Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MBaraso is offline Retired Mod

Where is all the help from other countries? (Katrina)

I have yet to hear of any other country offering assistance with this disaster. Not one. Not even the United Nations! What is wrong with this picture? The only thing they've offered to president d!ckhead was their prayers

The US has helped out numerous other countries when they have had a crisis or disaster but again we stand alone. I feel that we should discontinue all assistance to other countries and let them fend for themselves. This is really pathetic...

Maraxus is offline Banned
    youre right

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    I feel that we should discontinue all assistance to other countries and let them fend for themselves.
    amen, and if we did that we'd win the 'war on terror' as well. much faster than with guns.

CRUISECONTROL is offline Post Whore Extraordinaire Cruising On Autopilot
    Dam other countries always got their hand out and never wanna help no one but themselves!!!!!

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    We shouldn't want some foreign governments money. I don't want money that some aristocrat stole from a farmer to give to people in another country. Now if an individual in some country found the goodness in their heart to donate something to the hurricane effected area, than that would be honest charity.

Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    We shouldn't want some foreign governments money. I don't want money that some aristocrat stole from a farmer to give to people in another country. Now if an individual in some country found the goodness in their heart to donate something to the hurricane effected area, than that would be honest charity.
    They don't even have to send $. They could send planes with bottled water, and other supplies like we did when the tsunimi's hit.
    And why shouldn't we except donations to the redcross from foreign goverments? They sure as hell except our donations everyday!

chest6 is offline Banned
    il agree with you this has been ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    They don't even have to send $. They could send planes with bottled water, and other supplies like we did when the tsunimi's hit.
    And why shouldn't we except donations to the redcross from foreign goverments? They sure as hell except our donations everyday!

I know what you are saying: it isn't fair that our governmnet steals our money to give to a bunch of ungrateful people, but their governmnets won't steal from them to do the same.

I think that foreign aid is bull. Our governmnet shouldn't be giving anyone money but us. After all, it's our money to begin with. I'm perfectly capable of donating some if I have a little to spare. And if I had that 27% or some odd percentage of my income back, I just might.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    If the gov stopped

1-giving aid
    2-going into useless wars

the US would be alot better

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    If the gov stopped

1-giving aid

war boost are economy, saved Bush's ass

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns101

I have a hard time seeing how a $300 billion and counting investment, with no return, boosts the economy.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    All other countries probably believe the US does not need help being the most powerful country on the planet, but we all need help in a crisis.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns101

Let the president answer a higher anarchy
    Strap him with an Ak-47, let him go, fight his own war
    Let him impress daddy that way
    No more blood for oil, we got our own battles to fight on our own soil
    No more psychological warfare, to trick us to thinking that we ain't loyal
    If we don't serve our own country, we're patronizing a hero
    Look in his eyes its all lies

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Dude, great point. In the New York Post today it was labeled, "Our Tsunami" now where where's the help? Another interesting developement will be whether or not these phony ass celebrities do any thing. Cause when the Tsunami hit, people were doing all kinds of shit, telethons and whatnot. But when it come to our won people, people could give a fvck.

I have a hard time seeing how a $300 billion and counting investment, with no return, boosts the economy.
    We are not asking you to understand

Quote Originally Posted by CRUISECONTROL
    We are not asking you to understand
    OK, fair enough. If you don't want to explain, than that is fine with me. I'll just chalk it up as another win.

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    where is israel?? you give billions of dollars for israel every year!!

Quote Originally Posted by MilitiaGuy
    where is israel?? you give billions of dollars for israel every year!!
    Where is egypt??? where are all the other countries that put their hand out and beg for money from the US??? Where is your help??? you mean to tell me you have never used anything american?? you being on this site proves it....So donate so money Mguy....

"We've invested $50-billion in Egypt since the 1970s and now when push comes to shove we don't get the kind of support we need," he says. "Because Egypt is the most influential and powerful Arab state, we need Mubarak and others to clearly denounce the attacks and they did not do that. They did not side with the U.S., unlike the Turks, for example, where there was no daylight between us and the Turks."
    http://www.sptimes.com/2002/02/10/Co...ca_getti.shtml

OK, fair enough. If you don't want to explain, than that is fine with me. I'll just chalk it up as another win.
    Ok I'll be honest I do not have a doctorate in economics and I doubt you do either so lets just chalk it up that it works.......... How or why ??????? Who cares as long as it works

Quote Originally Posted by CRUISECONTROL
    Ok I'll be honest I do not have a doctorate in economics and I doubt you do either so lets just chalk it up that it works.......... How or why ??????? Who cares as long as it works

That's just the thing dude, it doesn't work that way.

If the open market had all that money back to spend on things, the economy would grow simply from the influx of liquid capital.

I'm not arguing the justification of the Iraq war. I have a strong opinion about it, but that isn't really the issue. I'm simply stating that taking money out of the economy to fight a war doesn't help the economy grow. Now if we had confiscated oil in excess of $300 billlion dollars, it would be a sound investment, but we didn't. We're still going to need to buy it from the Iraqis, they aren't just going to let us have it because we got rid of their dictator.

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    So donate so money Mguy....

and how do u know I didnt donate?!!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    President DICKHEAD says it all.

That guy will get his one day in a very rough way, you just watch.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

~SC~

...and hopefully it will be dancing at the end of a rope.

O.fO.shO is offline Member
    That's just the thing dude, it doesn't work that way.

If the open market had all that money back to spend on things, the economy would grow simply from the influx of liquid capital.

I'm not arguing the justification of the Iraq war. I have a strong opinion about it, but that isn't really the issue. I'm simply stating that taking money out of the economy to fight a war doesn't help the economy grow. Now if we had confiscated oil in excess of $300 billlion dollars, it would be a sound investment, but we didn't. We're still going to need to buy it from the Iraqis, they aren't just going to let us have it because we got rid of their dictator.

agreed , this isnt the 70's . This war ins't boosting our economy....its draining it . we could have just paid to rebuild the huricanes destruction 30x with that kinda money .

Quote Originally Posted by MilitiaGuy
    and how do u know I didnt donate?!!
    If you didnt donate...DONATE!!!

If u donated already..take a plane and go help the people there...

The cookies are watching ur every move

ant_8u is offline Senior Member
    I was watching the News last night and heard you guys need around Ł16 billion

Isn't that around $27 billion!

I didn't realise the extent of the damage until last night

Hopefully Tony "the tw@t" Blair will make a good decision and donate money and supplies

I mean, It ain't like you've never helped us before is it?!

BlInDsIdE is offline "ARs Most Dangerous Member"
    i wonder how insurance companies will deal with this, theres an estimated 30billion $ in damage already. And i also think that its total bullsh!t when whenever theres a natural disaster or some crisis in another country we allways rush with supplies and money everytime. yet the one time that other countries could use to even show that they're at least a little grateful, no one comes to our aid. where the fvck is the money and supplies from the people we've helped

ant_8u is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlInDsIdE
    where the fvck is the money and supplies from the people we've helped
    Tony Blair has it, and he's a fvcking pr!ck

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

~SC~
    I despise Bush (the whole family), like there's no tomorrow. I would like to compare him to Hitler, but he hasn't killed 6 million.....yet......

As far as the aid goes, I want to see Fvckin Brad gayass Pitt, fagotass George Clooney, and the rest of the "celebs" do a commercial to help us out!

Very few things rile me up....And just seeing GW, makes me want to spit in that bastards face.

Canadian Red Cross is sending it's disaster relief team and is collecting money... but I guess thats not newsworthy in the US...

http://www.redcross.ca/article.asp?id=014588&tid=032

Hurricane Katrina

In response to Hurricane Katrina which has pummelled the coast of Louisiana, Alabama and Mississippi, the American Red Cross has launched its largest ever mobilization of resources for a single disaster.

“We have offered our colleagues in the United States our full support for this disaster,” said Don Shropshire, National Director, Disaster Services, Canadian Red Cross.

“At present the American Red Cross has requested that Canadian Red Cross send highly trained disaster response volunteers and we are currently preparing our team to travel to the US.” The Canadian Red Cross will be not be recruiting new people for this team, but rather will be relying on its existing pool of experienced, trained volunteers.

“The Canadian Red Cross has received hundreds of call from Canadians wanting to help the people impacted by this disaster and will accept funds designated for Hurricane Katrina.”

One of the best ways to reduce the impact of deadly disasters is to prepare yourself and your community before they strike.

Donate Now http://www.redcross.ca/main.asp?id=000041

In-kind donations of food, clothing and other items, while well intentioned, are not the best way to help those in need. There are tremendous processing and transportation costs involved in shipping these items to beneficiaries. Local purchases of food and clothing are more culturally appropriate and effective. Red Cross supplies can be purchased in the immediate area, thereby reducing transportation costs. Cash transfers to the affected region provide the optimum flexibility to our Red Cross colleagues so they can meet the most urgent needs.
    Posted August 31, 2005

Red

Canadian Government has asked the US ambassador "what do you need" to send help...

August 31, 2005 - 16:21

Canadian leaders standing by to see if U.S. needs help from north of border

TORONTO (CP) - Canadian leaders are offering to send help to the United States in the aftermath of the devastation wrought by hurricane Katrina.

Ontario is looking into whether its medical and search-rescue personnel can help.
    And Deputy Prime Minister Anne McLellan, who has said Canadian health authorities have offered to send emergency medical supplies, was scheduled to discuss Canada's role in the hurricane aftermath in Edmonton later Wednesday.

Ontario Premier Dalton McGuinty said he has asked the American ambassador to Canada how the province can assist in rescue and recovery efforts.

"We stand at the ready to assist," said McGuinty, who said Ontario could help with hydro crews and with its Emergency Medical Assistance Team.

Relief efforts by Canadians in disaster zones are largely organized in Ottawa but McGuinty said Wednesday he wants to know from David Wilkins what specifically Ontario can do.

McGuinty's decision to reach out came as provincial opposition parties were criticizing the premier for not moving fast enough to offer help to flooded areas in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.

At least 125 people have died in the flooding, and New Orleans is a swamp, with about 80 per cent of the city under water.

Provincial Conservative Leader John Tory questioned whether the premier is acting fast enough. He urged McGuinty to "dispatch those people and get them on their way" because it might still take a few days before it's decided exactly how they can help.

McLellan, the federal cabinet minister, said Tuesday she told Michael Chertoff, the American secretary of homeland security, that Canada is ready to provide assistance if needed. She said Canadian health authorities have offered to send emergency medical supplies from the country's emergency stockpile.

Officials in McLellan's office said as of Wednesday afternoon the Americans hadn't made any requests for help.

Red

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    They we go Canada.....I never questioned you guys, Canadians are great people!

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Did not know that Red, thanks for the info. Visited canada and the people all seem nice and very willing to help, so this doesn't suprise me.

Unoid is offline Member
    If the gov stopped

1-giving aid

every war we've partaken in wasn't useless. Unless you're calling hundreds of washington Ph.D's who're more educated on world politics and administration to be less smart as you. WHich do you think?

aside: where have all these liberals come from?
    SWOLE, You cna't mean it, you're my hero

I'm glad to see canada stepping up to the plate and helping but at the time I posted this no one was sending anything but they're prayers
    And as of now the canadians and Venezuela’s government are the only ones offering anything.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9148873/

This is what gets me though "Islamic extremists rejoiced in America’s misfortune, giving the storm a military rank and declaring in Internet chatter that “Private” Katrina had joined the global jihad, or holy war. With “God’s help,” they declared, oil prices would hit $100 a barrel this year."

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Canadians are good peeps!

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    UNfortunetly we're (Ireland) helping in your war effort in Iraq. I'd rather we lent assistance to the people affected by the hurricane.

devil1 is offline Jacked Jarhead
    now if only the rest of the countries that weve helped in the past, could jump in on it

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Unoid
    SWOLE, You cna't mean it, you're my hero

Can't mean what? That Bush is a self-centered/special interest/greedy ass mother f*cker that is only interested in finishing "what my Daddy started"???

Sorry, but he is.

I guess HE'S your hero.

~SC~

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont expect countries... like third world countries to help...
    but i do expect countries like england,australia u know allies of america to help out..
    isreal and so on... u know the bump chums of america...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information