bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor

read if you are from houston....

i have to vent here. if you watch tv in houston then you know who matress mac of gallery furniture is. i am so sick of this old fart i could puke! if i have to hear his whinny voice one more time, i will die!

who here hates matress mac?

matress mac
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails read if you are from houston....-mac.gif  
    Last edited by bigkev; 04-30-2002 at 10:46 PM.

Lil D is offline Junior Member
    dido, that is why i moved to Austin.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Hahaha ! Hey we in South Florida have our "bad" commercial guys too.

The worst I have seen are for a Cuban ladies Hair Salons called "Myrtha's". I think there are a bout 4 or 5 of them in the Miami area.

She is about 100 years old and the hair styles she says she can give you in the commercial are from the 1960's At the end of the commercial for years she says "And we will win the War against Fidel" and waves a Cuban Flag.
    She's been doing this at the end of her commercials since I was a kid !!!
    Last edited by bigkev; 04-30-2002 at 10:56 PM.

in new orleans we had frankie and johnnys furniture.

Oh, I also forgot ANY local commercial using Joey Carr..... he can't act and has done THOUSANDS of cheapo looking commericials through the years. Mostly for night clubs, dinner clubs and restaurants...most notably The Famous, The Monks Inn and Pumpernick's.

Talk about stereotypes, he's a walking ad for a New York Jewish Guy.

Originally posted by bigkev
    We used to have a furniture store here called .....get this, no kidding, SOFA KING ! Say it aloud a few times and then find out why they had to change their name to Sofa Giant

Wake Chick is offline Female Member
    Awww Kev I like Mattress Mac, his ads are stupid and, your right, whinny. But you gotta love him!!
    Wake chicks- We make your boat look good.

Originally posted by Wake Chick
    Awww Kev I like Mattress Mac, his ads are stupid and, your right, whinny. But you gotta love him!!

mac is killing me over here! lol!
    Last edited by bigkev; 04-30-2002 at 11:38 PM.

Wake Chick is offline Female Member
    Haha, yeah, but remember...He will save you moneyyyy!!!! Hmm maybe I do see what your talking about.
    Wake chicks- We make your boat look good.

BigD is offline Associate Member
    Hey I admire the guy for turning furniture into a multi million dollar market. He gave a speech to one class back in high school once. It was an excellent speech but you could tell it was all from memory, there was no feeling in it. Almost like he didn't want to be there. I kinda lost interest in him after that.

But he does a lot for the community.

Kev I dont know if you have seen the commercials but there is a new furniture company, I cant remember the name but it has this crazy looking guy with and he always ends with "that's a fact Jack"....That guy scares the hell outta me.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    I am from all the way up here in Canada..and just looking at the damn pic is driving me nuts.

Trianon is offline Associate Member
    hehe, here in Chicago I feel the same about old fart from Menard's commercials... if only I could lay my hands on him

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Mattress Mac is allright compared to Thats a Fact Jack guy with the chainsaw. I play pool right by his store and every time I see that commercial, I want to throw brick through the window.

BigBuddha is offline Junior Member
    I must concur with Pheedno, although Mac is a pain, id rather listen to him all day than one nano-second of "OOOOOHHH...thats a fact jack...OOOOHHH!!!" Plus, Matress Mac is heavily involved in Chuck Norris' Kick Drug Out Of America youth program, so that outta earn him a couple of extra brownie points

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Originally posted by bigkev
    LOL...holy shit BK...those commercials are soooo funny...You used to live in N.O.??

Originally posted by Big Rush

LOL...holy shit BK...those commercials are soooo funny...You used to live in N.O.??

i am from hammond bro.

" gotta see the special man........letta' have it." lol

Originally posted by Pheedno
    Mattress Mac is allright compared to Thats a Fact Jack guy with the chainsaw. I play pool right by his store and every time I see that commercial, I want to throw brick through the window.

ohhh shit! thats the hilton furniture guy! i have to agree! he is horrible!

latman49 is offline Member
    We've got a guy in my home town with a store named Jim Scott's Chee-po Dee-po. You can buy a whole living room set there for like 57 cents. They should call it Ree-po Dee-po because that is what he is selling, cheap repo shit from the 70's. His radio commericals make you wnat to drive your car into a ditch.

androplex is offline Donating Member
    Matress Mac just happens to be my partner!

BigD is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by androplex
    Matress Mac just happens to be my partner!
    Can i ask what exactly that means ?

BigBuddha is offline Junior Member
    he does alot for the community because he was a HUGE coke-head and the speeches etc was part of his com. service after he was busted. he has since reformed though

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    lol, this thread is still going on, but wait, so is mattress mac.

Ugh, yeah, he annoys me too.

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    Bigkev if you hate matress mac, then I hate matress mac and I've never been to houston. I'll back the bro on this one

you all really shouldnt make fun of matress mac!

Do any of you know him personally?

Originally posted by androplex
    you all really shouldnt make fun of matress mac!

Do any of you know him personally?

the only thing i know about mac is that everytime i turn on the tv or radio he is there, yelling at the top of his lungs!!!!!!!!!! lol

i am with jason, i cant beleive this thread is still going! mac just refuses to quit, in any arena!

03733+$ is offline Associate Member
    I feel ya on this kev I have a special guy I hate too he does the same thing yellat the top of his lungs!

Hes Markdown Mark!

I wish he would die! j/k

SAC
    SAC is offline New Member
    yeah i hate matress mac just as much as anyone. i think the wife has you all beat though. everytime his commercial comes on she starts running a tub of water and screaming for the kids...allright that wasn't funny. i think the most annoying one is the hilton furniture guy though....ooooooh and that's a fact jack.

Sounds like their Ad agency has a marketing tool that is getting peoples attention.

What about the one that says they pay you in 2 dollar bills for scrap metal?

I guess we all have are pet commericals. I was in broadcasting and was a DJ for a radio station time back in Oklahoma for about two years. I will tell you this. Those ads sale and the agents that help with the ads get big bucks. I also have some experience with voice over work here in Houston and know several of the people that do the voice overs. One for example is Joes Crab Shack. I took lesson from the guy that does that one. He gets big bucks for his voice over work.

BTW I have met Matress Mac in person. I studied with several studios here in Houston and have taken lessons with local Actors and Actreses and had the opportunity to talk. He seems to be an ok joe. I was going to try for one of his commericals as a partner voice over but the deal never got off the ground. I guess I should be glad of that especially since its so hated here.

I just have connections into the business and know several Houstonians that work in the industry. They really are nice people once you get to know them.

I was taking an acting class from one lady and she died of cancer. Had three kids and the people in the industry really impressed me with all the support and stuff they gave her and her family.

I Know several people here in Houston that have worked and are in major movies as seconds and some standins and they are really nice people.

I guess what I am saying is I agree with you but these people are really nice and caring people even though they have commericals that get on our nerves.

I hope its not that you really hate the guy just his tactics he uses in his ads.

And yes I have a signed contract with an agency here in Houston for part time acting and modeling work myself. (Have not done a lot but some). So yes I know these people and for the most part most of them are ok.

Later.......

ahh, i dont really hate mac, he just gets on my nerves.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    We have some insane mattress commercials here too. There must be some dangerous chemicals in mattresses that we don't know about...

Thread Information