Anybody With Car Knowledge?

anyone thats pretty good with cars I wanted to ask a ???? if I wanted to put an aftermarket exhaust on my car, something by comptech or greddy or watever, could I buy it in seperate pieces like buy the mufflers new and then get the rest of the pipes used or seperate? or is it all connected

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    what kinda car

chevpor1 is offline New Member
    check with your local exhaust shop to see what they have to offer, they know the laws of what you can so and they should be able to save some money,

'03 Acura TL Type-S

jmt
    jmt is offline Associate Member
    Just buy the muffler. And exhaust shop will be able to bend and weld a cat-back exhaust to meet it. It usually works out better (and cheaper) this way.

yeah but that wont give me that horsepower gain i'm looking for and deep sound, will it?

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Dont buy used pipes thats just cheap. You can (depending on the car) buy typical exhaust layouts which come in several pieces but money wise it will be cheaper buying them all at once.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    you can get them seperate..

firstinmia is offline Associate Member
    Hey man honestly coming from me an X Ricer, .. Nothing beats the real thing . By this I mean , do some research and ull find that greddy , hks, and I think even Dc sports make a complete cat back exhaust for ur car ..If you buy the whole thing (complete catback with mufflers) it wont be cheaper but ull get max power and it will sound nice and not like a RICER.......

my 2 cents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by El Jugo Buen0
    yeah but that wont give me that horsepower gain i'm looking for and deep sound, will it?
    Oh no man, NOOOOOO, please tell me your joking!!! You wanna throw on one of those annoying loud ass mufflers on a luxury touring sedan that is as great as the Acura 3.2 TL type S!!!???? You've just limited your buyers by about 75% when you want to sell it. And on a trade in you'll actually get less with it like that. I got a 3.2 myself, not the type S though unfortunately. To each his own though, good luck bro!!

Thread Information