Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    UNfortunetly we're (Ireland) helping in your war effort in Iraq. I'd rather we lent assistance to the people affected by the hurricane.
    All politics aside, I guess NOW would probably be a pretty good time for Bush to call home the thousands and thousands of Louisiana and Mississippi National Guardsmen that are in Irak... (35% of Louisiana and 40% of Mississippi Natl-Guard are in Irak now).

I think it would makle sense if only for morale reasons. I can't imagine being stuck overseas knowing my neighbours desperately need my help. It boggles the mind.

Red

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    All politics aside, I guess NOW would probably be a pretty good time for Bush to call home the thousands and thousands of Louisiana and Mississippi National Guardsmen that are in Irak... (35% of Louisiana and 40% of Mississippi Natl-Guard are in Irak now).

I think it would makle sense if only for morale reasons. I can't imagine being stuck overseas knowing my neighbours desperately need my help. It boggles the mind.

Red
    i agree with this red..
    but i dont think it will be happening

chino777 is offline Junior Member
    First of all i would like to say that all people around me here in germany really feel sorry about what happend to the USA.
    This morning i asked myself the same question and i don't know why europe don't sends any help ...
    One thing i thought about is that the USA perhabs don't want other countries to help because that might construe some countries as a loss of american strength (but thats only pure speculation).

I believe that, if the USA would ask for help other countries would be there ASAP.

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    UNfortunetly we're (Ireland) helping in your war effort in Iraq. I'd rather we lent assistance to the people affected by the hurricane.
    Our goverment doesn't do squat about the homeless. They are hardly going to give aid to america, although considering the investment american companies have put into our economy they should, if only to be viewed favourably.

mass junkie is offline banned
    They must of read Your thread mbaraso

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...5E1702,00.html

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie

MB got some pull huh!!!!!

jmt
    jmt is offline Associate Member
    Some 20-odd countries have offered assitance to us so far. They have all been turned down.

There are already too many groups running around with out one central command in New Orleans. As fo now, more aid would just add to the pandomonium.

So, it's not that other countries aren't attempting to give aid. It's that, at this time, we're not excepting it.

-jmt

Quote Originally Posted by jmt
    Some 20-odd countries have offered assitance to us so far. They have all been turned down.
    Not quite...

At this point the Canadian Red Cross disaster team has been requested and is on it's way (or already there), and as of last night the British-Columbia Urban Search and Rescue team were mobilizing as it has been officially requested by the US Ambassador to Canada.

The Ambassador also asked to put the Canadian Armed Forces DART (Disaster Assistance Response Team) on 48 hrs stand-by. They're getting ready for some hard core water purification work.

The Ambassador also relayed a request from the Surgeon General for Health Canada to inventory all available medical supplies, drugs and even medical personnel to be sent on a moments notice.

Our PM had a chat with prez Bush today and offered "Any resource you need", Bush told him they're still getting organized and will let us know as soon as they figure out what they need.

In the meantime, Hydro-Quebec and Hydro-Ontario are getting convoys of cherry pickers and linesmen ready as well as supplies to rebuild the power grid down there. The cooperation between Canada and the US to rebuild power grids after a disaster is so common and happens so often that this one is a no brainer.

Red

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    Who cares we dont need em anyways

jmt
    jmt is offline Associate Member
    That's what I said. The aid is there, we're just not excepting it.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie

dam..I'm surprised but happy :-). Bout time someone helps us out.

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    My best friend is navy. He's sailing europe ATM, but many of his friends, and his gf i believe, are prepping for deployment.

Getting together all the equipment and shipping it isnt a one day job guys, as much as it pains everyone to see this stuff going on, it takes time to fix.

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    They we go Canada.....I never questioned you guys, Canadians are great people!
    Man, our doors are open to you, from the bottom of our hearts.
    This is what being a Canadian is all about.

G-13 is offline Member
    Well we appreciate all the help we can get from any country, especially Canada!!.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information