Evil Predator is offline Senior Member

Went to church for the first time in years today

I was raised catholic, and hated the religion so much for their pettyness and foolishness that at 16, I swore i'd never enter another catholic church.

So, the last month or so ive been dating this girl who's a baptist, and she asked me to go to church with her and her family this morning. It took some convincing, but I went. And suprisingly I walked out with a smile on. It was so much different than the church I grew up in. There was no gossip, no trash talking others behind their back after mass, none of the stuff I associated with church for so long.

Dunno why I posted this, but ive been in a happier mood than normal all day.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I always feel refreshed when I leave church.

~SC~

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Predator
    I was raised catholic, and hated the religion so much for their pettyness and foolishness that at 16, I swore i'd never enter another catholic church.

So, the last month or so ive been dating this girl who's a baptist, and she asked me to go to church with her and her family this morning. It took some convincing, but I went. And suprisingly I walked out with a smile on. It was so much different than the church I grew up in. There was no gossip, no trash talking others behind their back after mass, none of the stuff I associated with church for so long.

Dunno why I posted this, but ive been in a happier mood than normal all day.
    I grew up in a Catholic home as well and was made to go to church by my parents. I hated going because of how the church was conducted it was very boring. My wife started taking me to this Presbyterian church and it's actually fun to go. The service is contemporary so it's nothing like a Catholic service but I also get a really good feeling while I'm there and whan I leave.

decadbal is offline Banned
    u can go for me to

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    havnt been to church since i was 12 im 22 now, but when i went i would attented baptist service as well

Gerkie66 is offline Female Member
    well, glad you enjoyed it and got back to going...i know i haven't been in about two years. i was raised catholic in a great church back in hawai'i and just haven't found a church to feel happy going to...its just not the same out here...who knows when i'll go back.

still have my faith and i guess thats what counts right now.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    The catholic church is full of hypocrites and it drives me nuts. Plus if you sit in the back and watch the congregation chant, is looks like a friggin cult. The only time I left with a smile on my face was from laughing so hard.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You should try out Holiness or a Pentecostal church where they handle snakes, and talk in tongues....

Now that's entertainment....

Heracles74 is offline Senior Member
    I was raised Catholic too. My parents were pretty religious, made us boys go every sunday while we lived at home. By the time I finished College at a Jesuit University and actually learned a little something about Catholicism, I relaised the Roman Catholic Church was not for me; it clashed with a lot of my beliefs and ideals. So I converted to the Protestant faith. It is a much better fit for me and my beliefs and I too, enjoy going to church again.

Thread Information