I did a Photo Shoot for a fashion Magazine...

Yeah, I know this ranks about a 9.5 on the "Who-Gives-A-Shit-o-Meter" but here are the details for anyone who wants to find a copy (it's a French Magazine, so bear with me):

The magazine is called "Sport & Style L'EQUIPE"
    The spine says:
    "Sport & Style LE SPORT SOUS TOUTES LES COUTURES" no. 3 SEPTEMBRE 2005
    Andy Roddick is on the cover, in a green hoodie, unzipped, with the hood up.

The address for the company is:

56A, RUE DE FAUBOURG-SAINT-HONORE 75008 PARIS
    Tel: 01 53 43 60 00
    Fax: 01 53 43 61 61

Now, whatever this says may also be important in trying to find yourself a copy:

Le magazine "Sport & Style" este une publication editee pour L'EQUIPE par LES PUBLICATIONS CONDE NAST SA

SNC L'EQUIPE 4, rue Rouget-de-Lisle 92793 Issy-les-Moulineaux Cedex 9.
    Tel: 01 40 93 20 20

The Photo Spread where I appear begins on page 118, and is listed on the table of contents (Sommaire) under "Mode" Mode: Le style rugby par RICHARD PHIBBS

The words on the beginning page of the spread is:

Essai de style
    Photo Richard Phibbs
    Stylisme Antonio Branco

I appear on Page 126. If anyone is still reading my post at this point, I guess I'll tell you that I'm modelling for Polo by Ralph Lauren in the photo...and the whole page is me; although it happens to be a two page photo, the other model in that shot is on the other page of it, pretty much giving us each an entire page to each of us in the shot. Its just a photo of my face, more or less, although I guess you actually see (slightly) the color of the shirt and collar (blue with a white collar).

Anyway if anyone wants to hunt this magazine down, feel free...my only copy was sent to me by the Agency that found me for the shoot....System_Admin (Brian) happened to be up visiting me in New Jersey when I received it in the mail last week, so I guess if you want verification of the photo in question, you can ask him about it...or buy a copy of the magazine....if you are fluent in French and like Soccer, there's an article featuring Diego Maradona in that issue. Be forwarned, if you are both fluent in French and like soccer, and admit it, you may be banned from Steroid .com for life...

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Alright whoever gets the magazine post up the pic....

Quote Originally Posted by majorpecs
    Alright whoever gets the magazine post up the pic....
    that would be nice. Cuz i could never buy a french magazine, they're still called freedom fries round these parts damnit.

BigLittleTim is offline Senior Member
    And was that you in the making of the French rugby-team calendar "documentary" video?

Those guys are way too pretty to play Rugby.

I stopped by the Ralph Lauren "Rugby" store on oh-so-fashionable Newbury Street. Who wears these "rugby" shirts? Kate Moss?

-BigLittleTim

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    So scan the page and post it.

Obviously no one is going to be able to find this, so if you have it then it would be great if you could throw it up.

Congrats......

~SC~

Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't have a scanner, nor (more importantly) the inclination to post it; I don't particularly want an 8"x11" photo of my face on the 'net right now. However, anyone who wants to go get a copy can feel free to go to Borders or Barnes and Noble and buy one...I can't imagine it will be difficult to order, as the company that puts out the magazine is the same one that puts out Glamour, Vogue, etc...

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Congrats !!!!

CRUISECONTROL is offline Post Whore Extraordinaire Cruising On Autopilot
    Congrats and good luck in the future

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    What a cool way to make a living......

Congrats brutha..
    MJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Joe
    What a cool way to make a living......
    It's far from how I make my living...it was just something I did because I had the opportunity...If you get a copy of it, take a look at the first page of the spread...that dude is Alex Verga, from the "Guess?" ads of the last couple of years...he probably earned 10x what I did for the same 10-12 hours of work. He (and all of the "real models") were actually really, really cool. It was the kind of weird situation where you think that male models are going to all be like Zoolander and shit, but they really aren't...they're the nicest guys you'd ever wanna meet.

Anyway, the information on the company that originally found and contacted me (they saw me at a rugby practice, and got my contact info) and my name and shit are all at the end of the article, along with the name of the production company who still has all of my contact information (because they called me last week, and sent the magazine to me) ...so I guess if any agencies or whatever (?) sees the spread and wants to get in touch with me for more work, they can....but I'm not holding my breath.
    Last edited by Property of Steroid.com; 10-04-2005 at 09:37 AM.

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    nice GQ congratulations.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Great achievement Hooker. You obviously have the body and the face

PaRiS2005 is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGuy
    Great achievement Hooker. You obviously have the body and the face
    That's where the money maker is!! Congrats, man

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    I sure hope there is nothing really incriminating on this site that some others would want to get in touch with you about.

jmt
    jmt is offline Associate Member
    Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by PaRiS2005
    That's where the money maker is!! Congrats, man
    Maybe you'll have to pick up a copy yourself to see if there's any kind of money making potential

I think it's just a flattering shot, but it took about a half an hour of shooting to get the single one that they used, in that particular pose, with that other model, etc......but the funny thing is that they didn't use every photo (obviously) from the shoot, and some "real models" were totally left out of the spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    I sure hope there is nothing really incriminating on this site that some others would want to get in touch with you about.
    My address was already posted on the internet, along with my name (not cool, but not important in the scheme of things).

But to be honest, I wrote a book that I've already agreed to represent in person with interviews and such, if they should come up...so I mean...I'm not hiding from anyone, I'm just not really going to post a pic of my face, or divulge any information on where I live on the internet. Anyone can find me, if they try hard enough (which isn't very hard). As for incriminating evidence, I admittedly put a bunch of different chemicals in my body pretty regularly, and state so pretty openly and honestly....but as I'm protected by the First Amendment in saying those things, I'll continue to do so...as I understand it talk on an internet discussion board does not constitute probable cause to start any kind of legal investigation on me...

I've been threatened a few times on the internet AAS boards ("I'll come find you, etc....I'm so tough, blah blah blah") but nobody's shown up to my house so far...

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Congrats!

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    good man... sounds all worked out to me.

Two4the$$ is offline Senior Member
    when is it available?

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Congrats on the photo. Is it a one shot deal or do you think you will get the chance to do more?

Thread Information