msu16366 is offline Member

How do I burn a cd that is over 80 minutes

I found the best trance cd I have ever listened too by DJ Dean , Tunnel Trance force america, and I have downloaded the mp3 onto my computer, but the track is 1:19:56 and it will not let me burn it to a 80 minute cd.
    I have already tried to redownload it and cancel the download before it is finished but I can not even find it to download it again.
    If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it, THis is one of the best trance cd's I have ever heard. Better than Tiesto, oakenfold, doboy, etc:

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    ..Try burning it in MP3 format if you have the software to do it.....
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    79:56mins, that is perfectly acceptable for it to burn, 80min cds are really 80:59 just like 74 min cds are really 74:59. I have that cd and i burned it to a CD with no issues using Nero.

Youre really missing out if you think Tunnel Goes America is the best cd youve heard, his other Tunnel CD's dwarf that, like Tunnel Trance Force 23 or 24.

chino777 is offline Junior Member
    It is possible that your recordable cd is corrupt. Try one from an annother fabricator if you have one in stock.

If not you can cut some minutes off from that track.
    Which software do you use to burn cds?
    Several burning software gives you the option to edit tracks (nero for example). If you have a software that provides that option go ahead and edit your favourite track (cut off a few minutes. In this way you might also divide that track into several smaler ones by using trackmarks (if you do so, don't forget to use the option "no pauses between tracks")).

If your software doesn't give you that opinion use a mp3 cutter (this one for example: mp3 cutter) and cut off some minutes.
    After that try to burn the track again ...

Hope i could help you ....

thanks chino,
    I downloaded the program but I am having trouble trying to figure out how to cut off some minutes. ANy suggestions. Thanks

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    It's either your CD-R's or your burner, not the mp3.

Its one of the best anyway,
    I have all the TTF physotron, Your mixes are pretty good also, I actually just started to listen to Dj doboy, but I am having trouble downloading his music also, winmx sucks

Actually Physcotron I just realized the track is actually longer than stated before, on windows medial player once it gets to 79 minutes and 56 seconds it still plays for another 5 minutes + without the clock ticking.
    ?

chino,
    Is there a simple way to just cut off the last 5 minutes, I am not very good with computers so bear with me.

chino777 is offline Junior Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by msu16366
    thanks chino,
    I downloaded the program but I am having trouble trying to figure out how to cut off some minutes. ANy suggestions. Thanks
    .. actually the software is junk but i works and i will try to show you the easiest way (i could find) to cut some minutes off.

1. Start the software.

2. When the software started press "file" and the "Open..." and select the desired track. If thats done the track should be loaded into that software and you will see something like that "Total: 67'51.71 Now: 0'00.00 (0%)" to the right of the button "In"

3. Press the button "Set begin". If you have pressed the button you should see "Selection: 0'00.00 - 0'00.00 (0'00.00)" in the field below "Total: xx'xx.xx Now: 0'00.00 (0%)" x is just a wildcard i used. You should see the exact lengtht of your track

4. Alter "Selection: 0'00.00 - 0'00.00 (0'00.00)" into "Selection: 0'00.00 - 80'00.00 (80'00.00)" and press "Set end".
    80'00.00 (80'00.00) (it stands for the desired lenght of 80 minutes)

5. Press "file" and than "Save selection...", dub your resized track and save it.
    Thats it.

After this procedure you should be able to burn the resized track ....

I appreciate the time you took to help me out chino, However I still can not get it to work. I follow the instructions exactly as you state and when I save selection as it saves it but in the process it racks up 13 syn, errors. Than the saved selection is the same lenght as the origianal even though I set end way before the limit.
    Thanks again for your help and dont bother wasting any more time on this, I give up.

Thread Information