Thread: question?

kia
    kia is offline New Member

question?

i smoke about 15to20 sigaretts a day. Does smoking effect your training that much? Cause iam about to do a cycle,so i want to now if ill get alot more progress if i dont smoke?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'm seriously amazed that you even have to ask such a question.

Really! It's common knowledge what cigarettes do to your lungs, circulation, stamina, etc., so it's quite simple to see how it would affect one in a fitness endeavor.

That's not clear?

~SC~

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    If you quit you should be able to gain more weight also. My friend quit and now eats a lot better and has made much quicker gains.

-Bino

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I'm seriously amazed that you even have to ask such a question.

~SC~
    me to....

GeeOweDee is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kia
    i smoke about 15to20 sigaretts a day. Does smoking effect your training that much? Cause iam about to do a cycle,so i want to now if ill get alot more progress if i dont smoke?

LoL Seriously fitness and smoking dont mix good together thats like a tuna & jelly sandwich dont mix

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    I used to smoke up to 100 cigs a day.....that was the max..avg was bout 40-60 ED deff noticed major improvements 100% and more...so yeah

"QUIT THAT SHIT"

my partner smokes alot he is swole as hell,but I would not ever do that to my self just nasty (cigareetes)

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    I used to smoke up to 100 cigs a day.....that was the max..avg was bout 40-60 ED deff noticed major improvements 100% and more...so yeah
    100 cigs a day? That's 4 packs! WTF?! Did you smoke 2 at a time?

Quote Originally Posted by ReX357
    100 cigs a day? That's 4 packs! WTF?! Did you smoke 2 at a time?
    haha..no man..Id smoke one then lite the next one with the cig I had in my hand...Bad habit...I used to smoke eveywhere..I used to use my rest time between sets..to go out and smoke a quick 1 !!!..Used to drink 1st thing in the morning b4 I even opened my eyes...then @ college...In class too..Used to smoke b4 , during and after sex ..Damn..No more Cigarettes for this freak

And btw..100 cigs are 5 packs...lucky strike and marlboro both have 20 per pack

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    haha..no man..Id smoke one then lite the next one with the cig I had in my hand...Bad habit...I used to smoke eveywhere..I used to use my rest time between sets..to go out and smoke a quick 1 !!!..Used to drink 1st thing in the morning b4 I even opened my eyes...then @ college...In class too..Used to smoke b4 , during and after sex ..Damn..No more Cigarettes for this freak

Wow! And did you stop all at once? Or you had to use patches and shit?

Quote Originally Posted by ReX357
    Wow! And did you stop all at once? Or you had to use patches and shit?
    cant afford patches and gum

I quit for 3 months..then I had a blow out....Drinking..smoking..Fighting Stayed for a month then I quit for a week..Then I went back...This time...smoking like crazy..Id smoke cigars like they were cigarettes..Inhaling 10-15 ED along with my cigs...then I had the worst cold I had ever gotten and had some cigs left and I said to myself this has go to stop.If U wanna smoke..fine smoke them all now..I smoked the last 6..as fast as I could.....Yeah I got worse and my throat hurt like hell...but @least I quit for good now.,..and feeling.. wayyyyyy better...I never got that whole quit gradually thing never worked for me..

Im 18 btw..started smoking around 15...and drinking @ 10...So i was really addicted to that shit....not good and if you do smoke...QUIT

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer

Nasty mother fuc'r!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns101
    Nasty mother fuc'r!!!!!!
    ..... JK

not anymore...so its kool

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    dam iron that is almost unbelievable. im glad you kicked it

PaRiS2005 is offline Female Member
    So is THAT why they call you iron freak?

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    100 cigs a day is insane. IFX, you must of gone to bed and woken up smoking.
    Glad you quit though.

bigbadbootydaddy is offline Associate Member

Na it won't effect *cough* you *cough* at all. In fact you *cough* should increase *cough* the number *cough* of smokes you *cough* have in a day because*cough* 15 - 20 isn't enough

Raven8264 is offline Junior Member
    I quit smoking a few weeks back. I'll be honest, quitting doesn't seem to affect weight-training at all. I thought I was doing pretty well with my cardio, but the change after quitting has been HUGE. I was doing the elliptical trainer for 30min and could barely breathe when I was done before. In just 3 weeks my lungs have improved to the point I'm going 45-50min (not more than that for muscle-loss) and I feel GREAT when I'm done. I'm also able to run at 7mph on the treadmill for 25min now. Before I could barely do 15.

Again, not much diff for weights, but your sense of well-being and fitness level will be dramatically increase after a couple of weeks.

chest6 is offline Banned
    I would smoke double...
    I would smoke about 40-50 cigs a day it will help with your cycle

sorry to flame but cmonn

Thread Information