Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

got good genetics?

Do you have good genetics(for bodybuilding that is)??

Im begining to suspect I have some of the worst genetics in the world flat muscle bellies, insanely hard time losing fat, metabolism slower then a 90 year old beed ridden old lady, tiny joints. I only look like I workout when I flex. When I dont flex Im flat and small.

The only good thing I have going for me is the fact that I dont lose strenght when cutting and a decent strenght/weight ratio. Thats about it

If it was all about survivial in the wild I guess I would have the perfect body but it sure as hell aint made for weightlifting

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Your on my wavelength Johan! I have always felt i have some shvt genetics. I work my ass off, pratically live in the gym, eat strictly, and guys who do half as much as me seem to have a better body than me.

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    I think everyone thinks their genetics sucks.. Most people see themselves differently than other people see them, or so ive learned...

Mizfit is offline Banned
    im told i have good genetics.. i eat alot of shit and i still look pretty good..

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    i'd say i put on muscularity really fast, and can chance my body comp. really quickly too, and have pretty good bone structure and all that for bbing.

on the other hand, i don't think i have good biomechanical structure for the big lifts. anyone wanna trade? i have no interest in bbing, i wanna be a pler.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    im told i have good genetics.. i eat alot of shit and i still look pretty good..
    Thats what winds me up. I still like you though... I know guys who eat McDonalds shvt and crap all the time and they have a six pack, etc. I work my butt off and cant see a 1 pack.

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGuy
    Your on my wavelength Johan! I have always felt i have some shvt genetics. I work my ass off, pratically live in the gym, eat strictly, and guys who do half as much as me seem to have a better body than me.
    sux doesnt it

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Wasn't always like this though.. when i was younger i was chubby.. then one day everything feel into place...

Thats what winds me up. I still like you though... I know guys who eat McDonalds shvt and crap all the time and they have a six pack, etc. I work my butt off and cant see a 1 pack.

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    i inherited all my dads finest qualities - small legs - tiny calves, wonky knees, and a miraculous ability to store all my fat in only one place - my belly

cheers Dad

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    screw genetics, Make your own.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    As far as shredding fat and cutting up, I havent really met anyone that can do it more easily than me. But when it comes to bulking it doesnt come so easily for me. Nobody is happy with what they got, they always want what they cant have.

I just reminded myself of the second advantage to my metabolism. I never have to eat much so food bill aint high

chest6 is offline Banned
    I seem to be able to gain weight/muscle mass pretty easily but as Prince Myshkin said..Im too tall to be a good plifter..which is my focus right now even tho its harder to gain strength than someone like 5' 9"

Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    As far as shredding fat and cutting up, I havent really met anyone that can do it more easily than me. But when it comes to bulking it doesnt come so easily for me. Nobody is happy with what they got, they always want what they cant have.
    I wish i had those genetics. I have fat on my ab/chest region that wont fuvking budge! When cutting the rest of me would look like skeletor but i wud still look flabby on my front.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    I wish i had those genetics.
    Yeah, and I wish I had yours........

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    I wish i had those genetics. I have fat on my ab/chest region that wont fuvking budge! When cutting the rest of me would look like skeletor but i wud still look flabby on my front.

oh yeah - welcome to my world

Captain_test is offline Associate Member
    I've got Viking genetics. I have great genetics for building. All the guys in my family are huge blonde dudes.

j martini is offline Member
    I would say my genetics are good. I get lean very easy, dont gain bodyfat very quickly. Have small joints and full muscle bellies and very good recuperation between workouts.
    You soon realise if you have good genetics are not when you look at people who are doing everything right yet grow at only a fraction at the rate you do.

SHAOKAHN is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    screw genetics, Make your own.

I agree with this statement with everything I've ever saw, heard, learned and the kitchen sink.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAOKAHN
    I agree with this statement with everything I've ever saw, heard, learned and the kitchen sink.

no ammount of food, willpower, juice and discipline can turn a regular joe into arnold without genetics. Not that anyone should admit to defeat but beeing realistic is important aswell

I'm catching what your throwing J(yo), I've got friends that do half of what I do diet/workout wise, party, smoke, eat like sh*t, etc.. and still put on weight and vacularity like nothing else... while I'm making more sacrifices than a pro b-builder and getting half the gains.
    But thats not the point... "It's all about how bad you want it"...my agreement with abstract is the direct result of that, I've already went way past what I'm supposed to genetically and there is no stopping any future gains because "I'll go through no matter what".

Quote Originally Posted by SHAOKAHN
    "I'll go through no matter what".

my old lifting buddy and best friend has like the best genetics imaginable. My goal has always been and will always be to beat that muther****er no matter what it takes!! Not that I think I realisticly ever will but Il damn well try.

Captain_test is offline Associate Member
    It definitely seems "unfair" as far as genetics go. I have always "Looked like I worked out" even when I was a young kid. I have some friends who probably know more than me about bodybuilding who were absolute twigs before AAS. I have a black buddy who is probably bigger than most people on this site, he works out sometimes, dont get me wrong, but he is not dedicated, and he eats about 2000 calories a day if he's lucky. It's pretty crazy how genetics play a role like that.

Quote Originally Posted by johan

my old lifting buddy and best friend has like the best genetics imaginable. My goal has always been and will always be to beat that muther****er no matter what it takes!! Not that I think I realisticly ever will but Il damn well try.

That is the attitude that a real champion would have IMO.

Jakspro is offline Member
    i had clean genetics but then trashed the sh*t out of my body throughout High School and now its tough, wish some of my smarted older friends woulda beat my ass when i told em all the stupid sh*t i was doin... ehh

Don't do drugs

Jerzey is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    I'm the opposite, I swear, if I keep eating and lifting, I'll just keep growing Cutting, I have to work hard at it. My metabolism sucks! Wanna switch

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    i have not the best genetics but i have worked my ass of for wat ive got today!

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Ive always been real lean, but couldnt gain for nothing, might have had alot to do with partying and diet when I was young for wrestling. Getting there now with some AS help!

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    no ammount of food, willpower, juice and discipline can turn a regular joe into arnold without genetics. Not that anyone should admit to defeat but beeing realistic is important aswell
    myostatin w00t!

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    i have good genetics...

Alex2 is offline Senior Member
    Do you have good genetics(for bodybuilding that is)??

Im begining to suspect I have some of the worst genetics in the world flat muscle bellies, insanely hard time losing fat, metabolism slower then a 90 year old beed ridden old lady, tiny joints. I only look like I workout when I flex. When I dont flex Im flat and small.

The only good thing I have going for me is the fact that I dont lose strenght when cutting and a decent strenght/weight ratio. Thats about it

If it was all about survivial in the wild I guess I would have the perfect body but it sure as hell aint made for weightlifting
    You look good in the avatar. What is your chest measurement Johan?

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I do have good genetics!

on my dad's side:

My dad used to be 5'10, 230 @ 10%bf with 19" arms and never lifted in his life, except meat!
    his bro is built too, well now he's fat, but still you see the mass is there, one of my cousin used to look like a BB without even touching a barbell ever!

Oh my mom's side, her brother well he's built, used to be the fat guy but with enourmous strenght, as a butcher he was lifting the beef quarters and all, like flipping a coin, the rest are short fat or super skinny no middle

PaRiS2005 is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    Ditto...

VIXI is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerzey
    I'm the opposite, I swear, if I keep eating and lifting, I'll just keep growing Cutting, I have to work hard at it. My metabolism sucks! Wanna switch

right there with you lady...but at least I can thank dad for my calves

No idea, i dont know much about genetics

6'4"... Ive got naturally wide shoulders, 18"arms.. My wrist alone is 8 1/2 inches around, i wear a size 15 shoe...

So if your just talking about overall size and structure, I think i'll be alright...

I put on muscle extremely easy, but i also put on fat just as easily, i have to work hard to put on muscle and take off fat...
    Last edited by Evil Predator; 08-28-2005 at 10:16 PM.

chest6 is offline Banned
    i wear size 16 and im 6 2...dammit i thought i woulda been like 6 6

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    i wear size 16 and im 6 2...dammit i thought i woulda been like 6 6

and i thought i was a goofy bastard for having such big feet

chest6 is offline Banned
    they were like that when i was in 7th grade and 5' 7"...u can imagine how i looked

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Myshkin
    i'd say i put on muscularity really fast, and can chance my body comp. really quickly too, and have pretty good bone structure and all that for bbing.

on the other hand, i don't think i have good biomechanical structure for the big lifts. anyone wanna trade? i have no interest in bbing, i wanna be a pler.
    I'm in the same boat. Muscle comes on easy and I'm one of the strongest people in my gym but I'll never have the strength be a powerlifter.

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    i think i got lucky...theres nothing i would change..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information