Wake Chick is offline Female Member

Angry Biggest Turn-Off...

This morning I was at the gym working on bench when these 2 HUGE guys walked in. They had really big, and toned upper bodies. You could tell they work out alot, and have alot of strength and it looked good, I was impressed. However, when I got down to the legs, Pitiful!! Talk about chicken legs, I'd be suprised if they could put up the bar when squatting!! (not that bad, but you get my point)...Dude, I just wanted to laugh at them, plus thats soo not atttractive. At least be a little proportionate. Sorry, but that has been bothering me all day. Anyone else feel that way??

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Gotta have wheels!! That's your base. Mine are lacking, but I agree with you!

peace,

ttgb

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    Seems to be a problem, I find myself sometimes skipping leg day. Guess I should stop that eh?

A_Nice is offline Associate Member
    My partner always skips leg day.. Whenever I see a guy that looks like that i'll always jab a "YEP THATS GONNA BE YOU!" at him..

hehe, he doesn't like that.

Trying~ Gotta have wheels?? What does that mean??

GChild~ Yeah, whatever you do, please don't end up like them!! haha
    Just kidding. Sometimes legs r a pain in the ass, but it's worth it!!
    Wake chicks- We make your boat look good.

Natural~ You know you like checking them out!! Uhhh just kidding, lets hope not!! Even though they can be hard workouts, I still love that feeling the next day when they are tight or sore!! Ohhhh makes me want to go do some squats!!

jleighty17 is offline Associate Member
    see im the opposite my wheels are by far one of my best body parts so i love to work them out its the only thing i can do with the "big guys" so im always down to do legs
    JLI

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    I've been trying to keep my legs up to the same level as my upper body. And I'm getting there! Legs deserve just as much attention!!! It does amuse me how people think that body building is all upper body!!!!!

Uconish is offline Member
    Its funny because they know their legs are TINY because they always where pants yet they do nothing about it Dont these guys ever look at themselves in the mirror and think "what the f*ck i better start squatting"

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Originally posted by G Child
    Seems to be a problem, I find myself sometimes skipping leg day. Guess I should stop that eh?
    tsk tsk tsk !

I too have noticed that way too many of our Gym Rat brothers seem to think that a squat rack is for barbell curls and not for sqautting !

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Canes4Ever
    I too have noticed that way too many of our Gym Rat brothers seem to think that a squat rack is for barbell curls and not for sqautting !
    I hear ya bro! I've noticed the same thing....

Kasushi sakuraba is offline Junior Member
    I got a buddy like that. He has an upper body like a god and his legs look like they can't even hold the weight of his big upper body! Gotta have legs!

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    i see that alot also. what everyone fails to understand is that doing heavy squats will add mass to your entire body, yes, even the arms. you cant have a complete physique without squats. and if you have no legs and an even average upper body, you look bad. gotta have legs....

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Don't forget the deads. They don't have to be superheavy for 1-2 reps. I usually do em for 6-12. Squats & Deads will add muscle to ones physique. .PRONTO.

The only thing I see people do for legs is extensions and curls. This one guy at my gym, who I call the Terminator (he strolls in every day wearing a black wife beater, long black shorts, black shoes, jet black spiked hair, tattoos all over, and Terminator black sunglasses) has never done one set of anything for legs. . .ever. All he does is benchpress and do lat pulldowns, That's it! No calves, no biceps, no triceps, and you know what??? His body sure shows it! Buck forty soaking wet, his bench hasn't improved in 6 months. How do I know? Because he always strolls in with his pimp strut as I am hitting some cardio. I watch him, he gets a plate and a nickel and has a hernia throwing up 2 half-assed reps. Oh well, more muscle for me! (Soon, I hope)

Originally posted by PaPaPumP
    Don't forget the deads. They don't have to be superheavy for 1-2 reps. I usually do em for 6-12. Squats & Deads will add muscle to ones physique. .PRONTO.

Big to this PapaPump. The first 6 months I worked out I wasn't making any gains whatsoever. I went back to the drawing board and figured out that if I included squats and deads maybe that would be the trick.

Guess what ? I put on 20 lbs in 2 ½ years, and my legs added 1½ inches and chest 2 inches. I don't have a doubt that the squats and deads was the missing ingrediant.

Destructo is offline Associate Member
    I may be a little harsh, but I think that anyone who doesn't build legs is a w*ss. Especially if they've done a cycle. Period.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Besides looking like an idiot, legs also help out all the other body parts. Since it is the largest muscle group, the bigger it is the more fat you will burn. It will also improve many of your other exercises in the process.

Gotta be rollin on dubs instead of donuts.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Agreement here as well, I didn't work out my legs for the first year of training and I've suffered greatly for it.

BigD is offline Associate Member
    I will admit it, here lately I have been skipping legs. I've been heavy on the cardio and every time I do legs I find myself barley able to walk the next day, making it difficult to do cardio. I know I know, that is no excuse, tomorrow is leg day for me and I’m not gonna skip it!

ironmike7000 is offline Associate Member
    I don't see why anybody would want to skip working out their legs.....hell that's half your body!

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Good point mike, working legs gets to be fun after a bit, nothing forces you to push harder in gym.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    I agree with everybody about the wheels. The problem I run into is that I really seem to overdo it on leg day. Then I hurt soooo bad I dred it for the next time. I tell myself to take it easy the next time, but we all know how that goes. Especially my hamstrings. They seem weak as hell to me and I always stress the hell out of them and hurt like a mofo for next week. I'll learn patience one of these days - maybe.

peace,

ttgb

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    I have long ass legs, so it has been hard for me to add size to them. I do qwork them out (even though it is not my favorite day). I'm trying, so hopefully people won't flame me. I wear long shorts until I can get my legs bigger. Hopwfully after this cycle they will have gottne bigger. Fingers crossed!!!

OH MY GOD!! They were there again today doing curls for like an hour!! I dont know how much longer I'm going to be able to go without saying anything to them. Would that be rude??

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    ahh, telling them that they need to do legs wont make them do it. just smile and walk by.....

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    Skipping leg day is a big mistake. There is nothing like the feeling after a hard leg workout. Can't walk for days, can't climb stairs without holding on to the rail. What is there not to love about that?

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    unfortunately, some of us are genetically deficient in the lower body area. I got skinny ass legs, nothing i can do bout it, cept work my ass off (pun intended). Unfortunately, after tearing a muscle in my back playing basketball, i can no longer do deadlifts or power cleans. This really sucks cause I had my power cleans up to 225. Oh well, more squats for me I suppose.

$uperman is offline Member
    Originally posted by Wake Chick
    OH MY GOD!! They were there again today doing curls for like an hour!! I dont know how much longer I'm going to be able to go without saying anything to them. Would that be rude??
    actually.... a ladies opinion might get their ass in gear. i cant see all of you in your pic but from what i can you seem like a attractive gurl. if a attractive gurl told me something like... ( hey , if your legs caught up w/ your upper body youd be perfect ) id take that as friendly advise and start hitting legs. just dont blunt about it , just give them a hint ya know.
    Last edited by $uperman; 05-13-2002 at 07:17 PM.

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    Originally posted by Canes4Ever
    Canes has spent some time in the gym, the squat rack is more often used as a platrom to curl off of in most gyms. However there is one gym in my area, hardcore PL, where if you get caught curling in the squat rack the owner would probably kick your ass out of the gym. Ha Ha

Originally posted by Dr. Derek

Canes has spent some time in the gym, the squat rack is more often used as a platrom to curl off of in most gyms. However there is one gym in my area, hardcore PL, where if you get caught curling in the squat rack the owner would probably kick your ass out of the gym. Ha Ha
    Good for him bro, Dr. D tell that gym owner he has a fan in me !

latman49 is offline Member
    This may just be me, but legs are the only body part that I get "high" from working. When I do legs, I have so much adrenaline and so many endorphines flowing, I get kind of a buzz, especially on heavy leg press sets. Anyone else get this high? Then again, I also get enjoyment from jabbing toothpicks into my gums until they bleed. Gotta love endorphines, the natural opium!!

Latman~ I totally feel you on the legs!! But,were you really serious about the toothpicks??

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    In agreement here. I got the skinny genes so it is tough. I am working hard on my legs now, and I like the workouts but the legs just suck big time. Ever see how big Mike Tyson is and then you look at the lower legs and just say, what the hell happened? That is how I feel, genetics is hard to beat. I'm trying.

Sema is offline Associate Member
    I agree too, but i just hate doing them ..., really should find me a decent leg workout

Thread Information