Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Foskamink is offline Banned

crashed my car (came off the road)

so my friend visiting and i dont ever go to movies with my family so i havnt seen a movie in like 18 months at the cinemas (i know its sad)

so we decided to take my mums GPS to get there on time. 10pm.
    so it took us down this dark back road. i wasnt speeding i was doing about 50 mph / 80 km. and the gps said, "go straight on" and the map was straight forward.

so i passed a car and took my highbeams off. and the road started to sway to the right.. then suddenly Harpin left. a hard 90 degree turn. without any signs or warning what so ever. straight infront of me 30 yards was a big wall of dirt and a ditch. to the left was sharp left well over 130 degrees from current position. so i swerved left as the road was going harder right. pumped my breaks.

and i hit the side wall. ruining my front and back body kits. smashing them. fog lights breaking. multiple water containers under hood all broken. not sure if any other engine damage.

just a lesson. dont use GPS. i dont use one i know my way arround most places. and i never use one. but tonight i wanted to get to this place on time so i took it.

basicly im extremely lucky under the circumstances that there wasnt a pole or a bin or anything. it could have been way worse. no signs on the road. just a couple of arrows in the distance that were pointing incorrect position(the ones that reflect off lights) i have a subaru 2006 impreza wrx 2.5L turbo. i drive pretty hard most of the time. i do not speed. i have done 12000 km in this car with only one speeding ticket ever. doing 59 in a zone i thought was 60 but it was 50. so yeh i have had no acidents or anything apart from one ticket. im a really expirenced driver cornering slideing and handeling, i love my car and its a high proformance machine, but tonight just hit me.

technically it was my fault. due to people dont just fly off roads everyday, but under the situation and road conditions. it was impossible for me to avoid this, luckily me and my friend are both uninjured.

holiday season coming up, hope everyone drives safe and has no acidents. my mum goes really crazy at me about the little things, but tonight she didnt raise her voice or get angry she just asked what i was doing and why it happend. im really fortunite she was understanding, because my puppy needs a home and i dont want her to take that!

luckily i can claim one thing a year on insurance. without having my anual raise and the reset is next month.

thanks foskamink
    drive safe kids!

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Glad to hear you're OK. Next time look at the road, not the map on a GPS.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Snrf is offline Banned
    did someone say something? i think i must have him on ignore

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    -crickets chirping-

stuball is offline Banned
    When do you find time to drive, you live on this forum !!!!

chest6 is offline Banned
    You should really watch the road instead of the GPS map..

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    thump thump

**flushs toilet**

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by getnjakked
    -crickets chirping-
    I knew this was coming

the problem wasnt watching the gps. it was the unmarked corner ahead. the road was going north. then it swayed North-East. and the road only took 50 yards to change direction. then it suddenly was straight west. and there were 2 reflecters on the corner. but they were not pointed in the correct direction. so i had no clue that this corner was ahead. normally is a sign. but its just bad luck. my fault but very hard to avoid. maybe i can sue the government like everyone else. nah i just glad im ok.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by getnjakked
    -crickets chirping-
    more crikets chirping

Quote Originally Posted by audis4
    thump thump

**flushs toilet**

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    edit
    Last edited by Ufa; 12-23-2006 at 09:34 AM.

example, car censors. you become totally dependant on them once u got them. and u dont look as much as you used to, thats how my friend cracked my back body kit. so kinda nice. i can claim it all at once since it hit the back again and would still need replacing without the existing damage. so i get front nad back body kits fully clean.

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Foskamink
    example, car censors. you become totally dependant on them once u got them. and u dont look as much as you used to, thats how my friend cracked my back body kit. so kinda nice. i can claim it all at once since it hit the back again and would still need replacing without the existing damage. so i get front nad back body kits fully clean.
    i agree about the reverse car censors.. shit has me spoiled as hell when im reversing... if im reversing a car that doesnt have them im either really paranoid that im gonna hit something i cant see or i park like 10 feet away from whatevers behind me.. still a great invention though and i'm glad i have em..

used to have gps years ago when the first came out. totally unrealiable then.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    When the GPS says "Go straight" that means do not turn off this road. It doesn't mean that the road might turn.

Just try to pay more attention to the road next time.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    the problem wasnt watching the gps. it was the unmarked corner ahead. the road was going north. then it swayed North-East. and the road only took 50 yards to change direction. then it suddenly was straight west. and there were 2 reflecters on the corner. but they were not pointed in the correct direction. so i had no clue that this corner was ahead. normally is a sign. but its just bad luck. my fault but very hard to avoid. maybe i can sue the government like everyone else. nah i just glad im ok.
    First thing is glad your OK.

Now the problem is you were speeding on a dark road you don't know. Again your making excuses for something. Take responsibility. YOU ****ed up.

BTW a real sports car could have held the road.

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    that is what happens wheh you have a little ricer with a body kit. As much as i hate cars like yours im glad you were not hurt.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    kids stole the sign.. thought it might be funny...

guess it wasn't.. glad you are safe..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

yeh the ricer body kits dont last long, normally dont like jap cars but wrx is really good "value for money" when u compare it to porsche 911s, skylines, supras, integras. dozens upon dozens it can compete with at half the price.

gixxerboy u never cease to amaze me. take responsibility for what i done? what do u think im doing? a real sports car? what better then WRC? sorry let me answer for you? a corvette? a mustange? a porsche? ferrari?
    i will take the pepsi challenge with any other sports car and victor! wrx are #1

so my car is off road for a couple weeks. i just cant stand driving it while its nasty, so i get ahold of insurance asap.

yeh the ricer body kits dont last long, normally dont like jap cars but wrx is really good "value for money" when u compare it to porsche 911s, skylines, supras, integras. dozens upon dozens it can compete with at half the price.

gixxerboy u never cease to amaze me. take responsibility for what i done? what do u think im doing? a real sports car? what better then WRC? sorry let me answer for you? a corvette? a mustange? a porsche? ferrari?
    i will take the pepsi challenge with any other sports car and victor! wrx are #1

so my car is off road for a couple weeks. i just cant stand driving it while its nasty, so i get ahold of insurance asap.
    ....I wouldn't go that far fosi

Well you said you were doing 50mph. Most sports cars can nail a pretty aggressive turn at 50 also break in a short distance at 50. So apparently your car cant or you cant.

A wrx I'm sure is a fun little car. Its not even close to most of the cars you listed above. Maybe that's the problem you don't realise the limits of your car. You cant drive it like a 911.

wrx will rip any porsche 911 apart both stock. basicly.. i was driving north east. and 20 yards infront of me the road went like 150 degrees back west, without any signs. my car stops dead in 35 yards going 60 mph. i didnt try to slam the breaks on and spin out. i tryed to pump the breaks and make it arround the corner.. got about half way arround it. and then slid off the road and hit the barrier. wrx will eat a mustang any day of the week just so u know. corvette too i beleive in the corners. ferrari no idea. but i will never ever own a car worth more then like 30,000. if u can afford a 300k ferrarri u should be donating 100k aswell at the same time, how i see it. cant give credibility to expensive exotic cars while people starve

wrx will rip any porsche 911 apart both stock. basicly.. i was driving north east. and 20 yards infront of me the road went like 150 degrees back west, without any signs. my car stops dead in 35 yards going 60 mph. i didnt try to slam the breaks on and spin out. i tryed to pump the breaks and make it arround the corner.. got about half way arround it. and then slid off the road and hit the barrier. wrx will eat a mustang any day of the week just so u know. corvette too i beleive in the corners. ferrari no idea. but i will never ever own a car worth more then like 30,000. if u can afford a 300k ferrarri u should be donating 100k aswell at the same time, how i see it. cant give credibility to expensive exotic cars while people starve
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    i know its a bit of a stretch. get wrx on the track and itll be dead even, get wrx on the dirt and porche will be left for dust.
    and well on the streets.. its all the driver

Now that i caught my breathe I would agree with you on the mustang. You are really clueless if you think a wrx can out corner a vette. I can tell you from driving the porsche Cayman. Its glued to the ground even going through bumpy corners it didn't skip. I know you want to think your car is the greatest but be realistic. Its a good car for under 30 like you said.

Anabolic CEO is offline Senior Member
    Came off the road??? You mean you went off the road??? That GPS can't drive for you!!! ROFL

yeh for 30 grand stock i think its personally the best car possible for proformance and looks, realisticly. i think the corvettes are heavy dont know much about USA cars infact i know nothing, but judgeing on looks with is stupid the corvette is bad shaped too big and heavy, just what i can tell from look at it. which is think is acurate compared to wrx. my car always hits corners 50mph perfect. but this was just somthing i wasnt prepared for. and couldnt handle. porsche 911 i hate them with a pasion just because i dont like buying a plain car thats over priced because i like to get value for money. but yeh. wrx stock stick to the road like glue. add a 24mm sway bar and lower it 2 inchs and its even more amazing but i got no motovation to mod my car right now. i gotta put all my money into my new house and my life. i love my car i do think tis the greatest and personal favourite. realisticly its a 7/10. i think, next car will be a mitsubishi evo to compare probly in a few years.
    anabolic yeh i slid off the road nad hit a barrier. just a small wall made out of grass and dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    Now that i caught my breathe I would agree with you on the mustang. You are really clueless if you think a wrx can out corner a vette. I can tell you from driving the porsche Cayman. Its glued to the ground even going through bumpy corners it didn't skip. I know you want to think your car is the greatest but be realistic. Its a good car for under 30 like you said.

no shit, I gotta kick outta that one as well. I own a vette and I know I would own you!
    fun cars but lets get real fossi.....comparing a japanese to a german car is like comparing you to swolecat

MAJOR25 is offline Member

no shit, I gotta kick outta that one as well. I own a vette and I know I would own you!
    fun cars but lets get real fossi.....comparing a japanese to a german car is like comparing you to swolecat

I would buy lexus before I bought a mercedes I do like bmw though. Just seems the germans are following our lead and starting to build crappy cars

Quote Originally Posted by goodcents
    I would buy lexus before I bought a mercedes I do like bmw though. Just seems the germans are following our lead and starting to build crappy cars
    really? we owned a few lexus. personally I didn't like the quality/performance etc.
    I persoanlly think benz, audi, bmw, porsche, are at the top....but thats just me

i drove a lexus is200 before, complete junk for 40k. not worth 15 in my opnion. no size no cumfort no power, just a shinny badge
    didnt drive it for long, was a friends perants

really? we owned a few lexus. personally I didn't like the quality/performance etc.
    I persoanlly think benz, audi, bmw, porsche, are at the top....but thats just me
    I should of become a dentist I was going by consumer reports, not first hand experience. I do like the new lexus.

yeh for 30 grand stock i think its personally the best car possible for proformance and looks, realisticly. i think the corvettes are heavy dont know much about USA cars infact i know nothing, but judgeing on looks with is stupid the corvette is bad shaped too big and heavy, just what i can tell from look at it. which is think is acurate compared to wrx. my car always hits corners 50mph perfect. but this was just somthing i wasnt prepared for. and couldnt handle. porsche 911 i hate them with a pasion just because i dont like buying a plain car thats over priced because i like to get value for money. but yeh. wrx stock stick to the road like glue. add a 24mm sway bar and lower it 2 inchs and its even more amazing but i got no motovation to mod my car right now. i gotta put all my money into my new house and my life. i love my car i do think tis the greatest and personal favourite. realisticly its a 7/10. i think, next car will be a mitsubishi evo to compare probly in a few years.
    anabolic yeh i slid off the road nad hit a barrier. just a small wall made out of grass and dirt.
    Your wrx is about 80lbs lighter then a vette and over 100lbs heaver than a Porsche caymen

if u stand me and swolecat back to back u can only see one of us, we are dead equal in size and shape, often get mistaken for brothers. but back to the more important discussion.
    whats the big hype about german cars or jap cars. its not where its made. its who makes it and what they use

chest6 is offline Banned
    wrx will rip any porsche 911 apart both stock.
    ROFL

Quote Originally Posted by goodcents
    I should of become a dentist I was going by consumer reports, not first hand experience. I do like the new lexus.
    oh gotcha
    ...mind you, I would drive a lexus over a lot of cars I see on the road today.

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    ROFL
    drag them all the time.. straight and corners.. 911s are the waste of $$

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member

i can pull a vette on the freeway up to about 130mph and then it's pretty even further past that with my wrx sti but havne't got one to race me past 160mph. way too risky. the z06 is the one i can't beat unless i turn on the nos. vettes are by far my fastest races though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information