CRUISECONTROL is offline Post Whore Extraordinaire Cruising On Autopilot

Dont Shop at Target!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if this is why they closed the Target here in our town...

Amazing Issue with Target Stores

If they have a good sale in their ads, take the ad to Walmart, where they will meet the price...............

Dick Forrey of the Vietnam Veterans Association wrote.

"Recently we asked the local TARGET store to be a proud sponsor of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall during our spring recognition event.

We received the following reply from the local TARGET management: Veterans do not meet our area of giving.??
    We only donate to the arts, social action groups, gay & lesbian causes, and education."

So I'm thinking, if the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall and veterans in general do not meet their donation criteria, then something is really wrong at this TARGET store. We were not asking for thousands of dollars, not even hundreds, just a small sponsorship for a memorial remembrance.

As a follow-up, I e-mailed the TARGET U.S. corporate headquarters and their response was the same. That's their national policy.

Then I looked into the company further. They will not allow the Marines to collect for "Toys for Tots" at any of their stores. And during the recent Iraq deployment, they would not allow families of employees who were called up for active duty to continue their insurance coverage while they were on military service. Then as I dig further, TARGET is a French-owned corporation.

Now, I'm thinking again. If TARGET cannot support American Veterans, then why should my family and I support their stores by spending our hard earned American dollars and to have their profits sent to France. Without the American Vets, where would France be today?"

Feel free to pass this along to whomever you want.

Sincerely,

Dick? Forrey
    Veterans helping Veterans
    SFC David Kaiser, Kay Kaiser

Please send this on to everyone you know to let Target know how AMERICAN'S feel about their non support of America and our support of them. Isn't it amazing how people can? forget when we support them.
    Last edited by CRUISECONTROL; 09-21-2005 at 10:13 AM.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Read that somewhere esle> Don't know how true it is though..

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Dick Forrey, a member of the Indiana-based Howard County Vietnam Veterans organization, rashly penned the above message in March 2002 after failing to secure a $100 sponsorship for a travelling Vietnam Veterans' Memorial Wall exhibit from his local Target store. Mr. Forrey was rebuffed, because Target does not give out cash donations through local stores; they donate money only at the corporate level, and only through grants to organizations falling within their defined general areas of giving. Mr. Forrey has since apologized for his mistake and issued a retraction

Mr. Forrey has since apologized for his mistake and issued a retraction:
    I made a mistake on this one, and I've learned a hard lesson — that's for sure. What started out as a message for the members in our organization has turned into a hate-type thing. I never wanted to start any national boycott. I just wish it would all stop.

Some people have used my words and perpetuated lies. It's sad that some of these people would use veterans as a way to push their own political views. I've sent out a retraction, and no one pays any attention.
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp

Mizfit is offline Banned
    We don't have a target

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Shit I love target!

CRUISECONTROL is offline Post Whore Extraordinaire Cruising On Autopilot

Thanks for the clarification bro

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    may or may not be true..

Here in minnesota.. last christmas..

Target said they would no longer allow the bell ringers for the salvation army to collect money outside thier stores..

the public stopped buying there.. it lasted for about 2 days..

Target said they reconsidered and would allow them..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Could you imagine the loss of business due to this letter?

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    Could you imagine the loss of business due to this letter?

My father-in law had told me about this letter. He and all of his friends won't shop at Target because of it.

I emailed him the text and link that I posted above.

SoulCard is offline Associate Member
    ive seen this floating around the net before...i email target and asked them...they replied that it was not true(what else are they gonna say really?) and listed their contributions to various groups including veterans groups that i was able to confirm...jus my exp...

Thread Information