steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT

Texas VS Oaklahoma predictions

alright the BIG 12 matchup of the year is comming up this saturday baby !!! who you guys pulling for ?? Texas has the upper hand but a rivilary is a rivilary my predictions..

Texas-42

Oaklahoma-21

MuckDog is offline Senior Member
    im liking that score steveO and im going with u

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    i think my avatar says it all!

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    alright the BIG 12 matchup of the year is comming up this saturday baby !!! who you guys pulling for ?? Texas has the upper hand but a rivilary is a rivilary my predictions..

Texas-42

Oaklahoma-21
    I agree texas will win but i don't know if my that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Hackamaniac
    I agree texas will win but i don't know if my that much.
    well they rolled all over Missouri last week and Mizzou is a better team than OU is IMO. Should easily be a 3TD win for the Horns!

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by longhorn814
    i think my avatar says it all!
    niiiice

if u like the avatar, you can buy the shirt here

http://forums.hornfans.com/store/des...d=13&prodid=52

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Prediction: Texas rolls over OK

CRUISECONTROL is offline Post Whore Extraordinaire Cruising On Autopilot
    Oklahoma 34

Texas 21

GO SOONERS

Quote Originally Posted by CRUISECONTROL
    Oklahoma 34

Texas 21

GO SOONERS

cruise are u kddin me man, OU had a tuff time against Tulsa, what makes you think they can handel TX

Jakspro is offline Member
    Hook 'em Horns.... Texas by 3 TDs

Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    cruise are u kddin me man, OU had a tuff time against Tulsa, what makes you think they can handel TX
    Mack "choke" Brown can't beat Bob Stoops

copenhagen is offline Member
    hey steve o i think you are giving the sooners too much credit on your prediction!!

Texas 45

oklahoma 14

Quote Originally Posted by copenhagen
    hey steve o i think you are giving the sooners too much credit on your prediction!!

texas 14

Oklahoma 45
    Yeah its not gonna be that big of a blowout

Quote Originally Posted by CRUISECONTROL
    Oklahoma 34

Texas 21

GO SOONERS
    you live in some fu(ked up fantasy world!

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member

Sooners

Oklahoma 28

Texas 24

Mack Brown chokes again. Texas is 0-5 vs OU the last five years. When they see that red helmet with the white OU on it come out of the stadium tunnel there gonna choke as always. Texas has looked good so far, but now there going against a team with as much or more speed and talent who is starting to put it all together. The only scenerio I see where Texas wins is if OU turns the ball over to many times. Bomar has to protect the ball. I want to see Vince Young try that shotgun set run up the middle play against OU which has defensive ends almost as fast as him. OU got blown out by USC last year in the title game but still pounded Texas last year. This is the Longhorns best chance in a while but a healthy Adrian Peterson and an improving OU offense means they still lose a close game. Whoever said Missouri is better than OU don't know shit about college football. Missouri doesn't have 1/8th the talent of OU. Look at OU's roster and see how many 5 star recruits they have.

Sorry shorthorns, get a coach and then you might win.

Quote Originally Posted by FRANK WHITE
    Oklahoma 28

Texas 24

Mack Brown chokes again. Texas is 0-5 vs OU the last five years. When they see that red helmet with the white OU on it come out of the stadium tunnel there gonna choke as always. Texas has looked good so far, but now there going against a team with as much or more speed and talent who is starting to put it all together. The only scenerio I see where Texas wins is if OU turns the ball over to many times. Bomar has to protect the ball. I want to see Vince Young try that shotgun set run up the middle play against OU which has defensive ends almost as fast as him. OU got blown out by USC last year in the title game but still pounded Texas last year. This is the Longhorns best chance in a while but a healthy Adrian Peterson and an improving OU offense means they still lose a close game. Whoever said Missouri is better than OU don't know shit about college football. Missouri doesn't have 1/8th the talent of OU. Look at OU's roster and see how many 5 star recruits they have.

Oklahoma 28

Texas 24

Hate to break it to you, but Ohio State is defense is far superior to OU. Vince Young and the Longhorns still won the game. Vince was able to run in the first quarter, but when their d shut him down, he started to throw the ball, which is something he wasnt able to do previously. He's now a multi dimensional player. Peterson aint healthy either. OU has no chance. Even my friends that went to OU realize they will lose this year. Most of them arent even going to Dallas this year b/c they know they will lose

Perrypup is offline Associate Member
    Texas !!!! like i was going to say something different ya right

chest6 is offline Banned
    Hate to break it to you, but Ohio State is defense is far superior to OU. Vince Young and the Longhorns still won the game. Vince was able to run in the first quarter, but when their d shut him down, he started to throw the ball, which is something he wasnt able to do previously. He's now a multi dimensional player. Peterson aint healthy either. OU has no chance. Even my friends that went to OU realize they will lose this year. Most of them arent even going to Dallas this year b/c they know they will lose
    very well said....

I've got to give Texas credit for beating Ohio State at Columbus, that did surprise me. The only place Ohio State is better than OU on defense is Linebacker. The have three outstanding linebackers. However, OU's team speed is much better than Ohio State. Vince Young will not be able to run the ball, he hasn't against OU since he's been there, and now all of a sudden he's a great passer? Sorry, don't buy that. Matt Lienart is a great passer. You beat OU by having outstanding athletes, which Texas does, and a great passing offense, which Texas doesn't. If they would have played this game on opening day Texas probably would have won, but each passing week OU is getting better and better because all those five star recruits are getting coming together as a team. Bomar was the number one recruit overall in the country a couple years ago, and now he's starting to show it.

Texas has always had great talent. They just have't had a great coach. Me and my buddies used to say, imagine how good Texas could be if they had Lou Holtz as a coach! That would be scary. A team reflects their coaches mentality, and Mack Brown isn't a big game coach. Fire his ass, then Texas could win against teams with as much physical talent as them. Thats the only way they win games, is by having much more talent on the field than the other team. Problem is, thats never been the case against OU, and isn't this year. More experience yes, more talent no. We'll get on this thread after the game and then talk smack whoever wins.

Its actually kind of sad that Texas has had so much talent the last few years and wasted it all with Mack Brown as coach. Even a non Texas fan has to admit that.

tempbrit is offline Member
    Ok, Texas has a chance this year. However, if it comes down to a close game who do you really think is going to win???? I guess it is about time for Texas to get a win after what 5 straight years. What a joke.

Sorry, I would never put big money on a team coached by Mack Brown. Mack Brown is one of the best recruiters in the country (if not the very best). However, a coach.....he is not. Talk to North Carolina....he had some good teams there, but they always lost the big games.

Teams like Texas make me sick....all the talent in the world, but can't pull together to achieve the success that teams with lesser talent achieve. Again, Texas needs to get a real coach, not a recruiter. Otherwise, Texas will remain a team with good talent, that never wins when it matters.

Lastly, this is a Big 12 matchup which is a very overated conference. Especially this year. If Texas goes runs the table this year and ends up in the National Championship game, they are highly likely to receive the same fate that the previous two Oklahoma teams received.

chest6 is offline Banned
    oh ya and my prediction is
    texas-31
    ou-21 i think ou will come to play obviously and by no means will it be a blowout

Saying Mack cant win big games doesnt hold water anymore. The last two big games he has won. The comeback again Michigan in the Rose Bowl and the win against OSU. I think the end of the Mack Brown bashing will be tomorrow afternoon!

Perhaps you should start saying Bob Stoops cant win big games either. He choked against LSU in the Sugar Bowl two years ago and they got blown out against USC last year in the Orange Bowl. Lets not forget the Big 12 title game against KSU two years ago either! Perhaps the tide has turned!

Perhaps you should start saying Bob Stoops cant win big games either. He choked against LSU in the Sugar Bowl two years ago and they got blown out against USC last year in the Orange Bowl. Lets not forget the Big 12 title game against KSU two years ago either! Perhaps the tide has turned!
    How much did that Rose Bowl win over Michigan really mean? Were they in contention for the National Championship???? Hell no! You might want to check his record against top 10 teams over the last 3 or 4 years. It is pathetic.

If you think Bob Stoops can't win the big game, then are you saying the last 5 games against Texas were not big games. Are you saying that a National Championship under his belt is not winning a big game. Are you saying that Playing in Three National Championship games does not show that he can get his kids to perform.

By the way, how many National Championships has Mack Brown won? Also, how many National Championship games has a Mack Brown team played in? Look into it and get back to me.

By the way, I hate both Texas and Oklahoma. But I do think Stoops is a hell of a coach.
    Last edited by tempbrit; 10-07-2005 at 01:52 PM.

Power40 is offline Associate Member
    Texas will win big. They will go undefeated until they go up against USC in the National Championship game. USC will crush them just like they did to OU last year.

hocoathlete is offline Associate Member
    SOONERS all the ****ing way!

Quote Originally Posted by hocoathlete
    SOONERS all the ****ing way!
    youre smoking crack bro!

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    hahaha

stupid okies......

I've got to give Texas credit for beating Ohio State at Columbus, that did surprise me. The only place Ohio State is better than OU on defense is Linebacker. The have three outstanding linebackers. However, OU's team speed is much better than Ohio State. Vince Young will not be able to run the ball, he hasn't against OU since he's been there, and now all of a sudden he's a great passer? Sorry, don't buy that. Matt Lienart is a great passer. You beat OU by having outstanding athletes, which Texas does, and a great passing offense, which Texas doesn't. If they would have played this game on opening day Texas probably would have won, but each passing week OU is getting better and better because all those five star recruits are getting coming together as a team. Bomar was the number one recruit overall in the country a couple years ago, and now he's starting to show it.

Texas has always had great talent. They just have't had a great coach. Me and my buddies used to say, imagine how good Texas could be if they had Lou Holtz as a coach! That would be scary. A team reflects their coaches mentality, and Mack Brown isn't a big game coach. Fire his ass, then Texas could win against teams with as much physical talent as them. Thats the only way they win games, is by having much more talent on the field than the other team. Problem is, thats never been the case against OU, and isn't this year. More experience yes, more talent no. We'll get on this thread after the game and then talk smack whoever wins.

Its actually kind of sad that Texas has had so much talent the last few years and wasted it all with Mack Brown as coach. Even a non Texas fan has to admit that.
    Really? Texas and Vince Young cant pass? Did you watch him throw the ball all over the OU defense yesterday? Hook em Horns!!!! National Champs this year!

decadbal is offline Banned
    hahahaha, poor okla ppl

i told you oakies, my prediction was close though i wish Peterson was healthy that way it would have been a better game, but O well he wasnt

yeah it sucks that it wasnt a close game, but it was nice just to beat the living hell out of OU! I pretty much lost interest in the about somewhere in the 3rd quarter. Where are all the haters that said Texas had no chance against OU?

chest6 is offline Banned
    haha they prolly wont be back...i watched the whole thing and i was so glad they beat the hell outta them

copenhagen is offline Member
    The game was great man.....The horns D lit rhet bohmar up!!......that dude will remember this until next year! (if he is still QB) HAHAHAH

Quote Originally Posted by copenhagen
    The game was great man.....The horns D lit rhet bohmar up!!......that dude will remember this until next year! (if he is still QB) HAHAHAH
    i like the comment during the game that Bowmar has been sacked 9 times and has 55 bruises! I bet that guy is hurting today along w/ the OU fans!

chest6 is offline Banned
    i played baseball against that guy..damn good baseball player..maybe he should have stuck to baseball?

I'll give Texas their props. They played a good game against a mistake prone OU team. Texas is better than I thought. Not because of Mack Brown but because of the new Defensive Coordinator they got from Auburn. Their defense in the past has played like pussies but yesterday they looked like OU has the last few years(The USC game excepted). Its going to be interesting to see who plays for the national title game. Right now USC, Texas, Virginia Tech, and maybe Georgia have a shot.

Vince Young did pass the ball a lot better than I thought he could, I"m not sure if he's improved that much or if OU is just a lot worse than I thought. OU has not been the same really since Mike Stoops left. Remember right after he left they got blown out by Kansas State a couple years ago. They don't have the swagger they used to have. They still have tons of talent and without turnovers and blown coverages the game would have been a lot closer. By the way I"m not an OU fan, my favorite teams are USC and Nebraska. I could really give a shit who won the game yesterday. I guess I"m neutral on OU but can't stand Texas. This thread makes you wonder how that could possibly be.

I'll tell you this, you shorthorn fans better enjoy the moment because if Texas and USC meet in the title game Texas's defense is going to get burnt like toast. True, I think they will score points on USC's defense but not enough to keep up with USC's offense.

Texas's best chance to win the national title is if USC stumbles and they get to play someone else, otherwise they'll get hammered just like OU did last year. The OU team which shut out Texas 12-0 if I remember correctly. That same OU team gave up fifty something points against USC. Hmm!

Oh, and one more thing. Texas

Congrats to Texas. Wow, Mack Brown is now 1 and 5 against OK. Pitiful considering his talent.

Texas will always be competitive especially when they play in a very weak conference like the Big 12. The Big 12 is especially weak this year.

If I am not mistaken, Mack Brown is on track for his first championship. Yes, that is right, during his time at Apalachain State, UNC and Texas.....no conference or national championships. Pathetic.

I do think Texas will run the table this year, I mean who couldn't with their talent and the Big 12 in a particularly down year. However, I am guessing that VATech will surpass UT in the rankings due to their schedule.

Last year, OK should not have played in the national championship. I do not think they will let Texas play for the national championship if VATech is undefeated considering the schedule they play.

Thread Information