bigJJ is offline Member

New Orleans jobs?

Hey gang,

Does anyone have any real info on what kind of jobs might be available down there now? Any organizations that are actively recruiting people for these jobs? I've been looking at the FEMA website and haven't found anything yet. Any idea who the contractors are?

I'm certain that it would be some hideous hard labor, but I'm not scared of that. (Dead bodies and alligators might give me some pause, but not the labor.)

I've just been hearing some damn good numbers about wages being paid, and I'm thinking I might need to take advantage of that for a few months. I run a small business online and it wouldn't be hard to just shut it down for a while.

Any thoughts?

gymnutt is offline Associate Member
    Take a peak at Craigslist JJ. Most of the postings I saw where offers of help for people to relocate elsewhere, but they did have a need for medical, security, and tradesmen. Good luck.

LoggedOut is offline Junior Member
    Im in the construction supervision field.... Last week a friend of mine got setup cutting fallen trees and tree debri thats in the way of streets walks etc.... thats all he is allowed to do 8 hours a day ...... $500 bux a day.... done and done

Anna Bollick is offline Juiced Shemale Rescue Hooker
    Girl, security jobs pay poorly in New Orleans, even in times like these. Best bet is to get a job with Entergy, the local power company, or any waste removal services, or start your own, or get into construction work. A log of homes will have to be razed in some areas, particularly out in Chalmette, where a refinery leak left two square miles covered with oily goop and the houses will probably all be condemned. Roofers will have all the work they can stand. Same with auto and commercial vehicle mechanics. Sewer workers will be in big demand. All medical staff will be needed.

Check out nola.com for more stuff.

Love
    Anna Bollick
    J.S.R.H.
    (Juiiced Shemale Rescue Hooker)

bigJJ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LoggedOut
    Im in the construction supervision field.... Last week a friend of mine got setup cutting fallen trees and tree debri thats in the way of streets walks etc.... thats all he is allowed to do 8 hours a day ...... $500 bux a day.... done and done
    Damn. I could use something like that!

Thanks guys (and Anna). I'm digging through those sites now.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    People who know how to make mud huts are wanted most.........................bad joke couldnt pass it up though.

Thread Information