radar1234 is offline Member

R People Just Fu**in Animals Or What!!!!

looting hospitals,robbing elderly,raping women on the street,booting in peoples houses,ect,ect!! WHAT THE FUK!!!! unreal!!! it looks like friggin Rwanda over there!! where is the national guard?? get the boys out of Iraq and send them to New Orleans!!! this is heartbreaking and infuriating!! have they even declared martial law yet????

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by radar1234
    looting hospitals,robbing elderly,raping women on the street,booting in peoples houses,ect,ect!! WHAT THE FUK!!!! unreal!!! it looks like friggin Rwanda over there!! where is the national guard?? get the boys out of Iraq and send them to New Orleans!!! this is heartbreaking and infuriating!! have they even declared martial law yet????
    Yep, I think Monday night it was declared................ They should be shot on site when they are caught maybe it will help stop them some.

radar1234 is offline Member
    i guess this is what Soddem and Gammorah looked like. its just makes u think of how terrified alot of innocent people are. i hope they shoot to kill the idiots down there. a nice warning shot in the head would suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by radar1234
    i guess this is what Soddem and Gammorah looked like. its just makes u think of how terrified alot of innocent people are. i hope they shoot to kill the idiots down there. a nice warning shot in the head would suffice.
    It's a shame it brings the worse out of some people........ one guy shot his sister in the head over a bag of ice....

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    Yep, I think Monday night it was declared................ They should be shot on site when they are caught maybe it will help stop them some.
    Martial law has not been declared which is why only the national guard is there and not the army. My understanding is that martial law can only be declared by Congress, thats what some guy at work told me today

WildCh1ld is offline Banned
    I was watching the news all morning and after a hour and a half I was disgusted at all the shit I was hearing.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    as inhuman as it sounds but I totally agree. its inhuman what they are doing, so therefore it should be inhuman what is done to them

Quote Originally Posted by longhorn814
    Martial law has not been declared which is why only the national guard is there and not the army. My understanding is that martial law can only be declared by Congress, thats what some guy at work told me today
    UPDATE ~ New Orleans mayor declares "martial law", pulls police from rescues to halt looting
    Chris Buell at 8:58 PM ET

[JURIST] Furious at a rising tide of lawlessness in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin Wednesday evening reassigned 1,500 New Orleans police from search-and-rescue missions to halt widespread looting [JURIST report] in the battered and flooded city. Declaring "martial law" in a dramatic invocation of his civic emergency powers, he directed officers to do "whatever it takes" to restore order, saying they could stop looters without regard to their civil rights and Miranda rights. CBS New Orleans affiliate WWL-TV has more. Earlier Wednesday, a Louisiana Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness spokesman said that contrary to earlier local reports and some statements by officials [JURIST report], martial law - technically, emergency government by military authority - was not in effect anywhere in the state [Bloomberg report]. The Louisiana Attorney General's office insisted late Tuesday that martial law is not recognized in Louisiana state law [JURIST report], although state statutes and declarations of emergency give civic officials - the governor, heads of parishes and mayors - broad powers to restore order after disasters.

In another law-related development Wednesday, Louisiana Corrections Secretary Richard Stalder dismissed reports circulating late Tuesday that there had been attempted escapes and hostage takings associated with the transfer of some 7,600 prisoners from jails in the New Orleans area. In a briefing, he told jouranalists "We cannot find any credible intelligence that the kinds of things that had been reported have happened." WWL-TV has more.

10:30 PM ET - A spokesman for Louisiana governor Kathleen Blanco said in a briefing late Wednesday that military police, Louisiana state troopers and police from other states were being deployed to New Orleans, and that pursuant to a request by the Governor federal troops would be assigned to search-and-rescue to free Louisiana National Guard personnel for law enforcement in the city.

Quote Originally Posted by longhorn814
    When I woke up Tuesday that's what they were saying on the news........... but from the article it looks like they can't declare "martial law" but she's given the power to restore order.
    Last edited by TheMudMan; 09-01-2005 at 09:23 PM.

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    They should have left when they were told to leave

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    If I was a NG, I don't think that I'd be able to shoot anyone unless they were stealing from me, or were hurting people.

I just don't think theft is a good enough reason to kill someone unless the property being stolen is your own.

I know that the people who own that property aren't there to protect it because of the hurricane and all, but that is their problem, not the 18 year old kid who is going to be ordered to kill another human being because of a television.

Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    If I was a NG, I don't think that I'd be able to shoot anyone unless they were stealing from me, or were hurting people.

I just don't think theft is a good enough reason to kill someone unless the property being stolen is your own.

I know that the people who own that property aren't there to protect it because of the hurricane and all, but that is their problem, not the 18 year old kid who is going to be ordered to kill another human being because of a television.
    I see what your saying but order needs to be brought and sometimes it comes with a price. Some of these looters are shooting at people.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    I see what your saying but order needs to be brought and sometimes it comes with a price. Some of these looters are shooting at people.

And those shooting at people should be shot at in return.

I don't think that declaring martial law neccesitates giving infantry soldiers a free pass to kill every person they see who is looting.

The people who are looting are criminals, nothing more. They should be apprehended using non-lethal force and made to answer for their crimes.

lcpl kill is offline Associate Member
    if martial law was enacted the military would not have the right to just shoot people, it doesnt work like that. we have rules of engagement which in this situation they would act the same as a police officer would. however the tactics they would employ would be a little more devistating than a regular police officer.

Thread Information