Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    I was addicted to anusol.

WHAT?

it WAS an addiction

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by kstone6tb
    Damn adderall. I know it was psychological, but they first day coming off that stuff was Hell on earth. Going from 80-100 mg./day to nothing gave me the worst anxiety attacks/depression you can imagine. I literally thought I was going crazy.

Dang man, that's way too much. I do 20-30 mg day and I'm up and getting a hell of a workout.

Addicted to as, was addicted to sleeping pills for years, but got tired of upping the dosage to sleep.

LAW
    LAW is offline Female Member
    Alcohol & AR I never had an alcoholic beverage from 18-42 not even a drop. Now when I party on weekends, im ok until i start drinking it on the rocks and then there is no return I just want to keep on going.
    Im obsessive compulsive. All or none. I at 0 now because Im trying to get my body in tip top shape.
    Interestng about the Xanax, my son takes it for anxiety. Didn't know it was addicting.

towup is offline Associate Member
    Yea, Xanax withdrawl is supposed to be way worse than opiate type withdrawls, since it messes with your nervous system really bad. I had a friend who was addicted to xanax and he quit, but he had to just cut back then each week cut back more until he was down to 1 bar a day. Afterwards he still went through some w/d but not near as bad if he would have just quit cold turkey. Doctors told him it wasnt a good idea to just quit cold turkey or he might end up in a hospital anyway.

tboney is offline Anabolic Member
    Cold turkey is not the intelligent way to come off drugs like xanax or opiates. There can be seizures, blood pressure complications, and a host of other problems.

Quote Originally Posted by tboney
    Cold turkey is not the intelligent way to come off drugs like xanax or opiates. There can be seizures, blood pressure complications, and a host of other problems.

yep. it sucks @ss. oh well, i am doing a lot better than when i started this post. i have cut down to 3 1/2 a day. I have a sh!t load of extra cash so far. So thats a really cool part of everything.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by towup
    Yea, Xanax withdrawl is supposed to be way worse than opiate type withdrawls
    i find this very hard tovbelieve. opiate withdrawls are legensdary for being the worst, and are one of the few that can outright kill you from the withdrawl alone. it's hard to be "way worse" than dead.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA
    i find this very hard tovbelieve. opiate withdrawls are legensdary for being the worst, and are one of the few that can outright kill you from the withdrawl alone. it's hard to be "way worse" than dead.

Benzo withdrawals are comparable with alcohol withdrawals as far as being the worst....a strong opiate withdrawal is likely to be extremely painful but it more than likely will not kill you. Alcohol or Benzo(xanax, valium) withdrawal will flat out kill you. Benzo's and alcohol affect the CNS much stronger than opiate's do and are much more lethal than opiate w/d's.....look it up I know what I'm talking about.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Benzo withdrawals are comparable with alcohol withdrawals as far as being the worst....a strong opiate withdrawal is likely to be extremely painful but it more than likely will not kill you.

the same applies to alcohol. they sometimes kill, but "more than likely will not".

Alcohol or Benzo(xanax, valium) withdrawal will flat out kill you.
    i think you greatly overstating the case. can, but very rarely does. i see the drunks get the shakes on sunday all the time, and they rarely die.

Benzo's and alcohol affect the CNS much stronger than opiate's do and are much more lethal than opiate w/d's.....look it up I know what I'm talking about.
    i think you're overstating the case, but it's not my field of expertise, so i'll have to take your word on it.

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    damn,,, just reading the label on this thread ,then reading every post made me sad and brings back bad bad memmories.

Along time ago but will never look back to those days again, i am a totally different person compared to then but the same person i was before. i have control over me now and im more happy then ever...i was into all the script's & BB'ing at the same time.

goodluck guys...stay clean

~dv~

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyvegas
    damn,,, just reading the label on this thread ,then reading every post made me sad and brings back bad bad memmories.

Along time ago but will never look back to those days again, i am a totally different person compared to then but the same person i was before. i have control over me now and im more happy then ever...i was into all the script's & BB'ing at the same time.

goodluck guys...stay clean

~dv~

Glad to hear it brotha, stay that way and thanks EVERYONE for the support!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information