My fall/winter mass building journal

Well, it's time to start building once again. After dieting about 8-9 months out of the year already my body is screaming for calories and heavy training once again. I'v been bbing for like 8 yrs now and have done several cycles, so I know I need to keep my goals realistic and that nothing is going to happen overnight. I am currently 223 lbs, slapped on an easy 20 lbs 2 days after my show which was on the 24th of Sept(90% of this is water I'd imagine) So here is my goal by the next cutting cycle which will begin in Feb. My goal is to get from 223 lbs to 240 lbs while maintaining no more than 11-12% bf and no more than a 34" waistline, it's currently 33". My diet will consist of mostly lean red meat such as sirloin steaks and lean ground beef and I'll start w/4-500 grams of carbs/day. I'm only training 3 days/wk for the next 12 weeks, however cardio is 3 days/wk at a minimum of 45 min/session brisk walk. Cheating will be aright, but no more than 3-4 cheat meals/wk if I can help it. I'm clean and off all anabolics right now, I will start a GH cycle at a low dosage of 6iu's eod and throw in some Humulog here and there throughout the cycle. However NO ANABOLICS other than maybe a small 6 wk run of super low dosage of anavar or primo, nothing that will completely shut me down, we're talking super low dosages. My training focuses mainly on power lifts such as bench,squat, deadlift, bent over rows etc. w/ only 1 exercise per other muscle groups like tri's, bis' calves per workout. I will train each bodypart 3 days/wk but in a different fashion than common bbing. Monday is my 60% max day doing a full body workout, Wed is a light day focusing mainly on form, and Fri is all out intensity. Deadlifts will replace sqauts eo Mon. This is the routine I'm doing:

Mon- 60% max effort, squats OR deadlifts- 3 sets of 8
    chin ups(wide grip eo wk) 4 sets of 8
    incline db press- 3 sets of 8-10
    dips- 3-4 sets of 15-20
    fly's- 1 set of 15-20
    shrugs- 3 sets of 8-12
    3 sets of hanging leg raises 20 reps/set

Tues- cardio

Wed- light/recovery workout;

4-5 sets of leg sled 10-12 reps/set(maybe 5-6 plates/side tops, for me thats light)
    3 sets of 8-12 reps explosive rep pushups(clapping hands in between reps)
    3-4 sets of some curl variation(each wk it will change) 10 reps/set
    4 sets of pullovers w/ EZ curl bar(10-12/set)
    3-4 sets of weighted situps

Thurs -just cardio

Fri- all out day

5 sets of 5-8 rep squats
    4 sets of bent over barbell rows
    8 sets of 5 reps bench(decline eo wk)
    3 sets of hammer strength tri extensions 10-12 reps /set
    3 sets of 20, hanging leg raise

Sat and Sun is off, maybe cardio on 1 of the days for 45 min, but nothing more.

Well, thats what I got, w/ the cardio I'm hoping to keep alot of the water/fat weight off. Only thing I'm on now is creatine, but this is my plan of attack over the next 4 months. Also, GH is NOT to be run at anymore than 3iu's/day or 6iu's eod. I want the bulk of these gains from hard work and dedication, not just the drugs.

Here is about where I am at plus 20 lbs water, well this was taken a wk and a half ago, but my most recent pic. I'll post more pics afer week 4 of my rotuine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My fall/winter mass building journal-1-wk-out-003.jpg  

decadbal is offline Banned
    lookin good bro, how did u do up at app

It's Oct. 10th today, the week was aright,junked up a little too much. Went to the state fair yesterday and ate like shit, on top of eating not so hot on Sat as well. Sat still managed to get all my protien in, but had ice cream and some more garbage I didnt need in terms of sugary stuff. Not only did I eat bad, but I ate plentiful, tons and tons of calories!!! The strength is still on the rise however despite my bad/overeating but I'm getting winded and out of gas quick from the rapid water gain, not liking it. Only managed to get 1 day of cardio in last week, not good. But strong as an ox. I'm 227lbs as of today, I know I'm putting weight on too fast, its mosly shit water weight. But it's good to feel strong again and feel big. The problem w/ the diet is not so much the calories I'm craving as much as taste. I've been eating things that I havent eaten in a long time and the more I eat the more I want. I've upped my water intake to try to flush out the extra sodium from bad food. Eating alot of pasta and a couple whole wheat bagels w/ light cream cheese ed. I'll try to be moderate about the food until the end of the week, and then I'm going to do a 2 week mini diet w/ some clen , see if I cant rip off 5 or 6 lbs and keep the mass. Pics to come in a fe weeks.

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    keep us posted you look awesome bro...good luck

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Looking awesome bro!

thanks guys, will do

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    looking thick. how'd you do at the show you were dieting down for? that was you right?

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    looking good,,, and if thats your plan of attack stick to it sounds fine to me but id use the hgh at 4 ius ED, 2ius early morning and 2ius mid afternoon, that would be far better than 6 ius EOD,,,longer your on hgh at a steady rate the gains are unbelieveable,,,,good luck

Quote Originally Posted by punchrf
    looking thick. how'd you do at the show you were dieting down for? that was you right?
    Ended up taking 6th out of 9th place in the open heavyweight. Tough show, and I dialed in a little too early I think. Thinking of doing another one next spring, dont know for sure though. I'm going to see how much mass I can throw on my frame and if I'm happy w/ the results this winter i'l diet up again come Feb, but leaning strongly towards just straight gaining until next summer then cutting to get on stage at the end of next summer. We'll see

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    Ended up taking 6th out of 9th place in the open heavyweight. Tough show, and I dialed in a little too early I think. Thinking of doing another one next spring, dont know for sure though. I'm going to see how much mass I can throw on my frame and if I'm happy w/ the results this winter i'l diet up again come Feb, but leaning strongly towards just straight gaining until next summer then cutting to get on stage at the end of next summer. We'll see
    the shows i've seen the open heavyweight was a tough class though. good job though. now you know where you need to be to win next year.

Oct 23;

Bodyweight is still hanging around 230 lbs. My strength is up pretty good on most of my lifts. My squat is at 455/5 now, deadlift is 515/6, but my bench isnt satisfying me too much. It's usually like 7 or 8 sets of bench on my heavy day which is Fri, I'll do like 8 sets of 5. I can usually get to 345-355lbs or so but it's been stuck there for about 3 weeks. Every other lift is going up but my bench. However, Mon is my incline benchday w/ db's and they seem to be going up a little after a 2 day weekend rest. I'm good on Mon, Wed is just a bullshit light day, but come Fri the benching feels like its weaker than it should be. I'm not sure if I care for this program much or not, it only feels like I'm getting a good workout once a week on my max. effort day which is Fri. It feels like the rest of the week I'm bullshitting around. I'm not sure if just 1 set per bodypart each workout is quite cutting it. This is the first time I've done like a total body workout 3 days/week and used max effort on one day of the week, but ****ed around for the rest of the routine w/ 60% of my max one day, then another day for rest and recovery(lightweight day) It just doesnt feel like i'm bodybuilding, and on certain exercises I know i'm not getting the full benefits from them. So I'm cutting it out and trying something else. I think i may go back to German Volume training for awhile. I really liked that and got exceptional results the 2 or 3 other times I've done it, w/ retainable gains. Anyway, diet is a little ****ed up too right now. Eating alot of crap lately and been drinking a little too much. I know my own personality well, and I know that i'm the type of guy who is all or nothing. This program is not making me feel like I'm trying too hard in the gym, and if I dont feel as if i'm "bodybuilding" then I know I wont feel like it in the kitchen either. So **** it, I usually advocate sticking to a program for 8-12 wks at least, but IMO its a waste of time for this one. I got a lot of growing to do, and not alot of time to do it before I cut up again for spring competition so its back to a little more volume and frequency.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    lookin good man !!

Thread Information