Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jsik98 is offline Member

Why So Many Spelling & Grammatical Errors?? Proving We're Just "Dumb Meat Heads!"

Okay guys, I hate to be the one to put myself out there by confronting a whole board, but I feel it needs to be done ( although I'm sure it has been done before). Why are there so many mispelled words and grammatical anomalies on this board? I understand that sometimes we're in a rush and quickly type our questions and don't bother fixing errors due to the lack of time. However, this is such a common occurence that there's no way EVERYONE is ALWAYS in a rush! If we're motivated enough to lift heavy ass weights just about everyday, and disciplined enough to keep our diets in check, and passionate enough about this whole game to use powerful hormones to give us an edge, then can't we be aware enough to check for these petty typing mistakes? It would really make this board look more sophisticated and intelligent if we would just take that extra 20 seconds to read over our posts to make sure they're layed out correctly. Personally, I take pride in being part of this board because of the good it does for so many people and the good it has done for me. This is, by many, considered the best forum out there, so I feel we should step it up a notch and shock people with our professional approach to discussing these important matters.
    Thanks for hearing me out!
    Last edited by Jsik98; 09-19-2005 at 05:33 PM.

MASTERDBOL is offline Senior Member
    UHHHHH......i aint no understand wat yu talkng bout!!!!

Jsik98 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MASTERDBOL
    Come on dude!

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    ummmmmmmmmmmmmm

witch way to the beach???
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

i was being sarcastic. obviously. i tend to agree with you, in that it gets tiring to read some of these posts by people. i have to concentrate so much, that i become exhausted. but, also, alot of people are from foreign countries, and english is not their first language.

saluu is offline Banned
    it's not about the spelling, and grammer on this forum . These forum is strictly for roid monkey's this is not the knowledge network or learning channel. We are not here to enter a spelling bee. We all have one thing in common we love jamming ourselves with the needle in the ass. We love looking buffed up think a girl in a club cares about whether you can spell the word sex or does she care whether you can perform in bed or not.

The roid monkey spelling and grammer suck it policy says it is not the spelling it is what the monkey says that counts. We all know what juice up means or roided out . or roid monkey on this forum . To sound technical is boring oh i do anabolic steroids or im a roid monkey which one sounds cooler you be the judge.

Juice up or shut up. IM back im low key because of some blood pressure issues so i will come back once my blood pressure goes down from 190 i'll be back.

THe blood pressure doesn;t matter , the bitch tits don't matter, the hair loss don't matter , spelling and grammer don't matter, whether your tool doesn't work to satify your bitch don't matter what matters is when you leave this earth whether your casket was custom built or not. get big or get out. peace saluu in da house.

testosterona is offline Anabolic Member
    ya, still tryin to figure out those damn commas

I agree with ya dude. but keep in mind, it is just a forum and not an online english class.

testosterona is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saluu
    it's not about the spelling, and grammer on this forum . These forum is strictly for roid monkey's this is not the knowledge network or learning channel. We are not here to enter a spelling bee. We all have one thing in common we love jamming ourselves with the needle in the ass. We love looking buffed up think a girl in a club cares about whether you can spell the word sex or does she care whether you can perform in bed or not.

The roid monkey spelling and grammer suck it policy says it is not the spelling it is what the monkey says that counts. We all know what juice up means or roided out . or roid monkey on this forum . To sound technical is boring oh i do anabolic steroids or im a roid monkey which one sounds cooler you be the judge.

Juice up or shut up. IM back im low key because of some blood pressure issues so i will come back once my blood pressure goes down from 190 i'll be back.

THe blood pressure doesn;t matter , the bitch tits don't matter, the hair loss don't matter , spelling and grammer don't matter, whether your tool doesn't work to satify your bitch don't matter what matters is when you leave this earth whether your casket was custom built or not. get big or get out. peace saluu in da house.
    roid monkey.....gotta love em
    JSIK, you might want to make the title of this thread a full sentence.
    Last edited by testosterona; 09-19-2005 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saluu
    , the bitch tits don't matter, the hair loss don't matter , spelling and grammer don't matter, whether your tool work to satify your bitch don't matter what matters is when you leave this earth whether your casket was custom built or not. get big or get out. peace saluu in da house.
    ummmm..

if you meet a girl in the bar... and you just want to bang her..

what does it matter if you satisfy her????

I mean... if she didn't get off.. she must have done something wrong...

Rules

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.

goose is offline Banned
    Dont forget fool,alot of us,english is not our first language.
    We aint from harvard

Quote Originally Posted by goose4
    Dont forget fool,alot of us,english is not our first language.
    We aint from harvard
    its obviously not your best language either.

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    there should be a spell check option.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by 305GUY
    there should be a spell check option.
    There is.

~Pinnacle~

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    There is.

~Pinnacle~
    No shit? Where?

No shit? Where?
    Internet Exporer.You should have an icon for word perfect in your browser.

~Pinnacle~

Internet Exporer.You should have an icon for word perfect in your browser.

~Pinnacle~
    hmm, i dont see it. anyways, i thought you meant that AR had a spell check option.

hmm, i dont see it. anyways, i thought you meant that AR had a spell check option.
    AR does!!!

nope the browser...

and does anyone really still use IE???

firefox stops it all

Rules

AR does!!!
    WTF, i must be blind. would you mind guideing to this feature.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I cannot stand people who wish to communicate and be taken seriously, having 3rd grade spelling errors. My ENTIRE business is on the Internet, and I know just HOW IMPORTANT communication is, as well as having impeccable spelling. Like it or not, no one really has respect for you or takes you seriously if you come across as a complete un-educated moron.

I know when I get letters and pm's asking for assistance, I find myself scanning the offering for errors. Too many elementary errors, lack of punctuation, run on sentences, etc., and I simply negate offering service to them. Reason being, if they can't spell the simplest of words and communicate like an adult, how in the world are they going to be able to read and follow/understand my detailed instruction?

That's just the way I do things, but then again I'm a perfectionist when it comes to English and writing being an English major and communications major.

~SC~

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    There is a spell check VBB hack you can add. That would make life a lot easier...

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    U must excuse me, I speak vandoolic

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Im just fuc'n stupid you azzhole, lick donkey ballz you queer spelln bee champ!!!!!

G-13 is offline Member
    This shouldn't even be in this forum, you just wasted my time and everyone else's time with WHAT? Spelling errors

I thought this was a place to kick back and relax, not worry about the tyranny of someone whom i thought to be a brother with a thousand posts is going to criticize me for my spelling. Get a life and move on who cares how many degrees someone has. Worry about something more important for God's sake, we make mistakes and life is difficult enough already.

I have 2 associates, 2 baccalaureate and I'm working on my master's. But who cares...nobody but me.

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    U must excuse me, I speak vandoolic

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by G-13
    This shouldn't even be in this forum, you just wasted my time and everyone else's time with WHAT? Spelling errors

I thought this was a place to kick back and relax, not worry about the tyranny of someone whom i thought to be a brother with a thousand posts is going to criticize me for my spelling. Get a life and move on who cares how many degrees someone has. Worry about something more important for God's sake, we make mistakes and life is difficult enough already.

I have 2 associates, 2 baccalaureate and I'm working on my master's. But who cares...nobody but me.
    I care buddy great job keep up the hard work!!! It will pay off............................................... .........................and if it does dont forget those who had your back!!!!

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by MASTERDBOL

That's as bad as some really are, that's some funny shlt.

Mistakes are understandable, yes, but it all depends on how serious you wish to be taken, and how you want others to perceive you.

To me, that matters quite a bit.

~SC~

G-13 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Mistakes are understandable, yes, but it all depends on how serious you wish to be taken, and how you want others to perceive you.

~SC~
    Integrity and sincerity go a lot farther with me than a typo or spelling errors. If a bro is having some trouble, and he cant spell worth a shit but he's very sincere about his problem who cares? If he's just in a big ass hurry, then so be it. The light he cast will be on himself. So who am i or any of us to judge anyone for anything, for were all far from perfect. Constructive criticism is different but it should still be wielded with great respect and caution. People are so quick to judge and slow to change. If anyone in here is perfect, well then write a book and let us know your secret.

chest6 is offline Banned
    i was just scrolling down looking for a response from swole to laugh at...i had a feeling he would get his word in

oceanrun is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsik98
    Okay guys, I hate to be the one to put myself out there by confronting a whole board, but I feel it needs to be done ( although I'm sure it has been done before). Why are there so many mispelled words and grammatical anomalies on this board? I understand that sometimes we're in a rush and quickly type our questions and don't bother fixing errors due to the lack of time. However, this is such a common occurence that there's no way EVERYONE is ALWAYS in a rush! If we're motivated enough to lift heavy ass weights just about everyday, and disciplined enough to keep our diets in check, and passionate enough about this whole game to use powerful hormones to give us an edge, then can't we be aware enough to check for these petty typing mistakes? It would really make this board look more sophisticated and intelligent if we would just take that extra 20 seconds to read over our posts to make sure they're layed out correctly. Personally, I take pride in being part of this board because of the good it does for so many people and the good it has done for me. This is, by many, considered the best forum out there, so I feel we should step it up a notch and shock people with our professional approach to discussing these important matters.
    Thanks for hearing me out!

You have to remember there are a lot of guys in the forums from other countries.
    So there grammar will not look as good or spelling for that matter be the same as you.

Just remember that this is an international web site and you get guys from all over.

CAPS......

Integrity and sincerity go a lot farther with me than a typo or spelling errors.

I APPRECIATE THOSE QUALITIES TOO OF COURSE, BUT IF YOU SOUND LIKE YOU ARE 13 AND DON'T KNOW WTF YOU ARE DOING, WELL, THAT ABOUT SUMS IT UP. OFTEN TIMES THE MIS-SPELLS ARE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ASSININE POST AND/OR SUBJECT MATTER THAT IS INDICATIVE OF ONE DOING NO RESEARCH AND TOTALLY MESSING THEMSELF UP.

If a bro is having some trouble, and he cant spell worth a shit but he's very sincere about his problem who cares?

I WOULD IF I WERE HIM AND HE WANTED TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. AGAIN, THAT'S JUST ME AND HOW I SEE IT.

If he's just in a big ass hurry, then so be it. The light he cast will be on himself. So who am i or any of us to judge anyone for anything, for were all far from perfect.

TRUE, BUT THERE ARE SOME WHO ARE FAR MORE INTELLIGENT THAN OTHERS AND THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO WILL ONLY ASSIST THOSE WHO THEY BELIEVE CAN UNDERSTAND THE ADVICE GIVEN.

Constructive criticism is different but it should still be wielded with great respect and caution. People are so quick to judge and slow to change. If anyone in here is perfect, well then write a book and let us know your secret.
    I'M NOT PERFECT, NO, BUT I TRY TO EMULATE PERFECTION IN MY WRITING, YES. MY BOOK WILL BE OUT IN A YEAR OR SO.

~SC~

decadbal is offline Banned
    i do not care to take the time to make my posts well written, im not here to impress anyone, nor do i care if everyone thinks im uneducated bc i dont waste extra time to perfect each sentance..

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    i do not care to take the time to make my posts well written, im not here to impress anyone, nor do i care if everyone thinks im uneducated bc i dont waste extra time to perfect each sentance..
    We know brutha!

~SC~

PaRiS2005 is offline Female Member
    It's a matter of communication. Isn't that what the forum is for? So, why not speak in a manner which can be understood? IMO, it's just ignorant not to.

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    ummmm..

if you meet a girl in the bar... and you just want to bang her..

what does it matter if you satisfy her????

I mean... if she didn't get off.. she must have done something wrong...
    Dude, I like your perspective.

G-13 is offline Member
    CAPS......

I'M NOT PERFECT, NO, BUT I TRY TO EMULATE PERFECTION IN MY WRITING, YES. MY BOOK WILL BE OUT IN A YEAR OR SO.

~SC~
    Why the caps? I don't understand, you don't have to type in caps for me to comprehend your point of view.

Perfection in writing is something within yourself, and is duly respected. But finding fault with the imperfection of others is not within me, yes i have been guilty of it. If it's within you to do so, then that's your choice.

The original point that i was trying to make before going off on my rhetoric rant was this, if someone makes a few spelling errors or a typo it should just be taken as a mistake and not criticised. But when you read an entire post and can barely interpret it, that's another thing entirely. I have read a few post's and thought to myself WTF, so i know where your coming from.

Jsik98 Made this thread to get everyone to comply with his line of thinking. Am i wrong in that assumption? And his line of thinking is that we all take care to be sure our high school English teachers would be proud of us should they breeze through.

CAPS AGAIN (THIS IS DONE SO YOU CAN READ MY RESPONSES, I THOUGHT THAT WAS OBVIOUS?????)

Why the caps? I don't understand, you don't have to type in caps for me to comprehend your point of view.

AGAIN, SEE ABOVE. IT'S SO YOU AND OTHERS KNOW WHAT MY RESPONSES ARE, AND HOW TO IDENTIFY MY WORDS APART FROM YOUR WORDS. THAT'S PRETTY STRIAGHTFORWARD AND A COMMON METHOD OF RESPONSE THAT WE USE IN THE DIET FORUM WHEN CRITIQUING OTHER APPROACHES.

Perfection in writing is something within yourself, and is duly respected. But finding fault with the imperfection of others is not within me, yes i have been guilty of it. If it's within you to do so, then that's your choice.

COOL.

The original point that i was trying to make before going off on my rhetoric rant was this, if someone makes a few spelling errors or a typo it should just be taken as a mistake and not criticised. But when you read an entire post and can barely interpret it, that's another thing entirely. I have read a few post's and thought to myself WTF, so i know where your coming from.

YEAH, THAT IS WHAT I AM REFERRING TO, THOSE KINDS OF POSTS.
    TIME TO CALL IT A NIGHT!

~SC~

G-13 is offline Member
    CAPS AGAIN (THIS IS DONE SO YOU CAN READ MY RESPONSES, I THOUGHT THAT WAS OBVIOUS?????)

TIME TO CALL IT A NIGHT!

~SC~
    No bro, i thought you were getting pissed. lol I don't visit the diet forum, as i'm on a see food diet right now. I appreciate your candor and honesty, it was a good discussion. Peace...

redmeat is offline Senior Member

~SC~

I agree. Well said.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information