Thread: Useless trivis Pt.6
05-06-2002, 11:51 AM #1Respected Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2002
- Miller's Crossing
Useless trivis Pt.6
1. If you add together all the numbers on the roulette wheel(1 to 36), the total is the mystical number 666, often associated with the devil.
2. If the number 111,111,111 is multiplied by itself, the result is all of the digits in ascending to descending order, or 12,345,678,987,654,321.
3. A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time. It is 1/100 of a second.
4. A "clue" originally meant a ball of thread. This is why one is said to "unravel" the clues of a mystery.
5. Synesthesia is a rare condition in which the senses are combined. Synesthetes see words, taste colors and shapes, and feel flavors
6. Parrots rarely aquire a vocabulary of more than twenty words. However, Tymhoney Greys and African Greys have been known to carry vocabularies in excess of 100 words.
7. A dragonfly flaps its wings 20 to 40 times per second, bees and houseflies 200 times, some mosquitoes 600 times, and a tiny gnat 1,000 times.
8. A flea is capable of jumping 13 inches in a single leap. In human terms, this would be equivilant to a person leaping 700 feet in one bound.
9. A fly can react to something it sees and change direcion in 30 milliseconds.
10. A grasshopper can leap over obstacles 500 times it's own height. In relation to it's size, it has the greatest jumping ability of all animals.
11. A strand of spider web may be stronger than an equal diameter of steel.
12. A typical bed usually houses over 6 billion dust mites(sweet dreams)
13. After mating, a female black widow spider devours her partner. The female may dipatch as many as 25 suitors a day in this manner.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)