HollywoodM3 is offline Member

firefox question

I got firefox and ghostsurf, but you have to go in manualy if you use firefox, and doing something to the IP and Port, can anyone help me with this.

thanks

Alex2 is offline Senior Member
    It is hard to tell this way. If you take a snapshot of that screen it will easier to know what it is asking for exactly, or type the question that shows up there.

Most likely the port number is 80 or 8080. Both should work. But I cannot tell anything about the IP address before I know what is needed information because it could be IP address, virtual IP address, etc.

when instaling the ghost surf, it just said that IE was all set and no other changes were needed, but it also said that if you use netscape or firefox, and said you need to put in this IP addy and this port number, but only showed an example of netscape and not firefox.

so i just need to know that, so i can make ghostsurf work with firefox

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    here is another alternative

Hacking anonymously with Firefox

This is a very, very, simple way to create anonymous browsing, using anonymous proxies.

There are three steps to this:

Get SwitchProxy addon for Firefox

Find anonymous proxy

Run new proxy
    Okay first step, is to get SwitchProxy http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...hproxy+firefox for Firefox (Because you are using firefox, right?). Install this.

First step was easy. Now it is time for the tricky part. You need to find an anonymous proxy. There are many ways to find an anonymous proxy, but the simplest is to run this program I am presenting. You need to run a program called "Charon" http://www.google.com/search?num=20&...haron+download . When you run this, you will need to scan for new proxies, as you see in the illustration.

Third, add any found IP addresses to your new Firefox tool bar.

Lastly, go to www.whatismyip.com and you should see a different IP address pop up than what your IP truely is. You're done!

this was found at http://byzantineattack.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lavinco
    here is another alternative

Hacking anonymously with Firefox

This is a very, very, simple way to create anonymous browsing, using anonymous proxies.

There are three steps to this:

Get SwitchProxy addon for Firefox

Find anonymous proxy

Run new proxy
    Okay first step, is to get SwitchProxy http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...hproxy+firefox for Firefox (Because you are using firefox, right?). Install this.

First step was easy. Now it is time for the tricky part. You need to find an anonymous proxy. There are many ways to find an anonymous proxy, but the simplest is to run this program I am presenting. You need to run a program called "Charon" http://www.google.com/search?num=20&...haron+download . When you run this, you will need to scan for new proxies, as you see in the illustration.

Third, add any found IP addresses to your new Firefox tool bar.

Lastly, go to www.whatismyip.com and you should see a different IP address pop up than what your IP truely is. You're done!

this was found at http://byzantineattack.blogspot.com/
    thanks for the info,
    what will that allow me to do?? and is that better than ghostsurf?

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodM3
    thanks for the info,
    it will hide your ip address while surfing sites like this one. Kinda makes you look like you are from china or somewhere else. Untraceable

Quote Originally Posted by Lavinco
    it will hide your ip address while surfing sites like this one. Kinda makes you look like you are from china or somewhere else. Untraceable
    wont the ghostsurf do that?? or is this better, bare with me,as i have never done anything like this, its all really cool, but scary, as there is a lot of info people can get, especially going on these sites...

wont the ghostsurf do that?? or is this better, bare with me,as i have never done anything like this, its all really cool, but scary, as there is a lot of info people can get, especially going on these sites...

ghostsurf does do this too. My information offers an alternative to you if you cant get ghostsurf working correctly.

Try this for ghostsurf
    http://www.tenebril.com/support/

thanks bro, but cant find anything on that about firefox and ghost surf

thanks for the info,
    They all based on the same idea. They will conenct you the Internet through a "proxy server" that is placed somewhere (could be in the states, China, Europe etc) so your actual IP address won't appear; the server's IP will show instead.

I got firefox and ghostsurf, but you have to go in manualy if you use firefox, and doing something to the IP and Port, can anyone help me with this.

thanks
    Try the following:

While you are connectted to the Intenet, go to "Start" => "Run" and type cmd for comamnd. A black screen will appear. Type ipconfig /all and your IP address as well as some other information will show at the command prompt.

Write down the IP address of the "Default Gateway" and put it in the firebox and put 80 or 8080 as port number. If you don't have Default Gateway address, Primary DNS address should work.

Thread Information