Thread: any actors?

robkesl is offline Senior Member

any actors?

has anyone ever wanted too, or gone into acting, whether it was tv, commericals, play, movies, anything. i was just curious on your experiences.

for ever ive wanted to drop out of college and head for hollywood, and take my chances. ive wanted to go into movies as long as i can remember. but to just drop out of school doesnt leave me any fall back so i guess ill wait untill i graduate, should be in 2 years, then im deff. selling all my shit and heading down. with a degree in nutr. and fitness, im sure i can find a job for money.

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    I lived on South Beach in the mid 90's and was in a few movies as an extra, never had a speaking role. Friends have told me to head to Hollywood, but it's all chance like winning the Lotto. There's no reward for talent or effort, just luck. I can't live like that.

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    I've studied acting, was in a film a few years back, and have done some theater work earlier this year. You need to realize there are millions of people with the same dream as you and thousands of them head to LA every year. A good friend of mine packed up and moved to Hollywood and he found out he didn't want to be an actor as much as he initially thought. Hollywood is a strange place, man. By and large, everyone is trying to make it into movies and they are not going to lift a finger to help you achieve your dreams.

I think you'd be wise to finish your degree. Like you said, you'll always have that to fall back on. That's about what I'm doing. I'll be out there eventually, but I'd like to be a milllionaire when I arrive. That way I'm not just another wannabe with a pocketfull of dreams and living in some shitty North Hollywood pad. There is also a program sponsored by the Director's Guild of America that gives you a fast track to being a producer. I applied this year and went out to LA to take a test, but I didn't do well enough to get accepted. You can apply every year and they have a program in NYC as well. You need a bachelor's degree or some alternative experience, but once you are in that program, you can look forward to a lucrative career in the film industry.

decadbal is offline Banned
    im not

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I will be doing some film/tv stuff in the future myself.
    My current "Hollywood" client Francis Capra (from Veronica Mars) has been tellin' people about me. All I have to do is use the next 6-8 months to get my ass down to L.A. a lot, go to sets w/him, talk to people, do some extra work, etc. I'll get into SAC and from there who knows.

I won't be doing fitness in a few years, I know that much.

~SC~

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I will be doing some film/tv stuff in the future myself.
    My current "Hollywood" client Francis Capra (from Veronica Mars) has been tellin' people about me. All I have to do is use the next 6-8 months to get my ass down to L.A. a lot, go to sets w/him, talk to people, do some extra work, etc. I'll get into SAC and from there who knows.

I won't be doing fitness in a few years, I know that much.

~SC~
    Well...if you are planning to "lean" up..in other words, get rid of some muscle, give it to me

I am leaning out, yup, but I am trying to keep my lean mass! I lost a bit because I am losing so quick, but f*ck it, it can always come back with muscle memory and what not.
    I was 284 when I was bulking to get bigger (remember that thread in the Lounge?) I got back from L.A. a month ago in visiting w/Francis and decided to start leanin' out. I was 275 when I got back, and today I am 254. So, the pace in which I am losing is quicker than when I usually diet for shows and stuff, but I am not interested in doing shows and if I lose a bit of lean mass for the sake of looking a lot better and going to meet people down in L.A., then so be it.

I've been big for years and strong, so if I get smaller and weaker, well, it's time for a change anyhow and it's no big deal.

~SC~

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

I've been big for years and strong, so if I get smaller and weaker, well, it's time for a change anyhow and it's no big deal.

~SC~
    OUTRAGEOUS! How could you say something so sacreligious! I'm very disappointed in you. . . .

, unless you want to be the meathead that looks tough and doesn't speak or the bouncer that unclips the velvet rope, you need to be more "normal-sized". Michael Clarke Duncan made a career out of being huge, but I think he got lucky. Just promise you'll take acting lessons. don't be the next Vin Diesel!

muscular guys are on the way out, sadly i hate it, bc that counts most of us out of being famous for pretending to be someone other than who we are, which most of us do anyway. good luck to those tryin to

MoneyAddyct is offline Member
    I was an extra in Analyze This during the scene filmed at the Miami Seaquarium. That's about it.

PaRiS2005 is offline Female Member
    I was gonna be in Friday Night Lights, just an extra. But I never followed through with it. Don't really care for the Hollywood scene. Now Broadway...that would be AMAZING!

LAW
    LAW is offline Female Member
    My son worked on Saturday night Live, did some commercials. Honestly, it cost me more in new outfits, parking & travel to NY for the interviews then it was ever worth. Now he is thinking about getting back into it. Becoming an actor has a lot to do with Who you know. I honestly believe that's the only way to get your foot in the door. I wonder what the ratio is from actors actually making a living in the business and those just eeking out a living.

i did some actin in college, i acted like i cared about every girl at every party

Quote Originally Posted by LAW
    Becoming an actor has a lot to do with Who you know.
    That is VERY true, which is glad I know someone who can help me get work.

~SC~

Thread Information