Prime is offline Naturally perfect

Just finished reading Starship Troopers

One of the best books i have ever read. It actually made me want to go join the army.
    I reccomend it to anyone!

jmt
    jmt is offline Associate Member
    I've never read the book, but have seen the movie.

Most people will tell you it isn't too good, but I enjoyed. It's one of those type movies that you watch on a Sunday morning after being out all night.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    the movie had little to do with the book. heinlein was a great writer (until he got senile and strange). sometimes people say his work is derivative - his "puppet masters" seems like a rip off of "invasion of the body smatchers". until they read the copyright dates - "body snatchers" (and many other classic sci-fi plotlines) was a rip off of his book.

i would also recomend "friday". stay away from his later work, he gets a little strange.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA
    the movie had little to do with the book. heinlein was a great writer (until he got senile and strange). sometimes people say his work is derivative - his "puppet masters" seems like a rip off of "invasion of the body smatchers". until they read the copyright dates - "body snatchers" (and many other classic sci-fi plotlines) was a rip off of his book.

i would also recomend "friday". stay away from his later work, he gets a little strange.
    i was about to read 'job' i think it was published in the 80's so it's in his later years. Figured id give it a go seemed like an interesting premice for a story. I like weird stuf anyway.
    When did he die and what was the cause?

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    ever read slaughter house 5?

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron
    ever read slaughter house 5?
    nope, whats it about?

devil1 is offline Jacked Jarhead
    i just read my Muscular Development while i took a $hit it was good

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    starship troppers is a amazing book. But WAY to short. I hate it that they ****ed it all upp when doing the movie. The movie was entertaining but missed everything that made the book awsome.

Anna Bollick is offline Juiced Shemale Rescue Hooker
    Slaughterhouse 5 was by vonnegut. Rather good. So it goes.

I liked Stranger in a Strange Land. I could grok the characters pretty good. Time Enough for Love was great, too. Would have made a great movie, Girlfriend!

Right now I am halfway through The Count of Monte Cristo. My fireman friend is a classics nut and a Dumas fan in particular. He also has the complete works of Louis L'Amour and Edgar Rice Boroughs. Quite a diverse library, for a fireman, I guess. Next, Justine, I think. Or maybe Wuthering Heights. Oh, he has tolstoy, too, and pasternak. Robinson Crusoe begs to be read under these circumstances. The only vonnegut my friend has, it seems, is God Bless You Mr Rosewater. Time Enough for Love is here, and I will probably pick that one up soon. It is worth re-reading. The apocalyptic setting and the gender twists are very like current for me I guess in this situation.

Love and kisses
    Anna Bollick
    Juiced Shemale Rescue Hooker

Thread Information