needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member

Louiseanna/ Jobs?

My buddy is thinking about going down there to help out.. Anyone know of links where he can apply?

Bump

allsaucedup is offline Member
    might want to check your spelling

Quote Originally Posted by allsaucedup
    might want to check your spelling
    Not a word I attempt to spell daily. Thanx mr.spell checker lol

bigJJ is offline Member
    I've been looking for the same thing and not having a great deal of luck.

The FEMA rep told me that the hiring is being done by private contractors, not by government agencies. And the list of companies that are private contractors isn't a matter of public record, so she couldn't tell me who to contact. Big help.

I'm going to try contacting the Employment Development Department.

I'm off there (well mississipi -how dya spell it?) i have american friends who went on a red cross training program (2 nights- 3hrs each) teaches you basic mass medical cares (triage i think) and damage assessment.... its free

but i don't know where to find out where they are hosted, look on the red cross website i guess...

MuckDog is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    Not a word I attempt to spell daily. Thanx mr.spell checker lol

LOL on both

the red cross web site should help out dude

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Here is the way to do it..

what type of work do you want to do??

construction as an example..

do a google search for residential contractors in the area that you are interested in.. pick up the phone and call them, tell them you are self enclosed, that is you have your own equipment.. and accept a subcontract..

there ya go..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

thanx

Youngbuckk is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    My buddy is thinking about going down there to help out.. Anyone know of links where he can apply?
    I am down here in Mobil Alabama, and i am traveling 3 hours everyday to New Oleans and Slidell doing insurace adjusting,

Just tell your friend to get down here, there is plenty of work. Everyday i see spray painted help wanted signs, Contractors are hurting bad down here, and are paying good money. the problem is not finding work, it is not finding a place too stay, I honestly believe that i got the last motel room in Alabama. also have talked too some of the contractors and they said that they have been housing there employees in there homes (If there still standing) and offices.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    You might want to consider Bush's latest action -- you might not get paid the prevailing wage for rebuilding:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...090802037.html

Bush Suspends Pay Act In Areas Hit by Storm

By Thomas B. Edsall
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Friday, September 9, 2005; Page D03

President Bush yesterday suspended application of the federal law governing workers' pay on federal contracts in the Hurricane Katrina-damaged areas of Alabama, Florida, Louisiana, and Mississippi. The action infuriated labor leaders and their Democratic supporters in Congress, who said it will lower wages and make it harder for union contractors to win bids.

The Davis-Bacon Act, passed in 1931 during the Great Depression, sets a minimum pay scale for workers on federal contracts by requiring contractors to pay the prevailing or average pay in the region. Suspension of the act will allow contractors to pay lower wages. Many Republicans have opposed Davis-Bacon, charging that it amounts to a taxpayer subsidy to unions.

In a letter to Congress, Bush said he has the power to suspend the law because of the national emergency caused by the hurricane: "I have found that the conditions caused by Hurricane Katrina constitute a 'national emergency.' "

Bush wrote that his decision is justified because Davis-Bacon increases construction costs, and suspension "will result in greater assistance to these devastated communities and will permit the employment of thousands of additional individuals."

AFL-CIO President John J. Sweeney denounced the Bush announcement as "outrageous."

"Employers are all too eager to exploit workers," he said. "This is no time to make that easier. What a double tragedy it would be to allow the destruction of Hurricane Katrina to depress living standards even further."

Rep. George Miller (D-Calif.), the ranking Democrat on the House Committee on Education and the Workforce, accused Bush of "using the devastation of Hurricane Katrina to cut the wages of people desperately trying to rebuild their lives and their communities."

Miller said: "In New Orleans, where a quarter of the city was poor, the prevailing wage for construction labor is about $9 per hour, according to the Department of Labor. In effect, President Bush is saying that people should be paid less than $9 an hour to rebuild their communities."

Thread Information