ward065 is offline Member

Many sites that provide training advice lack a critical component

Lately i've been growing dissapointed with Weider magazines especially. Inside flex and M&F, you usually see training advice by top/high level pros like mark dugdale, shawn ray, darrem charles, dexter jacksonm etc. They provide their routines- most of these guys work out 4-5 times per week. And they tell you their diets too

BUT THE LACK a critical component. Obviously, to attain that level of musculature steroids are almost a given! These magazines and articles leave unsuspecting readers false dreams. They won't be able to attain those types of physiques unless they eat a lot, sleep a good amount, train hard- these are all excellent components until you can't get any bigger. But then to get freaky muscular, well we know the juice is loose.

Take this article on bodybuilding.com for shoulder training as another example (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson94.htm). Many pros here explain what they do for shoulders- giving newbies to bodybuilding especially somewhat false dreams, if they only train that hard, and eat right, they will look like that. This is not true, most of these guys spend $5000+ on gear and hgh per year. But they don't tell you that, therefore leaving novice readers in the dust.

read the question and answer section on some of the links on the second page (like with Wong Hong)....they ask, oh, what supplements do you use, and what creatine is the best.......but this is not what these guys are taking to look like that. Again, lies get spread!
    I think this is very dissapointing- if steroids were not illegal, there could be a lot more knowledge shared on their high level of effectiveness.
    Last edited by ward065; 09-23-2005 at 09:28 PM.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    i hate to break it to ya bro but those routines are ghost written by the editors.

Quote Originally Posted by J.S.N.
    i hate to break it to ya bro but those routines are ghost written by the editors.
    confused what you are saying

also, many of these guys say- a fact- for example that they eat a 5000 calorie diet. But i read a recent segment in MD magazine by Charles Glass and he said that very high amounts of protein will NOT BE ABSORBED and will be converted to ammonia- UNLESS performance enhancing drugs are used, which speed up protein synthesis!

So if these guys were eating 5k calories......and even training as hard as possible.....most of those calories, if they were not using 'em, would go to fat. I think it's facts like this that confirm basically all pros use 'em. And most lie about it

yeah we all know they use massive doses of gear. the columns and routines are ghost-written too. their routines are garbage, anyone could make one.

_________'s chest workout:

incline dumbell press

3-4 sets, 10-12 reps

flat DB flyes

3-4 sets, 10-12 reps

weighted dips

3-4 sets, 10-12 reps

pullovers

3-4 sets, 10-12 reps

then they have this thing where the "pro" says

i like to start with incline dumbell flyes cuz they're hella tight and upper chest is often lacking and dumbells - more symmetrical mass yada yada yada... alot of guys don't do pullovers anymore but that's their loss poopoopoopoop...

look i'm a FLEX columnist!

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    ghost writing mean the Bodybuilder was interveiwed and a writer for the wed site or magazine wrote it...(i think ) but yes i agree with you more knowlege should be spread about this issue but with all the contrverse in sports these days i think evryone is well aware of steroids , just not educated on doseg's and how to use, the matter of fact i saw an anti steroid commericial on ESPN the other day

Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    ghost writing mean the Bodybuilder was interveiwed and a writer for the wed site or magazine wrote it...(i think ) but yes i agree with you more knowlege should be spread about this issue but with all the contrverse in sports these days i think evryone is well aware of steroids, just not educated on doseg's and how to use, the matter of fact i saw an anti steroid commericial on ESPN the other day
    ya...heard arnold was doing that or something for flex & m&f, articles that said he wrote he did not.....recently he gave up his "Executive editor" position and compensation from Weider i believe.

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    another thing is those magazines are marketed to sell as many as possible.. meaning they have to put stuff in there that people will pay money to read.. They also have many advertisers that sponsor the same body builders that they feature in the articles.. those advertisers would be pissed if any steroid talk was printed about athletes they sponsor.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazwell
    another thing is those magazines are marketed to sell as many as possible.. meaning they have to put stuff in there that people will pay money to read.. They also have many advertisers that sponsor the same body builders that they feature in the articles.. those advertisers would be pissed if any steroid talk was printed about athletes they sponsor.

this is very true althought Musclar Development mag, does touch on the subjects of roids quit a bit

Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    this is very true althought Musclar Development mag, does touch on the subjects of roids quit a bit
    yeah, their knowledge is < someone who's been on AR for like 3 days though. plus they still don't really tell the truth. like paul dillett never went up to a gram, gimme a break... who these guys think they're foolin'?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazwell
    yeah...it seems Weider's magazines are especially anti-steroid on the surface. MD certainly is not.

I even read in one M&F issue a section about muscle dysmorphia, and says how mwny people with this "disorder" (and then they talked abouit it in a negative tone) use steroids , referring to that as a problem

lots of hypocrisy.......then the training advice pros give, most of these guys are juiceheads.

decadbal is offline Banned
    if your gettin your workouts from a mag.... you got alot of problems then.. self education is key.. dont depend on anyone to show you the ropes, learn them on your own.

devil1 is offline Jacked Jarhead
    this is the reason ive slowly switched from flex and m&f to MD. there is a little more truth in there articles.

Thread Information