steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT

For those that eat clean most of the year?

What guys/girls how ya doing?? i gotta a question about eating clean most of the time when i say most of the time i mean almst all year long, now not to many people do this but there are some. We all know a few guys or girls that eat extremly clean or follow a diet plan t the T yearly, my question is how does this habit effect your social, personal, family and work life. foe example does your girlfriend eat pizza while you eat chicken and rice??, or do you bring all your meals to work while evreyone eles gos out for lunch??, or durning family gatherings do you cook your own food while evryone eles eats burgers and hotdogs??? im just curious for those that have families or g/f or b/f that eat diffrent than them?? anyone have to deal with this?? if so how do you do it?

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    when i do start my diet..
    it will be like this
    i will take my food everywhere eat my own
    cook my own

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    I prepare most of my meals in advance and pack up my backpack everymorning and off to work i go. I basically bring my meals with me wherever i go. And yes, actually i was at the beach yesterday with my girl while she chomped down my fav food PIZZA!!!! As I was eating my chicken breast and american cheese.

Then last night my girls friend was cracking on me because i was mixing my whey/flax shake up while we were in the movie theater. As a joke, I told her im doing this so i NEVER look like her.....girls LOVE when you talk about their weight!

It basically comes down to your goals.

I can take the jokes, critisizm, blah blah blah but at the end of the day i KNOW that i am one more day closer to my goals and that, itself, is my motivation.

It's all about YOU bro! Do for you!

Good Luck

i completly agree buffdaddy i do the same i was just woundering how evryone eles deals with it,,,what when you start dating a new girl ?? you know your supposed to go out to eat and all that BS what should i do then ??? that would be good imprssion me mixing my whey/flax shake durning a movie on a first date or something you get what im saying ???

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I diet all year round, I do cheat with pizza though, but I started dieting for wrestling in 8th grade so getting fat never going to happen. I bring a microwave on my job cuz I bring chicken steak and so on in veryday and you wouldnt believe the trend it starts. Already only week two on the job and 3 guys bring food in now instead of eating off the luch truck.

you bring a microwave ?? damn dude do bring it evreyday or do you just leave it there?

im also woundering what do you guys do when you start dating a new girl and you gotta tell her what the deal is about your food yeas we cheat here or there bust most of the time it's clean foods so an you give me a heads up on how to deal with this issue.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    you bring a microwave ?? damn dude do bring it evreyday or do you just leave it there?
    HA just leave it. I cook sunday and wednesday enough for dinner and luc=nch all week , saves me 150$$$ in deli's, expensive out here in the hamptons, hard to live unless rich, which unfortunaly im not.

BG
    im also woundering what do you guys do when you start dating a new girl and you gotta tell her what the deal is about your food yeas we cheat here or there bust most of the time it's clean foods so an you give me a heads up on how to deal with this issue.
    My girl hates it, cuz I eat the same food all the time, doesnt bother me kills her, we just make different meals most the time, were not the beavers , so we dont feel like we have to eat the same dinner or the same time. I train everyday from 5-7pm so I eat seperatly.

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    i completly agree buffdaddy i do the same i was just woundering how evryone eles deals with it,,,what when you start dating a new girl ?? you know your supposed to go out to eat and all that BS what should i do then ??? that would be good imprssion me mixing my whey/flax shake durning a movie on a first date or something you get what im saying ???
    Take her on a date on your cheat day. That'll work.

Plus even if you do go out with her for another dinner during the week im sure you can find a place that offers something along the lines of your macro requirements.

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    i cook chicken every day for that day or the next.i only eat out on cheat days. I take my chicken with me everywhere, work, school, friends houses...ALL the people at school like to give me a hard time about my chicken...my girls know that if its not cheat day, im not eating any bullshit....now this is how it usually is, but if i get stuck at school or doing something that i cant get my chicken, i'll eat some "healthy" fast food, ie grilled chicken sandwich.... because some food and cals is better than NO food or cals...

devil1 is offline Jacked Jarhead
    me and my wife just started a diet together. took me a while to talk her in to it. she cant see herself eating 5-6 meals a day and losing weight. its so much easier to do it when were both doin it, ya know.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    I don't eat clean but i have weird eating habits.. and everyone wonders about me..

I tell them to shaddup:P

Last xmas my dad took a can of tuna and put it on my plate.. un opened and said eat up...

Owell.. some ppl understand most don't.. i'ts my life.. I don't eat clean but im pikey and i claim it's because of the gym:P

elcapitan is offline Associate Member
    My wife and I have been eating clean for the last couple years. But when she was pregnant I would sit there and watch her eat anything she felt like eating. Man that was hard.

well i been dating this new chick and she dosnt seem to understand the natuer of how i eat for me to stay lean i must eat clean it is just a ginetic thing depeding on my bf at the time depens on what i can get away with, so if she dont smartin up than i guess shes out because she is always complaining about my eating habbits WTF my x never did this so i guess i have a hard time understanding.

dive_kid is offline Anabolic Member
    if she is into you just tell her the truth. she should be happy that you are putting in the effort to look better for your self and her.
    it does not need to be explained, you dont need to justify your self to any one. she should just except it that you are who you are.

and yes, when I started dateing my girl (soon to be wife) when we went out to dinner I would be ordering plain chicken and plain rice, side of salad.
    if we went out for breakfast I would order boiled eggs so I could seperate
    the yellows better

CRUISECONTROL is offline Post Whore Extraordinaire Cruising On Autopilot
    What is eating clean??????????? you mean like washing your hands before you eat?????????? Then Yes I eat clean !!!!!!!!!!!! I dont care if its a meal or snack, Ice Cream or pot roast, oatmeal and cream cookies or a bag of cheetos I'll eat anything all the time but I always wash my hands first............. unless I dont wash my hands first

Jerzey is offline Member
    well i been dating this new chick and she dosnt seem to understand the natuer of how i eat for me to stay lean i must eat clean it is just a ginetic thing depeding on my bf at the time depens on what i can get away with, so if she dont smartin up than i guess shes out because she is always complaining about my eating habbits WTF my x never did this so i guess i have a hard time understanding.
    I've gotten that a lot in the past because of not wanting to go out to eat/drink... it's a lifestyle and some will understand, some won't.

I personally cook Sun/Wed also and bring my meals to work.

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    Theres a thin line before you reach insanity. and you know when you cross it. I like the insane people...this is in NO way a negative post..hehe. I do eat clean all year round. I rarely eat deserts (wife hates it when we go out and she'll want desert and i dont, so she doesnt order any. she loves when we go out with other people though..heh), i eat a lot of my meals plain (not much fatty sauces, or cheeses, etc), and i get a lot of vegetables and fruits in my diet, which i think are an important part of what we eat, but many dont get enough. when i want to bulk, what i eat doesnt change, just the portions, same when i cut. may not work for some but it works for me. NOW, back to the insane people that i truly love.. hehe....check out my new thread "you know you're an insane bodybuilder/fitness 'neck if..."

Thread Information