Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member

A question about building a rep

Hey gang,

I have a hopefully not lame question to ask.

As we all know, security is something we MUST be aware of. No way around that at all.

My question is how do you build a rep in the scene? Im not begging for sources or anything, i just want to be a part of the scene and i figured i might as well ask.

I have been using the same nick on all the boards. hehe if you read alot of them you will know how newbie i am.

But i am reading contantly and learning all i can (imagine that FAQ's are helpful hehe)

Any tips would be great.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    I don't get what you mean. A rep in what scene? In these boards? If that's what your asking, well it's simple. Stick around for a long time, ask questions, read EVERYTHING there is to read, and start helping other people, newbies, etc...and that will give you a reputation amongst the other members.

If that wasn't what you meant, then sorry, I have no idea.

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I'm a little confused as to what you mean too. If you're refering to AR, then take the advice that Terinox gave. Read, search, and learn all you can. Enjoy AR and help other members out as much as you can. Your "rep" will reflect just that...how you represent yourself. Welcome aboard AR, bro! Keep lifting hard!!!!!

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Be helpfull and dont flame.........

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    I think I understand what you mean.

You wish to be a big man around AR and the other boards ? Well just read, learn discuss (without flaming) and be NICE and HELPFUL to others.

I don't have a whole lot of experience lifting and am still a virgin regarding gear, but I (hopefully) enjoy some of the good wishes of the posters on the board.

AR can be a very fun place with some really INCREDIBLY nice and wonderful people, many of which I have come to love (I know I am all sensitive and mushy ) in a way.

Hang around and welcome to AR

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Re: A question about building a rep

Originally posted by Buddha_Red
    My question is how do you build a rep in the scene? . . . i just want to be a part of the scene and i figured i might as well ask.
    A "rep in the scene?" Oh, right, you must mean the great underground anabolic conspiracy. Um, homey.

Well, before you go to the gym next time, put a Band-Aid on each of your delts (upper arms), glutes (butt), and quads (outside of the upper leg). That will make it look like you just gave yourself six injections.

And put some dark gray makeup on one of your butt cheeks and upper arms around the Band-Aids - make it look like bruises. That will make it look like you botched up two of your shots, so people will think you have paid your dues by screwing up a self-injection.

Then, when all the other roid jocks see you, they'll come up and slap you silly to welcome you to the deep, dark, underground world of roids, and you will have a "rep in the scene." Just don't fall over when they slap you, or they'll know that you're faking it.

Next week, the secret handshake . . .

Welcome to the board, Buddha_Red.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    LOL i loved that reply. havent laughed like that in a couple days.

the whole reason i asked was some threads i have read just rip newbies apart and call them feds. i just dont like that and wanted to know the ropes.

thank you for all the feedback. I planned on doing all that but its nice to know what yall think.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Read, learn, and help. Welcome to the board. Great place, Greater members.
    Holy roid reputations Batman
    TNT-I've done the above stated and they didn't know I was faking. Send over the handshake.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I think what he is referring to could be stated this way:

"how do I get well known and trusted enough on the boards so when I PM Mods to ask for a source, they actually answer me back (with a hook up)"

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Originally posted by CYCLEON
    I think what he is referring to could be stated this way:

"how do I get well known and trusted enough on the boards so when I PM Mods to ask for a source, they actually answer me back (with a hook up)"

I think that is what he was trying to say. Copy me on the email when you send the answer to him!!! lol!

Welcome to AR buddhared.

peace,
    ttgb

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Buddha_Red
    the whole reason i asked was some threads i have read just rip newbies apart and call them feds. i just dont like that and wanted to know the ropes.
    You mentioned thaty ou have been on several other boards, and many of those boards allow flaming and source posting - two things that don't happen here at A.R.

There was one thread I recall from the other day in which a couple of guys mentioned the possibility that a newbie might be a fed. Of course that's a possibility, just as it's a possibility that a long-timer might be a fed. Thats part of the AS game and, as I recall, I responded that just because one is paranoid does not mean that there is not a reason to be.

But here at A.R., we're getting upwards of 20 new mamber per day. Some of them will stay around for the long haul, others will pop in occasionally, and some will choose never to come back after they have found (or not found) what they're looking for. And some of them may be feds - and they are as welcome here as anyone else. They might become juicers.

You took my jibe well, Buddah_Red. So in my book, even though you may have never juiced, you're already part of the scene.

Thread Information