very strong armwrestlers get smoked right at the gun and and lose really quickly, and just stand there like wtf, cuz they have no idea how quick the others can pull of the gun. the start is always like this: after u or the refs get ur grip together they will say "ready" then a several second pause then "go" and u must be ready for this. so just lock up with a buddy wherever ur gunna practice and have a third guy just say Ready....GO! a bunch of times until u get to the point where u jump so hard after the G in go that your opponent doesnt even have time to react. also the over the top technique that stalone uses in that movie really works, try to get a higher grip on his hand then he has on urs, if you can, cuz if either of you dont like ur grip u can pull out b4 the start and get a new grip and if both of u bitch too much the refs will set ur grip in a neutral position for u. so if you cant get an over the top, high grip at the start, then slide the top of your hand up over his as soon as you hear the go and you'll have a huge advantage with leverage if your hand is higher then his. also many guys get into a position refered as "opened up", during a match where there forearm is being pulled into a losing position by the opponent and then they try to compensate by shiftin all their weight and body to the winning side of the table(when your head and body is at the winning position but your hand is at the losing position). u can get yur arm broken like this and you loose a lot of power. always make sure to keep your chin as close to you wrestling hand as possible. but if you touch the hands with your face or chin, ur DQ'ed. another thing, if your in a winning position and the guy is just hovering 2 inches above the losing pad but u cant get him al the way down. leans forward and shift yur face and chest well over yur wrestling hand and press all of your weight right on top of the hands without touching them, this will put them down and finish em off. but its hard to show techniques without pics, google armwrestling techniques and it'll show step by step shit. but the above tidbits will deff. have you performing a lot better then a newb that dont know sheeit at his first table.

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    interesting.........Alot of technique involved in this sport.

heavy hitter, hope thats helps u a lil bit, best of luck in the tourney bro.

AW22, that was extremely helpful brutha!! I just printed it out to take home and study hahaha!!

quck question... another way to get disqualified is if your elbow lifts up from the table, right?

Just to let everyone know.... I will be trying to attend the 26th anual LI Armwrestling championship saturday aug 26th at 71 Old Westbury Gardens, Old Westbury. starts at 1pm baby!!

PaRiS2005 is offline Female Member
    I'll be there!!

Just to let everyone know.... I will be trying to attend the 26th anual LI Armwrestling championship saturday aug 26th at 71 Old Westbury Gardens, Old Westbury. starts at 1pm baby!!

AW22, that was extremely helpful brutha!! I just printed it out to take home and study hahaha!!

quck question... another way to get disqualified is if your elbow lifts up from the table, right?
    about 80% of the time yes, but it is at the refs discretion. if your elbow moves up off the pad and them comes back into contact with the pad, and no progression towards acheiving a pin in your favor occurs then usually the match will still keep going. you can slide all the way from one side of the elbow pad to the other though as much as u want. also remember to grip high on the non wrestling hand grip post as it will increase leverage. one more thing u can try, this works great for me but its a little tricky to pull it off. you can actually use your legs and push off the poles of the table with them to increase the amount of force against your opponent. if ur right handed which it looks like u are in your avatar, you can pull your right leg up, like ur gunna touch your knee to your waist then move your foot out to the right like ur gunna kick the post that supports the table with the bottom of your right foot. you can then adjust ur body slightly by leaning to the winning side and pushing off the table really hard with ur foot in order to put a shitload more force to the winning side of the table. if you can learn this it can deff. help a lot. now go win that shit.

thanks again AW22!!! I will let you know how i do!!!!!

decadbal is offline Banned
    id teach you the game, but i retired after 5th grade, and dont feel the need to get back in.. i left to much on the mat u know...

Thread Information