chest6 is offline Banned

when it says 12..its 12

I just ran across the street (yes ran) to get 2 sandwiches from my dining hall. The lady was being all bitchy to me when I asked if they were still open. They close at midnight and it was 1150. people...when you close at midnight..be prepared to serve someone at 1159..damn.
    Thats my pointless thread for yesterday (8 minutes dont count).

devil1 is offline Jacked Jarhead
    i feel your pain, its like breakfast at McDonalds!

decadbal is offline Banned
    poor lazy old lady, u know she wants to go home and take her geritol and go to bed..

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    poor lazy old lady, u know she wants to go home and take her geritol and go to bed..
    yup..and she wasnt even old. She was like mid20s. I dunno if employees go to the school or what..

most of them do.. then there are the rare winners that decide to make it a career

chest6 is offline Banned
    yea..couple 60yr old+

Anna Bollick is offline Juiced Shemale Rescue Hooker
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    yup..and she wasnt even old. She was like mid20s. I dunno if employees go to the school or what..
    If I were in your place, I would do my best to ensure that she is no LONGER an employee of the school. There is simply no excuse for not doing your job, especially for refusing to do your job during your normal working hours.

Huffily indignant
    Anna Bollick
    Juiced Shemale Rescue Hooker

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    thats life...
    you get crazy ppl these days lol

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    If i worked there id try n close early too, the earlier u close, the more food left for u to eat!!!

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesC
    If i worked there id try n close early too, the earlier u close, the more food left for u to eat!!!
    true

CRUISECONTROL is offline Post Whore Extraordinaire Cruising On Autopilot
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    I just ran across the street (yes ran) to get 2 sandwiches from my dining hall. The lady was being all bitchy to me when I asked if they were still open. They close at midnight and it was 1150. people...when you close at midnight..be prepared to serve someone at 1159..damn.
    Thats my pointless thread for yesterday (8 minutes dont count).

wahhhhhhhhhhhhh

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Bollick
    If I were in your place, I would do my best to ensure that she is no LONGER an employee of the school. There is simply no excuse for not doing your job, especially for refusing to do your job during your normal working hours.

Huffily indignant
    Anna Bollick

Wow, a hooker with a work ethic.

Anna Bollick is offline Juiced Shemale Rescue Hooker
    Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    Wow, a hooker with a work ethic.
    Why now? We are, after all, known as "working girls".

Anna Bollick

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Apparently you guys have never worked in food service. I used to work at restaurant, and everyone would do all their closing duties, and clean up, and get ready to go home after a long and grueling 8 hour shift with no break. Then some dooshbag would bring try and impress his girl by bringing her into our cheap POS restaurant 5 minutes before closing, and because of 2 customers about 10 employees would have to stay later. This is a different case, cant be that difficult to make a sandwich. But my point is bros, dont be that dooshbag......

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    LOL college! God I miss all the ass there can i move it with you?

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    silly wabbit. Restaurant and bar time are the same. bout 15 minutes fast.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    Apparently you guys have never worked in food service. I used to work at restaurant, and everyone would do all their closing duties, and clean up, and get ready to go home after a long and grueling 8 hour shift with no break. Then some dooshbag would bring try and impress his girl by bringing her into our cheap POS restaurant 5 minutes before closing, and because of 2 customers about 10 employees would have to stay later. This is a different case, cant be that difficult to make a sandwich. But my point is bros, dont be that dooshbag......
    i wasnt tryin to be a doosh bag. It was 1150 and it was 2 sandwiches that take 30 seconds. Its not like I had her make me 5 full meals and I didnt ask her to turn the toaster thing back on either.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member

Man I used to wokr in a restaurant and I'd be so fvcking pissed when people came in that late.....Brutal.

i always try to not go at the last min to get food, sometimes u have to.. so i try to get something easy, that doesnt require alot of effort, it sucks when your tired and wanna go home, and someone comes in, but its your job, you chose it and you can replace it if it really bothers you that much.

likewize is offline Junior Member
    Yes, but let's not overlook the facts. If you are paid by the hour, you work until your shift is up...period...Awwww, so sorry that you decided to work at a restaurant or whatever, but if the sign says "open til' 12:00" and you close at 11:50, you are gonna have some angry people...

likewize is offline Junior Member
    shit...I went to the liquor store one night. I swear I drove 25 minutes (and gas was $2.75/gallon) and got there with about 10 minutes to spare before close. I walked up to the door, and the guy was locking it as he watched me walk up...I was like, "Bro, look at the clock!!!" And this asshole just shrugged his shoulders at me...So on my way back to my car, I noticed there was only one other car in the parking lot (must have been his) so i pissed on the door handle and left...lolololol

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Fast food is cool cause its fast. But try woking in a restaurant, long ass shift, end of the night kitchen closes in 10 min and some fvckhead walks in. The you gotta get everything back out and serve the ****s even if you are open past the time stated on the door. Sucks!

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Fast food is cool cause its fast. But try woking in a restaurant, long ass shift, end of the night kitchen closes in 10 min and some fvckhead walks in. The you gotta get everything back out and serve the ****s even if you are open past the time stated on the door. Sucks!
    So im a fvckhead for getting hungry late at night and making them take 2 seconds to make a sandwich? They get paid by the hour, it closes at 12..not 1150. I could have been a dick and make them turn the oven on and make them run it through. It prolly took no more than 2 minutes to make those 2 sandwiches and put them in a to go box.

devil1 is offline Jacked Jarhead
    12 means 12, if they want to close earlier they should say 11:50

I agree, 12 means 12... period.

Christ, I work for the government, unionized to the hilt... not in a shitty burger king job... and when a citizen walks in to my office at 11h55, I serve him and give him the time he needs... no matter if my lunch hour starts at noon... I just have to take my lunch later.

And it's the same when I finish my day at 19h00, if I get dispatched to a call at 18h50 I go. Granted I do get overtime for that BUT it's a budgeted expense for my department.

Should be the same for a restaurant. If the restaurant claims to be open until midnight and they know it takes 30 minutes to clean up and shut down, then the employees shifts should end at 0h30 and they should be paid accordingly. If not then they should advertize the restaurant to be open until 23h30!

Red

G-13 is offline Member
    well, would you have really wanted one of their midnight sandwhiches?

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup

Christ, I work for the government, unionized to the hilt... not in a shitty burger king job... and when a citizen walks in to my office at 11h55, I serve him and give him the time he needs... no matter if my lunch hour starts at noon... I just have to take my lunch later.

And it's the same when I finish my day at 19h00, if I get dispatched to a call at 18h50 I go. Granted I do get overtime for that BUT it's a budgeted expense for my department.

Should be the same for a restaurant. If the restaurant claims to be open until midnight and they know it takes 30 minutes to clean up and shut down, then the employees shifts should end at 0h30 and they should be paid accordingly. If not then they should advertize the restaurant to be open until 23h30!

Red

this is what im talking about..hell yes
    Quote Originally Posted by devil1
    12 means 12, if they want to close earlier they should say 11:50
    dito

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by G-13
    well, would you have really wanted one of their midnight sandwhiches?
    im hungry all the time..i dont quite have the full selection yet in my dorm..i never got around to making some grilled chicken..its driving me crazy..thats my fav protein source and my other protein sources of late r making me fat..really damn fat

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Nobodys givin you $hit for getting a sandwich 10 mintues before closing. Im talking about a sit down restaurant. And believe me, with all the $hit that we would have to put up with alllllll fvcking night from a$$hole customers, its pretty gay when some bitch comes up 5 mintues before closing to eat for an hour.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup

Red
    That's just about exactly where I was going. I'm a transit mechanic. When shit breaks down and they send me out to the call, I go. No whining. If it's near the end of my shift, I get over time. If I'm out there and they give me another one, I'll go. I'll work four hours like that before I complain. At four hours, that's my limit. So, an hour before it's four hours of over time, I'll remind them that I need to clock out and go home. By that time the next shift should be ready to start the service calls. My city's cracking down on OT.

Raven8264 is offline Junior Member
    You guys are talking about 2 dfnt things. If it were a sit-down restaurant and someone came in at 11:50 to sit and eat, I would politely remind them, "uh guys just so you know before you order, we're locking up in 10min, so "to-go" would probably be the best way to go..unless you just like eating really really fast *grin*".

If they have an attitude about it, f' em! Closed is closed, not a way to sneak in at 11:59 and sit for an hour b/c you beat the clock.

Nobodys givin you $hit for getting a sandwich 10 mintues before closing. Im talking about a sit down restaurant. And believe me, with all the $hit that we would have to put up with alllllll fvcking night from a$$hole customers, its pretty gay when some bitch comes up 5 mintues before closing to eat for an hour.

Thread Information