Thread: Time for salsa!

SHAOKAHN is offline Member

Time for salsa!

My second bloom this year of habanero peppers came out nicely...Ready for roasting...There are only a few left because of friends/family...Still, enough to entertain a few with salsa, Margaritas and whatnot...Def not something I do very often anymore.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Time for salsa!-heat.jpg  

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAOKAHN
    My second bloom this year of habanero peppers came out nicely...Ready for roasting...There are only a few left because of friends/family...Still, enough to entertain a few with salsa, Margaritas and whatnot...Def not something I do very often anymore.

....We string some of our habaneros up, let them dry, and crush a couple of them up in a pot of soup during the wintertime.....
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Anna Bollick is offline Juiced Shemale Rescue Hooker
    Girl, it simply won't do to serve salsa made from straight habaneros. You have no balance, no melange of complementary flavors and aroma. Try adding some chipotles or regular jalapenos, or maybe serranos. Don't skimp on the tomatillos and cilantro and lime.

Anna Bollick
    Juiced Shemale Rescue Hooker

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    ....We string some of our habaneros up, let them dry, and crush a couple of them up in a pot of soup during the wintertime.....

Sounds good esp in a cold climate. What kind of soup(s) are we talking about here? I could love a recipie...hint... hint...

-shaokahn-

[QUOTE=Anna Bollick] "It simply won't do to serve salsa made from straight habaneros". ...absolutley agree!)

-shaokahn-

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAOKAHN
    Sounds good esp in a cold climate. What kind of soup(s) are we talking about here? I could love a recipie...hint... hint...

-shaokahn-

.....Well, my wife generally just decides it's time to make some soup and starts cooking....She never uses a recipe..
    ...But I think dried peppers go good in about any soup....Chicken gumbo....Chili ( made with chili beans, dark kidney beans, AND black beans)..Vegetable beef...., etc.....
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-10-2005 at 07:50 AM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Thread Information