latman49 is offline Member

Finding a new workout partner

I just graduated from college and I'm moving back home, and unfortunately, I have to leave my partner behind. What is the best way to find a new workout partner? How did you guys find a compatible partner for your goals and style? My old workout partner from HS has quit working out and looks like buddha now and I don't have any other leads. What do you guys suggest?

murph is offline Member
    hit the local gym in your home town,.......work out a few times im sure you'll meet ppl,........the way it always seems at my gym is that most ppl tend to be there at aprox.... the same time in the day each day (mon- fri) the weekends vary,....but you end up seeing the same ppl enough you'll end up establishing friendships(just sorta go about the same time each day aswell),....at least it worked for me, i knew no one when i first went to my gym, now i've met quite a few good ppl..........good luck, I'm sure it will work out for ya.......
    Last edited by murph; 05-03-2002 at 05:53 PM.

NightOp is offline Member
    ya.. you can also look for a potential partner in the gym and ask him if he whats a spot on something or vice versa just to establish contact...

One thing I have in my favor is that I already know most of the guys that will be in the gym. The problem is, there are very few people in my town who are serious about bodybuilding. Most of the guys that would be good to work out with work out in the evening and I will have to work out in the morning before work. I'm sure everything will work out. Thanks for the advice guys.

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    I've learned that this "obsession" that we all have for body building can be contageous. My buddy that usually works out with me wasn't really into bb until we started working out together. And now he's as into it as I am!

Kid Shred is offline Member
    I've had lots of different Wokout Pals in the past and it just never worked , even if we were pushin' realtively the same weight, sooner or later there's conflict....being late, talk and walking around too long between sets,different routines for the same bodypart, e.t.c.
    Luckily my gym has floor trainers, So I just grab 'em for my heavy sets. I've been trainin' solo for a couple years now and my progression is twofold compared to when I had WO partners. Just me ,my MP3, and the Iron. ..........and my .02 of course.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I meet a lot of people by asking for a spot or offering a spot. Those same people are always quick to help out now.

As far as the actual workout, going solo is not a prob. I know the guys who work at the gym and can grab spots when I need them. What I will miss is the motivation and competition. When my partner throws up 8 of what I just did 6 of, I really pushes me to the next level. I always like to get a partner that is always slightly ahead of me, that is where I get my motivation.

Thread Information