tiger909 is offline Senior Member

just got in a car accident!!!!

so angry..got rearended..........but the guy tells the cop i backed up into him............and he believed him! so now im out at least a grand.....so no cycle next month....just frustrating

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Don't go down without trying to fight it

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    harsh, over here the rule is if u smash into the back of some1s car its always ur fault, coz even if they roll back its ur fault for tailgatin!

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    how does that work???
    soon as u get ramped from rear end
    should be other persons fault

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by collar
    how does that work???
    soon as u get ramped from rear end
    should be other persons fault
    yup. And if there is a big enough dent..whats he say u backed into him going 30??

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    Take it to court. Sounds like the cop is playing favourites

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    some dick rear ended my sisters car while parked and he was going 45mph and when the cops got there the driver had ran from the scene because he was drunk and the cops tried to tell my sister and i that she was parked in the middle of the street. the neighbor that she didn't know told them that she was parked completely in the gravel on the side of the road and the cop told him that he was lieing also. they never went to the drunks house, blood on the steering wheel, beer can's all over the back of the truck, and a baby seat in the extended cab of the truck. it's funny how they completely missed the part about a missing driver after a pretty major car crash. that's alright though, because i'm going to have a few friendly words with this dick since i know his address (went through the back slider window and got his registration info). shes driving a infiniti g35 now so i guess she can't complain to bad. his truck wasn't totalled until i got ahold of it. kicked dents in all the undamaged panels, busted off side view mirrors and busted out the side view window (i beat the cops there by 30 minutes). he got away with it saying it was stolen but he's not getting away with it without some reprecussions.

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    U need to fight this bro. Call your insurance company and explain to them what happened. They will be able to advise you on what to do.

I never heard of anyone EVER being at fault for getting rearended.

MuckDog is offline Senior Member
    well i guess you found out the guys address right

might be worth it to pay him a visit

Quote Originally Posted by MuckDog
    well i guess you found out the guys address right

might be worth it to pay him a visit
    i will be doing that. it's been over a month since it happened so by now it should be long enough that he wouldn't associate an ass beating with my sisters accident. i also have other ways of getting info about the guy. i know quite a bit about this guy but i might be setting myself up if i said more.

definetely call the insurance company as soon as possible. i deal with insurance quite often you could say and the companies do not like to have to pay out claims. if there is questions as to who is as fault and the insurance companies can't agree on it that it will go to subrogation. often times if an insurance company knows there client is to blame and doesn't want to pay out and it goes to subrogation they will take responsibility to avoid having to pay an outside source also to help decide. your insurance company is on your side. get them involved.

well the thing is i did back up but then i stopped....this idiot just kept on going, apparently wasnt even lookig at the road. however he tells the cop that i kept going and reversed into his STOPPED car. and the cop believes him. i stopped and looked into the rear view mirror, waiting for him to stop but he never did. then at the last second he slammed the brakes. the cop says i should never reverse, which is true...but this was a residential street with nearly no traffic. so that is why the cop is on his side..my insurance company is closed till monday..so the claim will be made then...any tips on how to deal with them?

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger909
    well the thing is i did back up but then i stopped....this idiot just kept on going, apparently wasnt even lookig at the road. however he tells the cop that i kept going and reversed into his STOPPED car. and the cop believes him. i stopped and looked into the rear view mirror, waiting for him to stop but he never did. then at the last second he slammed the brakes. the cop says i should never reverse, which is true...but this was a residential street with nearly no traffic. so that is why the cop is on his side..my insurance company is closed till monday..so the claim will be made then...any tips on how to deal with them?
    Did u tell the cop about the same story as above?

yeah

tell them exactly what happened and hope that the other guy that is lieing will have contradicting stories of what happened. just because you shouldn't have been backing up doesn't mean that you were 100% at fault. the fact is you were backing up illegally but the other party was failing to pay attention to hazards in front of him and possibly traveling to fast for conditions if he could not stop in time to avoid hitting the back of you. what if you had stopped dead for a little kid in the street? if he wasn't paying attention to you stopped then he would have ran into you with the same scenario but possibly hurt the child if he had pushed you into him. you may be 1-49% at fault but in the state of california that is a non fault accident as far as insurance reasons. if you're found to be 51-100% your fault your screwed.

freakintraining is offline Associate Member
    some bitch balced into me at a parking lot i called her insurance and she refused to pay be saying i rear ended her.....so we went to court her and her witness couldnt keep a straight story so i won, then she said she got a unfair trial so we had to go in front of judge and jury, we wont again and this was all over a 500 deductable, but to me it was principal

Quote Originally Posted by freakintraining
    some bitch balced into me at a parking lot i called her insurance and she refused to pay be saying i rear ended her.....so we went to court her and her witness couldnt keep a straight story so i won, then she said she got a unfair trial so we had to go in front of judge and jury, we wont again and this was all over a 500 deductable, but to me it was principal
    usually you will win if it was not your fault but there are those few exceptions. glad to here everything worked out for you.

dans is offline Junior Member
    The same thing happened to my GF, sucks man, sorry to hear it.

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    Take it to court. You have to fight, do not let him win without fight! Good luck to you bro.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    if we he was going fast enough then he braked you should see tire marks...
    on other hand the impact should show which car was traveling what way...

good luck with it
    try find every little thing to get yourself out of it..
    but if you have insurace i dont think you should worry??

Thread Information