Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Il look into it.

does anyone know anything about Rhodiola rosea ("golden root" or "Arctic root")

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    I have taken Rhodiola Rosea before. Its supposed to improve mood, work performance, sexual enhancement, eliminate fatigue, etc. I didn't do much for me though. I think i may have not taken a high enough dose. I may try it again Also, alot of good feedback from it
    Last edited by MatrixGuy; 09-07-2005 at 03:27 PM.

I have heard good things aswell. How much did you take`?

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    I took 2 capsules per day, as instructed, which was 700mg. Never really found out what was "optimum" dosage.

chino777 is offline Junior Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by gymnutt
    No thanks! Last time I did hypnotherapy I woke up and my pants were unzipped!
    I didn't meant you should go to a hypnotist, i meant you should try autohypnosis.

Do you know the feeling when a thought comes to your mind makes your heartbeat rise whithin a few seconds? It comes out of your mind and it is trainable.
    Actors for example learn to cry or to laugh whenever they want to. To do that, they practice to recall memories for all kinds of moods.
    If you are able to finde a memorie or whatever that makes your heart rate go up you won't fall asleep.

Here is a link: Getting started with self hypnosis
    And if you now think something like "self hypnosis? never ever!" just try to figure out that everyone is doing it unconscious (and advertisement is based on it!).

For example, if you convince yourself to go to workout (and not to sit at home watching tv) you are using a kind of autohypnosis.
    Last edited by chino777; 09-08-2005 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chino777
    I didn't meant you should go to a hypnotist, i meant you should try autohypnosis.

Do you know the feeling when a thought comes to your mind makes your heartbeat rise whithin a few seconds? It comes out of your mind and it is trainable.
    Actors for example learn to cry or to laugh whenever they want to. To do that, they practice to recall memories for all kinds of moods.
    If you are able to finde a memorie or whatever that makes your heart rate go up you won't fall asleep.

Here is a link: Getting started with self hypnosis
    And if you now think something like "self hypnosis? never ever!" just try to figure out that everyone is doing it unconscious (and advertisement is based on it!).

For example, if you convince yourself to go to workout (and not to sit at home watching tv) you are using a kind of autohypnosis.
    thanks bro Il check that link out

big an rich is offline Associate Member
    I was exactly the same when I was at uni, never mind what I did to remedy the situation. i have a feeling that lectures etc are supposed to be like that. Nature created them that way so only the true heros get the best grades.
    I'm not sure what grades I got as I was asleep during the awards ceremony but I'm sure I did ok.

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    thanks bro Il check that link out
    u better watch out, think about the wrong thing and u will bust a nut right there in class.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Big line of coke!!

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns101
    Big line of coke!!
    I find that heroin works much better.

towup is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    On lectures I CONSTANTLY struggle not to fall asleep. If Im like reading on my own or working with physics problems I have endless energy.

But the moment I sit down on a lecture and start taking notes and listening to the different professors I fall asleep. Even when they talk about stuff that fascinates me. No matter how much I sleep during the night.

This is getting to the point that it seriously hinders my ability to learn. I constantly doze off and then wake up and have to try and catch up on the notes and on the lecture and then I drift away again. No matter how hard I strain agains the sleep I fall asleep and when I manage to stay awake I cant focuse on anything else then staying awake. Its ****ing hopeless.

Does anyone else have this problem? what the hell can I do to get energy? It cant be lack of carbs, it cant be any mineral or vitamin deficiency, like I mentioned earlier it doesnt seem to be because of lack of sleep. Especialy not considering I never get sleepy when I read on my own.

and plz dont suggest ephedra or coffein. My stomach cant handle coffein and I get anxious from it and ephedra screws with my heart so they are out of the picture.

I need to fix this soon god damn it

Check out some phentermine man those used to help me when i took them.

Quote Originally Posted by towup
    Check out some phentermine man those used to help me when i took them.
    Isnt that amphetamine? I would be a junkie in a week on those lol

I have started to force myself to handle caffein.

Today I tried my own super energy drink lol. I big bowl of coffe mixed with green tea. I put that down into a shaker, pour as much milk on as there is caffe. Add some cocoa and 3 scoops of whey protein and a decent ammount of fructose powder and sweeteners and some baking soda to make it easier on the stomach. Mix it all upp and drink some every break. Keeps me awake all the time but I have heartburns today blah.

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sure if this was mentioned. But I've heard a lot of guys are using acetyl-l-carnitine to help them focus during workouts. Maybe that would help you focus more in class.

sounds like a idea. I cant get alcar here though never seen it in sweden only the regular l cariniten

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Ritalin or another kind of amphetamine substance is the only way to stay awake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information