Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member

I'm sorry... but with regards to these hurricane "victims"

I think they should have to pay for thier rescues. These people were told 3 days in advance that a huge storm was on its way. The day before, they were told Get out. When I heard this on the news a few days before. I thought to myself.... If I was there, I would have gotten out. Sorry They were told, and they did not listen. I feel bad for them, but if your too dumb to understand that 145 MPH winds are going to knock the biggest houses over, then you get what you deserve. Sucks to be them now. I will be donating to the red cross btw. But what a bunch of morons.

This was from like 2 days before the storm:
    http://www.nola.com/hurricane/?/hurr...ve_storm2.html

EXTREMELY DANGEROUS CATEGORY FOUR HURRICANE KATRINA PREPARING TO MOVE ONSHORE NEAR SOUTHERN PLAQUEMINES PARISH LOUISIANA... ...HURRICANE-FORCE WIND GUSTS OCCURRING OVER MOST OF SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA...IN THE NEW ORLEANS METROPOLITAN AREA...AND AS FAR EAST AS THE CHANDELEUR ISLANDS...

A HURRICANE WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR THE NORTH CENTRAL GULF COAST FROM MORGAN CITY LOUISIANA EASTWARD TO THE ALABAMA/FLORIDA BORDER...INCLUDING THE CITY OF NEW ORLEANS AND LAKE PONTCHARTRAIN. PREPARATIONS TO PROTECT LIFE AND PROPERTY SHOULD HAVE BEEN COMPLETED

KATRINA IS MOVING TOWARD THE NORTH NEAR 15 MPH... AND THIS MOTION IS FORECAST TO CONTINUE TODAY. A GRADUAL TURN TOWARD THE NORTH-NORTHEAST AT A SLIGHTLY FASTER FORWARD SPEED IS EXPECTED LATER TONIGHT AND ON TUESDAY. ON THE FORECAST TRACK...KATRINA WILL MOVE ONSHORE THE SOUTHERN COAST OF PLAQUEMINES PARISH NEAR EMPIRE AND BURAS LOUSIANA WITHIN THE ENXT HOUR...AND REACH THE LOUISIANA-MISSISSIPPI BORDER AREA BY EARLY AFTERNOON. CONDITIONS WILL CONTINUE TO STEADILY DETERIORATE OVER CENTRAL AND SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA...SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI...AND SOUTHERN ALABAMA THROUGHOUT THE DAY.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 145 MPH...WITH HIGHER GUSTS. KATRINA IS A STRONG CATEGORY FOUR HURRICANE ON THE SAFFIR-SIMPSON SCALE. SOME FLUCTUATIONS IN STRENGTH ARE LIKELY PRIOR TO LANDFALL...BUT KATRINA IS EXPECTED TO MAKE LANDFALL AS A CATEGORY FOUR HURRICANE. WINDS AFFECTING THE UPPER FLOORS OF HIGH-RISE BUILDINGS WILL BE SIGNIFICANTLY STRONGER THAN THOSE NEAR GROUND LEVEL.

KATRINA REMAINS A VERY LARGE HURRICANE. HURRICANE FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 120 MILES FROM THE CENTER...AND TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 230 MILES. DURING THE PAST HOUR...A SUSTAINED WIND OF 56 MPH WITH A GUST TO 85 MPH WAS REPORTED AT NEW ORLEANS LAKEFRONT AIRPORT...AND A SUSTAINED WIND OF 74 MPH WITH A GUST TO 96 MPH WAS REPORTED AT THE NAVAL AIR STATION IN BELLE CHASSE LOUISIANA.

THE MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE RECENTLY REPORTED BY AN AIR FORCE RESERVE UNIT RECONNAISSANCE AIRCRAFT WAS 918 MB...27.11 INCHES.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    ...i understand your point... but no one WANTS to HAVE to leave their home behind.

511220 is offline Associate Member
    How exactly were the poor with no means of getting out supposed to evac? This is not L.A my man.

I agree with you that no one wants too, but if there's a choice between my house and my life, my kids life, my wife's life, and my dogs life..... hmmmm, I think I will take my life any day of the week. Sorry, you can replace a house... u cannot replace a person. They had plenty of time to figure something out. These people were being stubborn. Granted I will conceed that some people could not get out, but by the looks of the pics from the news... there were plenty that were fully able to get the hell out. My god, its not like a hurricane hits the US like every 50 years or something. How long ago was it that Andrew was here? Oh yea I think it was last year....

Quote Originally Posted by 511220
    How exactly were the poor with no means of getting out supposed to evac? This is not L.A my man.

Comon now... they could have at least gone to the superdome. Which a whooole lot did not.

Don't forget another thing bro...

A lot of people just cannot wrap their heads around the magnitude of an impeading disaster... they just do not understand the scope of it. "How bad can it be?" probably went thru the heads of a lot of the folks who stayed behind.

People who do rescue work see this quite often in everything from small house fires to major events like the Ice Storm we had here... the most common thing we hear from people we rescue is "holy crap, I never imagined (insert disaster here) could be that bad! I was stupid to not get the heck out right away!".

I guess it's probably human nature to underestimate danger.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg50
    Comon now... they could have at least gone to the superdome. Which a whooole lot did not.
    Unfortunately when you live in the poor hoods, by default you are less informed. It's very sad none-the-less and if it were the pacific coast of Cali in this scenario, a more concise expediant relief would be going on.

It's a shame where the prioirities "lie" here.

Unfortunately when you live in the poor hoods, by default you are less informed. It's very sad none-the-less and if it were the pacific coast of Cali in this scenario, a more concise expediant relief would be going on.

It's a shame where the prioirities "lie" here.

Hey I understand "less informed", but stupid is stupid... sorry man. You had to be on Mars to miss they "Get the F--- out of NO" They new this big bitch was coming 3 days ahead of time. I'm not trying to be a jerk... I just don't understand dumb people.... What part of "GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE" did they not understand.

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    ...i understand your point... but no one WANTS to HAVE to leave their home behind.
    Oh I remember the Days . I always felt for those in the chattle houses .

Nar...check your pm's.

C.B.

P.s...has anyone heard from Sicilian30???
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Don't forget another thing bro...

A lot of people just cannot wrap their heads around the magnitude of an impeading disaster... they just do not understand the scope of it. "How bad can it be?" probably went thru the heads of a lot of the folks who stayed behind.

People who do rescue work see this quite often in everything from small house fires to major events like the Ice Storm we had here... the most common thing we hear from people we rescue is "holy crap, I never imagined (insert disaster here) could be that bad! I was stupid to not get the heck out right away!".

I guess it's probably human nature to underestimate danger.

Red
    If you live on the coast... if anyone understands the magnitude of a cat 5 hurricane its them. sorry still no excuse. I live in Colorado. If I saw a huge fire heading towards my house in the mountains, and the news was saying get the hell out... guess what I would do...Get the hell out because I dont want this to happen----> sorry, common sense

towup is offline Associate Member

Unhappy

My heart oges out to all those poor souls! that must suck. think if it was you....

Hey I understand "less informed", but stupid is stupid... sorry man. You had to be on Mars to miss they "Get the F--- out of NO" They new this big bitch was coming 3 days ahead of time. I'm not trying to be a jerk... I just don't understand dumb people.... What part of "GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE" did they not understand.
    Well to your point of view I say, our troops would be better served helping the "stupid" here on our own turf. A little 1000 unit deployment would of saved damn near everyone.

Like I said it sucks to be them... but....

sorry, common sense
    Those are the magic words bro...

Too many people lack it nowadays. I gave up believing in people having common sense a while ago...

Lemme tell you a short story...

We get called to a fire in a grade school... we get there, no alarms ringing, kids are all sitting in class... except for 1 classroom... those kids are just standing around in the hallway and thick black SMOKE is bellowing out of that classroom...

The principal meets us at the door and my first question is WTF is wrong with you? Why are the kids not out of the building? The principal says "Well, there is only one class burning, no reason to disturb the other students!" I rather un-ceremoniously tell him he's a fûcking moron and my partner walks to the closest fire alarm pullbox to evacuate the school... this moron TACKLES him! I'll let you guess what happened after (let's just say he got to ride the back of an ambulance... handcuffed...), the school was evacuated and we took care the the fire (structural, inside the classroom wall, was nasty we had to chase it... it would have spread had we not nailed it quickly).

Now as if all that wasn't stupid enough, we later find out that the fire was started by the school caretaker who POURED GASOLINE and lit it in an air vent to try and destroy a wasps nest.

Thats the day I completely lost my faith in people having any common sense at all...

Red

Well to your point of view I say, our troops would be better served helping the "stupid" here on our own turf. A little 1000 unit deployment would of saved damn near everyone.

Maybe you should turn on the news..... there are a few thousand on there way there now... What? Instead of Iraq right? If you wanna do that debate start a new thread. Please.

Here's some news from today bud.....

New Orleans Gets More Troops to Stop Katrina Looting (Update2) Listen
    Sept. 1 (Bloomberg) -- An additional 16,000 National Guard members were ordered to Louisiana and Mississippi to combat looting and quell gunfire that disrupted the rescue of survivors of Hurricane Katrina.

The troops will be added to 22,000 already deployed in the two states, U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said today at a news conference. He said 1,400 will go to New Orleans daily for the next three days, expanding a force of 3,000 that's trying to maintain order in a city flooded and left without power by the storm three days ago.

``There have been isolated incidents of criminality,'' Chertoff told reporters in Washington. ``We have a tremendous array of resources that are currently deployed in New Orleans.''

Some rescue operations by the Federal Emergency Management Agency were suspended in areas where gunfire broke out, Homeland Security spokesman Russ Knocke said in Washington, the Associated Press reported. People trying to board amphibious vehicles outside New Orleans's Charity Hospital were shot at while trying to evacuate, Cable News Network reported.

People outside the city's convention center were also fired upon, CNN said. Earlier today, a helicopter assisting in the evacuation of 23,000 people from the Superdome came under fire.

Maybe you should turn on the news..... there are a few thousand on there way there now... What? Instead of Iraq right? If you wanna do that debate start a new thread. Please.

Here's some news from today bud.....

New Orleans Gets More Troops to Stop Katrina Looting (Update2) Listen
    Sept. 1 (Bloomberg) -- An additional 16,000 National Guard members were ordered to Louisiana and Mississippi to combat looting and quell gunfire that disrupted the rescue of survivors of Hurricane Katrina.

The troops will be added to 22,000 already deployed in the two states, U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said today at a news conference. He said 1,400 will go to New Orleans daily for the next three days, expanding a force of 3,000 that's trying to maintain order in a city flooded and left without power by the storm three days ago.

``There have been isolated incidents of criminality,'' Chertoff told reporters in Washington. ``We have a tremendous array of resources that are currently deployed in New Orleans.''

Some rescue operations by the Federal Emergency Management Agency were suspended in areas where gunfire broke out, Homeland Security spokesman Russ Knocke said in Washington, the Associated Press reported. People trying to board amphibious vehicles outside New Orleans's Charity Hospital were shot at while trying to evacuate, Cable News Network reported.

People outside the city's convention center were also fired upon, CNN said. Earlier today, a helicopter assisting in the evacuation of 23,000 people from the Superdome came under fire.
    "Common sense"? I watch the news, maybe I shouldnt. Deploy the troops before to evac! Not 4 days afterwards! For what? Coroner duty?

"Common sense"? I watch the news, maybe I shouldnt. Deploy the troops before to evac! Not 4 days afterwards! For what? Coroner duty?

yea, that's what they need now to save the dummy's that didnt leave. THEY HAD 3 DAYS TO LEAVE!!!!!!!!! How about the idiots that were shooting at the helicopters that were there to save them... can't you conceed that there were a whole lot of dip Shlts that did not leave?

yea, that's what they need now to save the dummy's that didnt leave. THEY HAD 3 DAYS TO LEAVE!!!!!!!!! How about the idiots that were shooting at the helicopters that were there to save them... can't you conceed that there were a whole lot of dip Shlts that did not leave?
    Lol, yeah I didnt get that shooting at the choppers. Maybe they thought Bush was on one of those fukers

Lol, yeah I didnt get that shooting at the choppers. Maybe they thought Bush was on one of those fukers

Oh yea, because it was Bush's fault that the hurricane hit there right... what a dumb ass statement

Zapp is offline Banned
    I think some of them stayed behind so they could see what they could steal after everyone else left!

Come on bros... can't we drop the partisan bullcrap a bit?

I mean come on, even former presidents Bill Clinton and Georges Bush SR are working together on the relief effort. I'm pretty sure the hurricane didn't care who voted for who when she destroyed the area.

Just my 2 cents

Red

Oh yea, because it was Bush's fault that the hurricane hit there right... what a dumb ass statement
    YAWN...nite Jdawg

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp
    I think some of them stayed behind so they could see what they could steal after everyone else left!
    This I feel is true.................. I also think they shot at the chopper so that it would't have evacuated anyone because they would have been forced to leave. These people that are looting and whatever else they are doing aren't done yet.

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Come on bros... can't we drop the partisan bullcrap a bit?

I mean come on, even former presidents Bill Clinton and Georges Bush SR are working together on the relief effort. I'm pretty sure the hurricane didn't care who voted for who when she destroyed the area.

Just my 2 cents

Red

+1

Ive never seen a country so divided, even in times of natural disaster.. Glad im Canadian..

YAWN...nite Jdawg
    LOL....

LOL....
    I've been OWNED by the Jdawg? Oh shit! Now what?

I've been OWNED by the Jdawg? Oh shit! Now what?

Yes you have.... come back some time to the political forum and I teach you a few other things son.

Yes you have.... come back some time to the political forum and I teach you a few other things son.
    k dad

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    I've always felt that anyone who recieves a civil service such as police assistance or the help of firefighters should somehow repay that service even if it not in legal tender.

wagner78 is offline New Member
    Well I have been in some bad places and you never realize what you have untill it is gone. People didnt realize what was coming there, if they did they would have left, and some people would have left if they had the means to leave. Then you have the ones that are just too stuborn or ignorant to leave, these are the ones that should have to pay for this. Also everyone there needs our help because, I have seen what happens in a torn up country and it sucks. So everyone just needs to pray and help however they can through money, supplies or time.

chest6 is offline Banned
    i agree with a lot of you. They did have 3 days warning. Hell...if I didnt have anything I would find a damn shopping cart pile what food and water was available in there and walk as far as possible or hitch a ride.....may sound dumb but....better than staying there

Thread Information