Thread: puppies born

doghunter is offline Member

puppies born

i tell ya i have spent many sleepless nights delivering pups (15+ litters) and each time is like the first it never gets old , its when they are 5wks old it starts to get old they are hellish at that age i have seven so far she went into labor about 1am its 4am now , so far very smooth a pup is being born about every 15min or two every half hour . just for the record if anyone is interested in purebred american bulldog pups bred from top quality working stock , let me know . i will post pic when they are older

bigJJ is offline Member
    Damn, I love American Bulldogs! I was actually thinking about getting a pup next year sometime, but wasn't sure of the breed I wanted. I was thinking Basenji, but an American Bull might do just fine. Keep us posted with pics!

Congrats on the smooth deliveries!

i have had many breeds of dogs in my years and this one has won me over ten times over they are just great dogs ,the good ones are very well rounded animals .i will see what i can come up with as far as pics over the next few weeks

almost 6am now and we are up to nine i think there is one left inside so far from what i can tell but u never know

LAW
    LAW is offline Female Member
    I have an American Bull dog. She is about 9 or 10. Unfortunately I may have to put her down because she pees in her sleep almost every night warping my hard wood floors. Have you any problems with the AB obsessively drinking large quantities of water? Love to see pics of parents too.
    I use to breed & show Chinese Shar Pei before they were AKC

my ab's drink tons of water its normal they will drink about two gallons out of a 5 gallon bucket at one time i will post pics of the pups and dam at a later date the sire of this litter was old and he the plan was the breed him to this female for a stud replacement we knew he was going to pass soon and he did just that a few days or a week after this breeding its a really inportant breeding to alot of us in this family of dogs

Maraxus is offline Banned
    im interested. let me know how much.

i sent u a pm

ok its looks like ten pups i hope thats final ,lol

LAW
    Sorry to hear about your AB's passing. I was wondering how old he was? Good luck with your pups. I am remembering just how much fun and work it was to have a litter.

he was about 9 i got him at the age of five he is from a legendary kennel name big bull kennels in ohio i drove there from de in a snow storm to get him his bloodlines are old painter stuff if anyone knows i thing or two about the history of these good ol dogs .i would like to hear about ur ab law how did u get ur's and what drove u to this breed

LAW
    Yeah, Bell is 9 and I am embarassed to tell you I got her from a pet store, breaking all the rules. Shhhhh don't tell anyone. After breeding Shar pei's I traded one of mine for a American Stafforshire Terrier. She was on her last years and I gave into my son's winning for a puppy. My amstaff died at home at 15. She was a love.
    I like the stronger breeds, less hair.
    Mine is a Old Southern White line. A bit taller and not as big a head as the painter line. The old painter has more of a mastiff head and shorter body if my memory serves me correct.
    Two years ago my son brough home a pit bull that he got from a "bad breeder" in PA and we've had nothing but problems with her. My AB gets along with the PB as long as there are no toys in the house. lol

oh i delted with osw stuff from the stouts and white knight kennels(nj) i have dogs from a dog named jj he is a bosshog son, the johnson stuff is what u are thinking of with the mastiff head my stuff in body type is the same as the osw stuff so where are u located

LAW
    North Western New Jersey, On the NYS border,what about you?

how did i know that i bet that dog of ur's back tracks to my buddy ralphs kennels im up in that area often , but im in delaware . that was why i listed white knight kennels in Nj to see if it would ring a bell to u, they are located in howel nj i have spent alot of time training dogs out there in that area .
    Last edited by doghunter; 09-06-2005 at 02:48 PM.

LAW
    I don't remember the name of the Kennel where she came from nor do I have her papers anywhere that I can find them. She is definately not show quality and I never intended to breed her. Her face is a bit narrower then it should be. Now that she is older she is totally obese.

yeah the real working stock is not like the show dogs and what u look for in active working breeds is a little different than a show dog but i bet in her younger days she was not that bad

LAW
    She was ok, I researched a lot about them and she looked more like a AB when she was young. I just wish she had bladder control (she needs depends) My hw floors are all warped cause she just can't hold it anymore. I hate to put her down but it gets a bit much with her drinking so much water and peeing like a river all over the house when she looses control or while she is sleeping. 10 puppies, geez that's a handful

yeah we will be okay its the not the largest litter i have had the thirteen or the sixteen was unreal they destroyed my yard , lol and some pants on mine by the age of 8wks , i know it sucks to put an old partner down but sometimes u have to do whats best for the whole situation

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Shoot me a pm on price for females and males.

u have a pm

Thread Information