Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
    mkv213 is offline Member

What is the stupidest shit you've seen at the gym lately?

What is the stupidest shit you've seen at the gym lately?

Today I was at the gym and this guy was doing lat pulls. Each rep he stands up about half way then falls back so his body weight and momentum pull the weight up. Then when the weights fall back down, they nearly yank him off his seat for his next rep. I was laughing and wanted to tell him he was wasting his time. I wanted to say what's the point. He wasn't using any muscle movement at all.

Another thing that get's me is when I see little 175lbs dudes walking around with their arms out and a big breath of air in their chest to look big. When you're big you look big and don't have to do that.

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Well since the place I workout right now is fairly small and seperated from the female gym I hardly see anyone so I don't see a whole lot of stupid shit. But when I workout in UM gym I see this one guy who is always grunting with every lift he is doing. He will be doing 50 pound leg extensions and grunt so loud you can hear him across the gym and this gym is big. Same with 135 pound bench presses. I mean c'mon now! It gets kind of stupid and annoying, but I'm use to him now

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mkv213
    Another thing that get's me is when I see little 175lbs dudes walking around with their arms out and a big breath of air in their chest to look big. Yes, and they have their imaginary lats spread out kinda deal.... I call this A.B.S., or Artificial Back Syndrome.
    Today, I was hitting chest, and there is only one decline bench. After I did incline db press and inc flyes, I headed over, to find a buck60 doing decline, like if it was an incline...... There were 2 incline benches open and this twig is declaring the decline w his 25 lb db fahg press.....And you don't want to seem like a dikk and tell the skinny guy to go and workout on the correct bench.....
    OOOOoooooooosssssahhhhhhhhh OOOOOooooooossssssssahhhhhhhhhhh

TDS
    TDS is offline Associate Member
    yesterday a gym supervisor was doing dips for his first exercise and was screaming his lungs out!

Tedbear981 is offline Member
    Kid who weighed about 140 using a curl bar with 45's on each side swinging it up with his back moving about 20 degrees each time....just waiting to hear a snap!

Youngbuckk is offline Associate Member
    Another thing that get's me is when I see little 175lbs dudes walking around with their arms out and a big breath of air in their chest to look big. When you're big you look big and don't have to do that.
    ya i see alot of newbes walk into the gym trying to look all swelled up, they do shity work outs for bought a week then you never see them again.

thejuiceisloose is offline Senior Member
    Guys bouncing the bar off their chest while doing any kind of bench, salsa dancing in the gym while doing curls, guys grunting loud when they cant even do their own weight on bench, guys who weigh for example 250 and grunting while benching 205 for 4 reps(boucing on off their chest), and just plain improper form, trying to go soo heavy that you dont have proper form

G-13 is offline Member
    some skinny fuker loading wayyy to much weight on the squat rack and then going down like 3-4 inches racking it and calling it a full squatwith a new pr..

Oh forgot this one... A guy weighing a buck 20, telling me that he'll get bigger than me in 1 month doing 1 rep of each exercise @ very heavy weight. Never saw that guy again after that day, maybe he broke something??

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thejuiceisloose
    salsa dancing in the gym while doing curls
    LMFAO^^^^^^Any type of dancing while working out should be outlawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sozey
    LMFAO^^^^^^Any type of dancing while working out should be outlawed.
    lol, yeah bro the way he was swinging his arms looks like he was either doing salsa or merengue dancing.

lfrisbee is offline Associate Member
    saw this little guy bout 5'4" or 5'5" MAYBE 130 at most... doing standing barbell curls with 35 plate on each side... i'm 6'4" 220 standing right next to him and i was doing 10reps with 25's on just slow and controlled... this kid looks like hes humping the air, i can hardly keep a straight face. Using his whole body to throw the weight up then grunting every rep... he did like 20 reps and throws it down all loud. The way he was doing it, he may have been lifting the weight MAYBE 3 inches through the entire range of motion.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    This dude wears sunglasses when working out. Fat, mid 40ish dude that transplanted to my place from a gym that closed down (Power House). Thinks he's big and strong but he sux. Has receeding hairline with a mullet. I watched his lifts and they are terrible. Can maybe bench 275lbs at 260+ of water and fat. Probably on juice but eats lucky charms and BK. I weigh much less than him (204) and I could probably out lift him on everything by at least 25%? I do 40 mins of cardio a day and lift for physique now, so if I was really bulking it would be worse. He talks to his group of transplanted losers a lot. I think he was joking about me one day when I was doing shoulders? I can't imagine why when he looks like that? I go to the gym for business, not social time.

Anyway, everybody has that guy at their gym....Hehe....

There also is a well known female BB that came from that gym. She basically looks like a short man now. I thought that shit was out and it went to fitness competition? Her hips even look like a man's now, they go straight down with no curve. Her arms and shoulder are huge. She always wears a baseball cap probably cuz her hair is all thinned out ontop? A true she-male... I feel bad for her since she has virilized so far but that was her choice.
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 08-17-2005 at 12:49 AM.

Blackfoot PT is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk

There also is a well known female BB that came from that gym. She basically looks like a short man now. I thought that shit was out and it went to fitness competition?

That is the funniest shit I've read today! "A short man" LOL. I could never figure out a good way to word it until now. There's this "short man" that works at a nutrition store in my area. Not sure I'll be able to go there with a straight face anymore.

Fozaldo is offline Associate Member
    I did see a guy doing dumb bell curls at my gym by literally uppercutting the weight and not using his biceps at all. You want to tell these people off so much but its just not worth it.

jesse_james is offline Member
    saw this fat bloated guy who abviously runs nothing but Anadrol under the squat rack. Had about 170kg on the bar and would literally bend down about 4 inches and come back up, he would then walk about the gym all psyched up as if he was the man. LOL

freakintraining is offline Associate Member
    just the ohter day i watched this out of shape guy who lifts with no form, go up to a chick and tell her how he is about to go on roids and gt all huge and cut....i laughed soo hard right there i had to go in the locker room

Zapp is offline Banned
    We have a guy at the gym after every set will stand up, look into the mirror and swing his arms for at least 10 minuites. On top of that, he wears the same workout cloths everyday.

STONES2 is offline Associate Member
    Some of this stuff is great to hear about, sometimes I 've even tried to be helpful and as humble as a man could be and try to give some help advice such as " I used to do it that way but have gotten better results doing it this way".

Thier mind are set, thy are correct an what do you know twice as big and three times better looking know it all.

This is why I spend all weekend working to pay for a personal trainer and am being taught to become a trainer in the future (great hopes anyway).

The Golds Gym where I used to train now seems like Wally World.

Quote Originally Posted by STONES2
    Some of this stuff is great to hear about, sometimes I 've even tried to be helpful and as humble as a man could be and try to give some help advice such as " I used to do it that way but have gotten better results doing it this way".

Thier mind are set, thy are correct an what do you know twice as big and three times better looking know it all.

This is why I spend all weekend working to pay for a personal trainer and am being taught to become a trainer in the future (great hopes anyway).

The Golds Gym where I used to train now seems like Wally World.

I could not agree more about offering help, people just dont want to know.
    Good luck with the trainer training dude.

beuleux is offline Banned
    i wad doing dbell decline press and dropping the weights to the floor at failure, this guy came and laid next to me to do crunches, lo and behold he got hit on the head with a dbell...lol.

mohawkman is offline Associate Member
    i saw a guy doing cleans and called it reverse grip curls , his buddy was working his calves on a leg press and called it cardio

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    My problems are with the story tellers.

"damn that is alot of weight but my 3rd cousin on my mothers side can do 20lbs more"

carmine09 is offline Associate Member
    i am suprised that this guy is not up here yet. There is this guy that when he does any type of bench his back comes about 12 inches off the bench, does about 2 reps per set and always asks for a spot.

Spyder is offline Member
    The guys at the gym that do nothing the whole time except stare at themselves in the mirror, i wonder what they hope to achieve with that lol.

speak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carmine09
    i am suprised that this guy is not up here yet. There is this guy that when he does any type of bench his back comes about 12 inches off the bench, does about 2 reps per set and always asks for a spot.
    oh yes, the guy who askes for a spot and is just wasting everyones time. There used to be this guy at my last gym who would always ask for a spot but I would end up doig 70% of the weight for him. I just started telling him I was injured and couldn't spot him.

Fjock is offline Associate Member
    The dumbest shit ive seen my gym owner at my college do at my school recently is have 10 tvs installed when a month or two ago he told me and my buddies that they couldnt afford to have dumbells heavier than 100 lbs.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Quote Originally Posted by carmine09
    The sad truth is that these days that is an acceptable bench rep Using the legs, arching of the back and lock outs are all part of todays benching. When I started out we would strap those guys down with a rope so they could learn to do it right. Now they are applauded for all of the crap technique.

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    old chinese man sit on my gymbag with his bare ass.

some tool drop a 110lbs dumbell on my neck.

Those are and always will be the stupidest things I have ever seen/witnessed at the gym.

AG5678 is offline Member
    When people are on the cell phone when they work out.

AG5678

oldandgrim is offline Associate Member
    Guys that work out every day and do high reps with no weight, then come across to you when your training and complain they cannot put any size on, Ask you how you do it, so you give them advice and the next day their asking some one else.

Nothing but arses

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Sane
    old chinese man sit on my gymbag with his bare ass.

some tool drop a 110lbs dumbell on my neck.

Those are and always will be the stupidest things I have ever seen/witnessed at the gym.
    LMAO about the Chinese dude. Quality

BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member
    "mr.workout" this is his nickname at my gym, he comes in for the past 2 years and does the SAME EXACT THING every other day...he will wlak in and go right to bench presses w/ no warm-up or stretching, 135 for some very crooked/uneven reps thenabout 2 more sets of that, he then runs to the pec dec and blasts out the fastest most dangerous reps w/ like 20lbs, then right over to the high cables where he looks like he is tryong to use a tirw pump or a car jack as he throws his whole body into his truceps press down, then to the dumbell rack where he grabs his 20lb db and does the craziest mommentum drivin tricep extensions you have ever seen, finaly those slasa dancing curl bar bicep curls OMG!!!! I mean this happens everytime to a tee w/ the same weight and shittty form and same order

blodget2000 is offline Junior Member
    the greater stupidity never view: talking and no traning

very stupid: to have a rest from ten mins between sets

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    Can't stand the skinny guys with the arms popped out and the chest puffed up. I feel like telling them "dude, there is nothing where your lats are. Nothing is holding your arms up"
    Also, I hate the Gym expert. Mr. "I weight 178 and can make you bigger than ronnie"

The grunters don't bug me, but the "I gotta tell you this story while you do your biggest bench press ever" people, I wanna kill. If I'm pushing weight, you shut up and help, or GET LOST!!!

Ohh yeah, then there is Mr. Natural. Don't care for his dirty looks either. I can crush him with my steroid ridden hands at anytime. I'm a Big juicer, and don't forget it.
    And the person I hate most.....
    The blackmailing Cop that gets all his roids for free.
    He'll get his.
    Don't you worry.

mizuno is offline Junior Member
    ive got more stories then time but ill give u a few. theres this 6'3'' arab guy maybe 130 who just walks around the gym lifts up his short every chance he gets acting like hes wiping his nose looking in the mirror swings his arms will sit his drink down next to a machine sit down then get out without doing a set and do the whole f-en routine over again. he was there for a hr at least yesterday and i never saw him lift a weight.

one more.

theres an older couple nice people guy def on juice and shes pretty hard too. but they will come in never seperate i mean joined at the hip work out for 30 mins leave the gym go sit in there car which no matter how many parking spaces are available is always the farthest one out. then come back in and do this same thing about 5 times a workout. still havent figured out waht they are doing.

KDRLINUS is offline Associate Member
    there is a guy who recently joined my gym who had tourettes and cant control his body movements...... i wont go near him beause i have seen him throw weight and drop them etc...... it absolutely stupid this guy is allowed near weights and its dangerous for all of us.... no offense to him but the management really dropped the ball this time.......

smiler is offline Senior Member
    dude that i kinda know (not from the gym) comes in does a couple sets of bench...talks to a chick walking on the treadmill...sees me and asks "damn bro are you out of shape that bad or do you always sweat like a pig" ...yes i was drenched, it was a cardio day and i had been on the stairstepper for 45mins...hard paced. i was running on it when he asked...lol he has to be 28% bf. funny thing the chick he kept talking to couldn't stop checkn me in the mirror. she knew how hard i been workn. actually i appreciate these idiots...makes me look even better...if thats possible lol

mkv213 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blodget2000
    the greater stupidity never view: talking and no traning

very stupid: to have a rest from ten mins between sets
    AARRRGGG! That annoys me so fvckin much. Guys come in and sit there on a piece of equipment and talk the whole fvcking time. I asked this guy the other day ..."are you just going to talk or you going to use that machine"? He's like oh sorry man, here you go. Ever notice it's always the older guys who like to stand around a talk? Waiting 10min between sets.

I'm in, do my shit and I'm out. I don't have shit to say to anybody. I wear headphones usually so I don't have to hear their stupid shit.

Another thing that I hate is seeing a guy go from bench, to curls, to military presses, to rows. I'm like dude, you going to train your whole fvckin body in one day? Only time I do that is if I'm just off from taking a few week break and I want to get past the soreness. But I only do one set of each. These guys do this everyday.

smiler is offline Senior Member
    AARRRGGG! That annoys me so fvckin much. Guys come in and sit there on a piece of equipment and talk the whole fvcking time. I asked this guy the other day ..."are you just going to talk or you going to use that machine"? He's like oh sorry man, here you go. Ever notice it's always the older guys who like to stand around a talk? Waiting 10min between sets.

I'm in, do my shit and I'm out. I don't have shit to say to anybody. I wear headphones usually so I don't have to hear their stupid shit.

Another thing that I hate is seeing a guy go from bench, to curls, to military presses, to rows. I'm like dude, you going to train your whole fvckin body in one day? Only time I do that is if I'm just off from taking a few week break and I want to get past the soreness. But I only do one set of each. These guys do this everyday.
    easy with the old guy crap...i'm damn near 40 and i out work everyone in my gym by a long shot...you will never find this old fart standing around talking in the gym

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information