Sandwich2003 is offline Banned

Can you find out the IP adress form an e-mail?

Wazzup,

Can you find out the IP adress of someone from an e-mail from hotmail. Someone is sending me stupid mails. He / she has also add himself / herself to my MSN Messenger. I accindently approved it.

It is someone I know, because he /she talks about personal stuff only someone I knew could have know.

If it is possible, I can try to match it with other e-mails I have and maybe catch the sucker.

Anna Bollick is offline Juiced Shemale Rescue Hooker
    The raw email with full headers will reveal the IP. Below is an example of the IP header:

Received: from 206.190.38.21 (HELO web50006.mail.yahoo.com) (206.190.38.21)
    by mta229.mail.scd.yahoo.com with SMTP; Sat, 01 Oct 2005 07:40:36 -0700

Whether you can access this information via the www interface, I do not know, but if you have POP3 access to your account, most email clients can display full headers.

Be aware that the apparent origin is not always the actual originating IP. Many people connect via an anonymous proxy server to protect their privacy and foil spammer and hackers.

Love
    Anna

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Bollick
    The raw email with full headers will reveal the IP. Below is an example of the IP header:

Whether you can access this information via the www interface, I do not know, but if you have POP3 access to your account, most email clients can display full headers.

Be aware that the apparent origin is not always the actual originating IP. Many people connect via an anonymous proxy server to protect their privacy and foil spammer and hackers.

Love
    Anna
    Always such a help Anna!!!!

Sandwich2003 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Bollick

Anna

Can you find the 'The raw email with full headers will reveal the IP' from an hotmail e-mail.

I can't seem to find it.

Anna Bollick is offline Juiced Shemale Rescue Hooker
    Of course. It depends on what software you are using to read your email. If you are using the www for reading email, I think it depends on what site you are using. I don't use web based email, myself. In the case of abuse, contact the tech support from the site you use to access your email. Maybe they can help you. But you are better off using a proper email client and not using the web at all.

Love
    Anna

Thread Information