Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member

WOOHOO finally got some stick time

so i've been taking ground school for the past few weeks and had the opportunity to go x country today. a friend rented a cherokee 180 to fly about 180 miles for business rented an instructor and i got to go along. got a couple hours of stick time and im hella pumped.....been flying since i was a kid but am just now actually starting the process of getting my private certification....i'd flown before but never 100% in comand it was pretty sweet. any private pilots on the boards?

king6 is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah, sort of. I have all the hours just never took the test. Too damn expensive. I even have all the instrument time as well, including sim time. Back in the day when I was in the Marines, I use to get to fly the C-130's when the pilots where too hungover to fly. As a matter of fact the whole crew was hungover. Since I was under 21 and the lowest ranking, I had to be the DD.

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by king6
    Yeah, sort of. I have all the hours just never took the test. Too damn expensive. I even have all the instrument time as well, including sim time. Back in the day when I was in the Marines, I use to get to fly the C-130's when the pilots where too hungover to fly. As a matter of fact the whole crew was hungover. Since I was under 21 and the lowest ranking, I had to be the DD.
    will the hours stay with you for many years, or will they be void within a certain time period?

Quote Originally Posted by Timm1704
    will the hours stay with you for many years, or will they be void within a certain time period?
    Not sure honostly. My hours are pretty recent. But you do have like 6 months to take the test, then you have to go with an instructor again.

hours are hours regardless of time period atleast towards ur total hours that is

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    how much is the test?

Quote Originally Posted by Timm1704
    how much is the test?
    About 3 grand total. That is from start to finish. By that I mean the pilot licence. From your first flight to the day you get certified it's about 3 grand.

chest6 is offline Banned
    stick time wut r u talking about

tell me on aim bitch

Gearhead007 is offline Associate Member
    Last edited by Gearhead007; 09-27-2007 at 02:22 PM.

average price for a private license right now is 5-6 thousand. thats estimates from about 5 different flight schools.....thats with a 172 wet and an instructor....shit aint cheap

Gearhead007 is offline Associate Member
    Last edited by Gearhead007; 09-27-2007 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead007
    Stay away from the name brand "puppy mills", and you can do a lot better. Go check out the good 'old boys at the local FBO, and they can get you fixed up a lot cheaper. If you are just going after a private... Do as much as possible in a 150. The price difference adds up really quick.

There is absolutely NO point in going to a place like Riddle, American Flyers, or ANY of the national flight schools if the private is what you want. You are dropping an extra 1500 just for the name. This "can" come in handy for a resume if you want to go commercial. But a CMEI ticket can run upwards of 40k from one of these places also.
    flying out of the airport back in my hometown was 5500$ flying out of xxx regional where im at now is about 6000$ the hometown airport isnt a national school its just a local deal small airport its not even controled so i figured the average to be about that. but thats also cuz they dont have 150's smallest they got is like a cherokee 140 and a 172 for flight school...so that might explain some.

Thread Information