PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin

Opposite Sex Board Rules Discussion

Ok everyone, I just got off the phone with Dizzy a little while ago. We decided that we should discuss some basic rules with all of the members. After I get the members input, the mods and I will discuss it next week and decide what will be done next with the board and what rules will apply.

Here is an example:

If there is a thread started, it should be able to be discussed by both males and females (meaning, no threads asking how big is your penis. )

I also feel that the opposite sex board is about letting the males and females educate one another. Not everyone has someone of the opposite sex that they can ask questions to. If there is more intelligent conversation, more females will be willing to help the guys. Females were more willing to help at first then they are now. I believe one of the reasons for that is that the content got worse as time went on and they just stopped visiting.

Once we have established rules, they will be enforced. I want the members to back me up on the rules of this board just like they do the source posting on the anabolics board. The mods will remove inappropriate posts at their discretion and I don't want a debate every time it happens.

Ok everyone, speak your mind.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Sounds GREAT to me! What more could we ask for? Well....nevermind.

peace,

ttgb

NightOp is offline Member
    absolutely.. I agree.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    9natural9 I,ll be watching you lol

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Sounds good to me! We'll all help out keeping the board on a respectable level!!!!

Lil D is offline Junior Member
    Sounds good, so wise up everyone.

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    Iv never even looked in the opposite sex board but your ideas are quite right - ALL members, male or female should get the same level of respect and those rules should be enforced constantly - Thats one of the reasons that this is my fave board.

You should also make sure that everyone (In this case especially the female members) are aware of the "Report This Post" link, perhaps even turn it into a larger, more visible button. We cant expect mods to be in all the forums all of the time so this would help greatly. (It was AGES before I even noticed the link!)

Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Question What about gay/transgendered questions ?

Will discussion be allowed on gay and transgendered subjects ? And of course I think we all understand that the questions would have to follow the typical guidelines of male/female exchanges...i.e. no flaming or sexual innuendo allowed.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Re: What about gay/transgendered questions ?

Originally posted by Canes4Ever
    Will discussion be allowed on gay and transgendered subjects?
    Transgendered? Transgendered???

(There are so many places I could go with this . . .)

Relax, Canes. If it were not allowed, I'd be the first one to join you out the door.

Well, alright, the second one to join you out the door. I wouldn't want to come between you and B.G.
    Last edited by TNT; 05-02-2002 at 04:26 AM.

Destructo is offline Associate Member
    This is a site I come to for discussion of AS and their effects so I can improve my athletic prowess and my physique. I don't understand why someone would come here to post pre-pubescent jargon.

Re: What about gay/transgendered questions ?

Originally posted by Canes4Ever
    Will discussion be allowed on gay and transgendered subjects ? And of course I think we all understand that the questions would have to follow the typical guidelines of male/female exchanges...i.e. no flaming or sexual innuendo allowed.
    Sure it will be allowed. I just would like it to be a topic that everyone, males and females, could discuss. I don't know, I am trying to think of examples either way, but it will be general discussion.

Everyone, don't get tied up in the "Sex" part of the name of the board. This is suppose to be more than just sex talk. It is a general discussion between males and females, in which each other wants varying opinions.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, please keep it up.

Re: Re: What about gay/transgendered questions ?

Originally posted by TNT
    Transgendered? Transgendered???

(There are so many places I could go with this . . .)

Relax, Canes. If it were not allowed, I'd be the first one to join you out the door.

Well, alright, the second one to join you out the door. I wouldn't want to come between you and B.G.
    Thanks TNT, I knew I could count on your support. I included transgendered because they are often overlooked. I feel we should be all inclusive if we have the board at all.

Like I have said before, for me, if Jason decides not to have the Op Sex board, I still will love AR just as much. It's nice to have it, but its not a necessary feature.

Re: Re: What about gay/transgendered questions ?

Originally posted by PTbyJason

Sure it will be allowed. I just would like it to be a topic that everyone, males and females, could discuss. I don't know, I am trying to think of examples either way, but it will be general discussion.

Everyone, don't get tied up in the "Sex" part of the name of the board. This is suppose to be more than just sex talk. It is a general discussion between males and females, in which each other wants varying opinions.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, please keep it up.
    Great Jason, by the way bro, I shot ya a PM on another subject yesterday, was wondering if you have had a chance to read it ?

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Destructo
    This is a site I come to for discussion of AS and their effects so I can improve my athletic prowess and my physique. I don't understand why someone would come here to post pre-pubescent jargon.
    No flame intended "D" but alot of our members participate in the "Opps sex" and "General" forums because it allows them to interact with other members on topics other than AAS and training, diet etc...It is more of a social climate and I think, if used properly, it can be a useful tool in building a stronger family. However, I know there are MANY who never stray from the "Anabolic forums" or the "fitness forums" and that's cool too. I feel the main strength of "Anabolic Review" is, was and always will be it's ability to help people out with their questions on various topics. If you look at the post counts the "Anabolic Forum" by far has the heaviest traffic and always will. People get the answers they're looking for and nobody gets flamed for asking. Again bro, no flame, just stating our reasons for these forums.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I'll back the rules and the Mods. on enforcing them. The diversity of topics discussed in a respectful nature is the reason why this board is so great. Bring on the guidelines and they will be followed.

BigD is offline Associate Member
    I support the board which ever way it decides to go. The knowledge gained from this place will keep me coming back no matter what happens.

shonuff is offline Associate Member
    i think for a board were your can ask question to da opposite sex some rules would be ok, a Opposite Sex board were u can ask questions like"my girl just left me i need advice from a female" those kinds of questions but NO sexual explicit responses or references..but i also think u should have just a Sex board where people can talk about "ANYTHING". I mean come-on guys we r all adults here if u don’t wanna read about something then dont go on the Sex board if they decide to make one,sexual explicit subjects and references should be kept in the Sex board only so if someone happens to read about a ref to somebody’s else’s "penis size" or whateva then they cant cry and complain about it cause they went on that board on there on free will.
    When bigkev made da post about celbs look alikes and penis size was brought up that was wrong and shouldnt have happened he had everyright to be upset.but there should be a board where stuff like that is ok to say. just my 2 cents.

Mrs. T is offline Female Member
    There have been a lot of threads in Opp. Sex where people have genuinely wanted advice from members of the opposite sex or older, more experienced members on how to handle situations new to them, or to comfort them in times of pain, or to simply learn more about the things that make all of us who and what we are. I have shared a little in those and learned a little as well.

There have also been some of the goofiest, uncalled for junk in some of them. I have generally just chosen to pass them by, but folks need to consider that there are some VERY YOUNG people who also come here to pick up info. It MAY be in poor taste for them to be told that threesomes are cool, drinking body fluids is good for you, sex with total strangers is a cool sport ... Freedom of Speech is a right I never question, but we are also responsible for what we teach kids. Good taste is never out of style. JMO
    Mrs. T
    "We can change the world when we change ourselves. And the energy of our consciousness, like the energy of all light, continues into the eternity. When there is light in the soul there will be beauty in the person. When there is beauty in the person there will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home there will order in the nation. When there is order in the nation there will be peace in the world."
    - Chinese Proverb

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    i oppose this forum. we have a general forum, if it cant be posted there, it is probably inapropriate. if this forum is brought back, i can assure everyone, i will police it like the gestapo....

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    If that won't keep everybody in line then the forum should be gotten rid of!!!! lol
    We have a second chance everybody - DON'T SCREW IT UP!!!!

peace,

ttgb

righton is offline Senior Member
    Everyone that replied to this already know the unwritten rules about how to conduct themselves in a respectable manner. I just hope that some of the verbably flamboyant people could do the same.

Dizzy is offline Banned
    I think maturity should be the main focus.

I like Shonuff's idea about the straight sex forum as well. But I don't see that happening. LOL.

I'm glad that most of the others...so far...feel the same as I do about the forum. It was a great addition to the board and I can't wait to make my first post there.

Now that I've answered every question I know about steriods at least ten times. It will be a nice "break" to be able to chat with the female members about certain things.

But remember...if it isn't tasteful...most of them won't reply. And what would be the point of an opposite sex forum if noone of the opposite sex posts.

Originally posted by Dizzy
    But remember...if it isn't tasteful...most of them won't reply. And what would be the point of an opposite sex forum if noone of the opposite sex posts.

Originally posted by Mrs. T
    There have been a lot of threads in Opp. Sex where people have genuinely wanted advice from members of the opposite sex or older, more experienced members on how to handle situations new to them, or to comfort them in times of pain, or to simply learn more about the things that make all of us who and what we are. I have shared a little in those and learned a little as well.

There have also been some of the goofiest, uncalled for junk in some of them. I have generally just chosen to pass them by, but folks need to consider that there are some VERY YOUNG people who also come here to pick up info. It MAY be in poor taste for them to be told that threesomes are cool, drinking body fluids is good for you, sex with total strangers is a cool sport ... Freedom of Speech is a right I never question, but we are also responsible for what we teach kids. Good taste is never out of style. JMO
    Amen sister !

daveroth is offline Banned
    I know that my opinion probably won't mean squat..but Ill give it a shot anyway. I know that in a recent post all I did was complement someones avatar by saying bump. Thus, only complementing the individuals hard work and my post got deleted.

I personally think that was completely uncalled for. A simple compliment and my words got deleted.

It is quite contradictory to say that on one hand that we should be more respectful to the oposite sex, then when we make an innocent complement then we get a reprimand...This makes absolutely no sense what so ever. What is the purpose of this forum unless we can exspress our appreciation of each other in respectful communication?

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Rules sound fair to me...bring it on

Thread Information