If Your Sick Of The Gas Prices,read This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by the summer. Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May!

The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.75 for regular unleaded in my town.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50-$1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace.... not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas!

And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON"T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't wimp (sic) out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!! Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people and DON"T purchase ANY gasoline from EXXON and MOBIL. That's all.

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    dont think it will work.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm going to start riding the bus to work. They use CNG to fuel thier rides. They still need oil for lube though. Don't know how much impact it will have. If we all road bikes like in most of south east Asia, maybe that would make an impact.

mass junkie is offline banned
    buy a scooter... 50 mpg

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I use Chevron myself, so I'm already doin' my part I guess?

~SC~

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I use Chevron myself, so I'm already doin' my part I guess?

~SC~

Ditto lol

WildCh1ld is offline Banned
    I use 76 and it cost's me about $75.00 to $80.00 to fill up my truck, to make matter's worst my trucks lifted so it sucks even more gas then a regular stock truck.

But luckily I have a Honda Crx which is about $20.00 to fill up....

BlInDsIdE is offline "ARs Most Dangerous Member"
    u know the reason y our gas prices are so high is because for the past like 50+ yrs we've been the worlds largest consumer of oil by far, but in the last 10 yrs especially the last few japan and china have increased the number of cars they have at an astounding rate. Because of this huge huge increase in demand for fuel over in Asia there are now 2 markets for the fuel and OPEC sells so instead of them selling almost all of their oil to us, its now being split up making ours steadily more expensive

chest6 is offline Banned
    it could work a lil but not thaattt much

oh well, we dont know if we dont try, I'm gonna do it.

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    i have a bike right now. Fuk paying that for gas. I'd rather get roids.

Lostsoul is offline Associate Member
    another thing is that Oil might be running out in the near future, this may be why OPEC arent increasing their output, but keeping it at levels like they have over the last 5 yrs, more demand less supply makes higher prices... and like blindside said, there are a lot more markets these days....

rixyroids is offline Associate Member
    how much do you guys pay for a litre/gallon of petrol (gas)

over here it costs us £0.92/ litre, thats £3.68/gallon

thats the equivalent to american $6.70 or thereabouts per gallon?!?!

Mizfit is offline Banned
    my car needs gas.. i gotta buy it:P

Lostsoul is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rixyroids
    how much do you guys pay for a litre/gallon of petrol (gas)

over here it costs us £0.92/ litre, thats £3.68/gallon

thats the equivalent to american $6.70 or thereabouts per gallon?!?!
    Here in Australia $1.35/litre or so... but it varies everyday.

But 0.92p a litre is HEAPS, I'm looking to move over to the UK in the next 6 months... but I'm not looking to drive though haha.

I wish I was in an area where I could ride a bicycle to where I needed to go, but everything is too far away from me, and the roads are much too busy.

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    i'm just going to get a streetbike. problem solved for me, until i get some hospital bills from going down. good thing for medical insurance

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Im glad I dont own a car and never will(not one run on gas atleast)

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Im glad I dont own a car and never will(not one run on gas atleast)

wtf? Not drive a car Can anyone imagine this? We need to quit bs ing and take what we need, F the rest of the world. They are just rapeing us.

Quote Originally Posted by goodcents
    wtf? Not drive a car Can anyone imagine this? We need to quit bs ing and take what we need, F the rest of the world. They are just rapeing us.

I manage with my bicycle and the busses. Why would anyone now buy a vechile run on a fuel that soon will be insanely expensive

I cant se anyone not having a family and not living outside of a city even needing a car.

Better wait until the hydrogen fuel cells hits the market or the ethanol cars maby.

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    [QUOTE=johan]I manage with my bicycle and the busses. Why would anyone now buy a vechile run on a fuel that soon will be insanely expensive

You should see our bus system, It's full of muggers, crack addicts and rappist.( and that's on a good day) Still say f*ck the rest of the world when it comes to us.I'm not riding a fuking bike 25 miles to the store holding 2 baskets of towels in 106 degree heat

Quote Originally Posted by goodcents
    You should see our bus system, It's full of muggers, crack addicts and rappist.( and that's on a good day) Still say f*ck the rest of the world when it comes to us.I'm not riding a fuking bike 25 miles to the store holding 2 baskets of towels in 106 degree heat
    you will when the gas price has dubbled/trippled from what it is now

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    gas price will go down in 3-5 years we'll see 1.20 a gallon once again
    and they will go up again and ever again and this cycle will go up

Thread Information