broncojosh is offline Senior Member

Smile any fisherman out there?

Hey A.R brotherin, wondering if there are any fellow fisherman out there? I'll be back in florida in a couple weeks, and can't wait to start it up again. Both ocean and fresh water. The fish I eat for the next 4 months will be free!, courtesy of my pole

DC24 is offline Junior Member
    When I'm not lifting, I'm either fishing, hunting or playing music. I just caught a 3lb brown trout last wk. Biggest I've caught of that species so far. Other than that it ain't nothing to hook a 25 or 30lb striper in Va.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    My dad's company just got finished building a 48 ft. sport fisherman. Offshore is just a few days away. Havn't been in a while though.

Re: any fisherman out there?

[i] The fish I eat for the next 4 months will be free!, courtesy of my pole [/B]
    I think that is the best part about it, I eat wild meat year round, and don't have to pay for anything except the license.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Re: any fisherman out there?

Originally posted by broncojosh
    Hey A.R brotherin, wondering if there are any fellow fisherman out there? I'll be back in florida in a couple weeks, and can't wait to start it up again. Both ocean and fresh water. The fish I eat for the next 4 months will be free!, courtesy of my pole
    I used to fish a lot with my Dad and uncle when I was a kid. We had a favorite spot down on Card Sound Road just north of Key Largo on a bridge. Also close to Jack Mans Cove.

I also love going to that Biker tavern they have there, all the bikers and their biker chicks walkin' around, great bikes ot look at and talk to the guys who love to show off those incredible Harleys. Does anyone remember what the name of it is ??? It has the best Hush Puppies I have ever eaten.

One of my favorite meals in all the world :

Start with Conch Chowder
    Crackers & fish paste
    Snapper & hush puppies
    homemade Key Lime Pie

GOD THAT IS EATIN BROTHERS & SISTERS !!!!!!

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    cant wait to fish in july, 10 days in st.pete fla.

NightOp is offline Member
    Good thread I love fishing. I live (back home) next to a wonderful lake that is I do some occasional hybrid fishing on (when we aren't tubing or skiing ). I do alot of bass fishing in local ponds and a little rainbow trout fishing (the river by our town has produced a previous world record trout).

But my real love of fishing is in salt water. I have a friend in florida with a boat, so I get todo a little shark and tarpon fishin every now and then, which I absolutely love. I'm not a big beach guy, but gosh I love the ocean. Any body know any lat/long coordinates for some good shark or tarpon fishing holes in the gulf (south of tampa area)?

Yeah, I'm thinking about taking a weekend trip to the lesser antilles, and hopefully catch enough to fill both freezers in the garage...Wahoo, dolphin, grouper, snaper, you name it, it'll be coming home! Hell, I'll even make a mean fish dip out of the king fish(kinda oily as steaks).

Ranch Man is offline New Member
    I went fishing the other day. Just south of Clearwater. Caught 3 Tarpon between 11-25lbs and about a 3ft Hammerhead.

NightOp is offline Member
    sweet. I love tarpon and shark fishing.. we mostly get Lemons, Black Tips, and every now and then a big ray which feels like you're pulling up a dining room table.

bump for more replies.

BroncoJ man life is sweet when you can get that much free fish aye ?

wanna_c_gains is offline Associate Member
    went bow fishing today, my buddy and I caught a 99lb 'gator gar. Pictures will be coming soon.!!!!! Now thats excitement

Originally posted by wanna_c_gains
    went bow fishing today, my buddy and I caught a 99lb 'gator gar. Pictures will be coming soon.!!!!! Now thats excitement
    Sounds good to me wanna see those pix soon !

mishon1 is offline Associate Member
    have a lake and i fukn hate to fish.

Wake Chick is offline Female Member
    I love fishing!! But only offshore, freshwater or bay fishing is too boring. So I guess I'd be a fisher girl??
    Wake chicks- We make your boat look good.

Lil D is offline Junior Member
    Fishing is the life!

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    Hookin up a 5 pound large mouth bass on a real light rod is always fun.
    Havnt bin out in a bout 2 or 3 years . My race car is my new hobby but i will pick up my rods this summer i think.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Love to fish. Haven't fished much since I sold my bass boat and bought a baja party boat. I use to fish in a lot of bass tournaments. Never did worth a shit, but always had fun. We have a couple of lakes around here that have good striper in them also. Used to go out and find them busting the surface and catch 10+ pounders all morning on top water lures. Now that's exciting.

I have got to try saltwater fishing one of these days. Do you need different gear for saltwater? (By gear I mean rod and reels) lol

ps: I do have a 9.5 lb largemouth (blackbass) hanging on my wall. Time to brag, let me hear what eveyone has on their wall.

peace,

ttgb

Wake Chick, being a "fisher girl"'s fine with me. From your avatar, I assume you wake board. I just bought a hyperlight premier 140...I like it so far!

Originally posted by tryingtogetbig

ps: I do have a 9.5 lb largemouth (blackbass) hanging on my wall. Time to brag, let me hear what eveyone has on their wall.

peace,

ttgb [/B]

I unfortunalty don't have any fish hanging on the wall, but I've caught some nice ones. Caught a 3lb brown trout not to long ago, thought about putting it on the wall but decided not to it wasn't even a citation.
    9.5lb bass is huge. what did ya catch it on?

Wake Chick is offline Female Member
    Thats a pretty nice board, how does it ride?? Ive heard different reviews on it. I just got the Belmont 131 DNA core and I love it. Gives you the biggest pop off the wake, which makes for some big ass air!! Your so lucky to go fishing in Florida!! Here in Texas we have the gross brown water and you have to go soooo far offshore to get anything worth keeping I'm jealous.
    Wake chicks- We make your boat look good.

Originally posted by Wake Chick
    ...Here in Texas we have the gross brown water and you have to go soooo far offshore to get anything worth keeping I'm jealous.
    Hey wakechik,

We spend all summer (weekends) at Possum Kingodm lake, in Texas. Probably too far from Houston, but the water is sooooooo clear. You can be standing on the back of the boat and look at people swimming in the water and see their feet kicking. I have to agree with you on the rest of the lakes in Texas though, this is the only one I have found that has very clear water.

DC24: I caught the 9.5 pounder on a chartruese (sp?) crank bait. I put the lure in his mouth up on the wall, then went and bought another one just like it. Never have caught a whole lot on the lure since then though. I mainly fish largemouth with a Texas rig nowadays. I think I would have put the 3 lb trout on the wall. That's a big ass trout. I would bet that it was pretty pretty too, wasn't it?!

peace,

ttgb

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Do I fish, DAMN RIGHT.... Here's my daugher..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails any fisherman out there?-sinead-fishing-howth-aug.01..jpg  

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Do I hunt, DAMN RIGHT, here's my son...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails any fisherman out there?-aiming-kev.jpg  

Originally posted by 9natural9
    tryingtogetbig, dude, PK is awesome, I love that lake.....anchor down in Hells Gate and drink away the brewskies, right!!!

BTW, I bet you caught that monster on a Bomber A chartruse right?
    oh, dude, pk is our home away from home. we have a small lake house on the west side. hellsgate....oh the memories! Oh yeah, I'll be there the weekend after next - Can't hardly wait! Memorial Day is just 2 weekends from this weekend. Gonna get to see some skin!

you're right about my lure. Bomber A chartruse. I have about 4 different sizes and 5 different colors of that lure. Sometimes I have great luck with it, but lately haven't caught a dang thing on it. I haven't used it in a while too, might be the problem!

peace,

ttgb

Originally posted by Bouncer AKA bouncer
    Do I hunt, DAMN RIGHT, here's my son...
    Hey there bouncer. Nice pics of the kids. That's the way to be!

What is the red light in the scope with the pic of your son? I think it must have been the red eye reducer of your camera, but it made that picture look even more bad ass! I keep a bipod on my rifles too. Don't see too many other people around here with the bipods though.

Cool pics! I might have to send you a pic of my deer from last year, if you guys are deer hunters, you'll like this one.

peace,

ttgb

Thread Information