Thread: back to uni

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

back to uni

tomorrow university begin again. Quantum physics and EM fields is the first 2 courses. Glad they dont begin with that linera algebra shit that I hate Gonna be fun to do something meaningfull against and not just waste time with a crap job wiping old ****ers in the ass and changing dipers.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    I didn't like linear algebra either.

Study hard bro!! No hard work goes unnoticed.

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    I was a math , programming nerd in college during my computer sciences studies but now I am studying politics 1 month and my uni begin , I will take the" diplomacy & negociations" course this semester I hope its not cold like the courses in the previous semester.

true mbh this year I will put some damn good effort into my studies. Not half ass through it like I did fall 2003/spring 2004. Time to start building my future

I kind of like calculus. But linear algebra I truly hate. Not that I think its harder, its just so damn messy!

Unoid is offline Member
    Physics seems like a cool major.
    If I didn't want to be an investment banker (Math and econ double major) I woulda like doding that, but also taking a Minor in finance, and nearly aminor in Pol sci lol.

Liquidred is offline Associate Member
    i hate math...thats why im law student.....i just need to know who owes me money and who i owe and i can do that on a calculator

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Quantum physics?! You must be very intelligent bro. What do you want in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGuy
    Quantum physics?! You must be very intelligent bro. What do you want in the future?

yeah Im the next einstein

In the future I want to get a phd in physics(not sure what field of it). I want to be involved in space flight. Theoretical propulsion development or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    yeah Im the next einstein

In the future I want to get a phd in physics(not sure what field of it). I want to be involved in space flight. Theoretical propulsion development or something like that.
    Wow! Now that would be intresting! I take it you like abit of Star Trek then?

Wow! Now that would be intresting! I take it you like abit of Star Trek then?
    hell yeah star trek, babylon 5, sci fi books. Love it. Was damn near raised on that stuff

hell yeah star trek, babylon 5, sci fi books. Love it. Was damn near raised on that stuff
    So was i.... Which was the best Star Trek film then in your opinion?

hmm thats a damn tricky question. Search for spock is a favorite. The one where they meet some kind of demi god is interesting aswell but only because its one of the first trek movies I saw

The WORST one is when the travel back in time by going around the sun!!
    The first movie is a classic lol

I kind of like the newest one aswell with the next generation crew. Was its name nemesis maby? The best tv series was the next generation.

Have you seen the babylon 5 movies?

hmm thats a damn tricky question. Search for spock is a favorite. The one where they meet some kind of demi god is interesting aswell but only because its one of the first trek movies I saw

The WORST one is when the travel back in time by going around the sun!!
    The first movie is a classic lol

I kind of like the newest one aswell with the next generation crew. Was its name nemesis maby? The best tv series was the next generation.

Have you seen the babylon 5 movies?
    I hate Search for Spock Too boring for me. That one your on about is the fourth one... I thought it was pretty good!
    Nemesis is one of my favourite, so is the 2nd one, The Wrath of Khan. I use to like The Next Generation, but watching it now, the special effects are so naff!

I havent seen any Babylon 5 films. Are they any good?

damn trekies

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    I like KAHN KHAN KHAN(echoe)
    Anyway, I start up on Tuesday. Funny me being a religious studies grad student and being an agnostic <-----irony
    Btw, johan, I got the name of that book for you in the thread you posted about your favorite new book.

I hate Search for Spock Too boring for me. That one your on about is the fourth one... I thought it was pretty good!
    Nemesis is one of my favourite, so is the 2nd one, The Wrath of Khan. I use to like The Next Generation, but watching it now, the special effects are so naff!

I havent seen any Babylon 5 films. Are they any good?
    yeah ll of the b5 movies I have seen was very good. Especialy the one about the war betwen the humans and the....uhhhh.....**** what the hell was that race called. Those smart muther****ers, one of them marry sheridan in the later seasons!
    The star trek movie where the enterprise crew is suposed to look over a peace meating and someone sabotage it and blaim it on kirks hatred for the klingons.

Damn star trek is just about the only real sci-fi there is almost all else is just sci-fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sozey
    I like KAHN KHAN KHAN(echoe)
    Anyway, I start up on Tuesday. Funny me being a religious studies grad student and being an agnostic <-----irony
    Btw, johan, I got the name of that book for you in the thread you posted about your favorite new book.
    lol why did you choose to study religion?

Il check that book out hopefully it can be found in sweden.

lol why did you choose to study religion?

Il check that book out hopefully it can be found in sweden.
    Well, I was raised in a strict Catholic upbringing and thought it would be interesting to study. I am far from any religion now. I'm more spiritual than religious.
    Anyway, the constant indoctrination of things like transsubstantiation and the trinity (to name a couple), did not go well when the "cloud" had been lifted. I gues I acquired logic along the way.
    Since I attend a public university, there is no specific religion. You can basically study about almost every religion, and topics related to it (Sex and religion; Death and Dying; Behind the Da Vinci Code, etc.)
    So, it is very interesting, b/c religion encompasses history, art, and murder/ death.

I find religion so touchy, that I have yet to enter the P/R/W forum.

Sorry for my rant, buddy

I would describe myself as ecclectic.

samoth is offline Member
    tomorrow university begin again. Quantum physics and EM fields is the first 2 courses. Glad they dont begin with that linera algebra shit that I hate Gonna be fun to do something meaningfull against and not just waste time with a crap job wiping old ****ers in the ass and changing dipers.

What text are you using for QM? Griffiths' QM and CEM texts are both pretty well written, as is Jackson's CEM, though a tad more advanced.

But how can you not like linear algebra, lol? Everything in this genre is based on it, as are DE's and tensor calculus. Then again, I abhored it when I first took it too, but I didn't know how deep the subject went or how it was connected to everything else.

We are using Modern Physics 4th edition by P.A Tipler and R.A Llewellyn

I guess I need to know exactly what I need the linear algebra for before I can put my mind into it fully. But I am starting to realise how important it is now when Im getting into the EM field and quantum physics courses.

I havent gotten into tensor calculus yet and Im not sure what DE is btw?

Thread Information